End of the world?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2012 Has been proved wrong people! It was on an interview with the actors from the movie. Apparently scientists and researchers have proved that it won't happen.

I'm tired of hearing about this 2012 deal. Remember 6/6/06? NOTHING happened! I doubt the world will end anytime soon, it might be in a couple of days, years, or a long time away. Nobody knows.

I don't think so. Scientist have been wrong before.

And I also don't think that all the earthquakes are gonna cause the world to end. That's just dumb. The plates are just movin' and gettin' comfortable. Nothing to be afraid about. That's how mountains and islands are made. It happens all the time.

Just breath. The world is NOT going to end in 2012.

Just because the Mayan calendar ends on 12/21/2012 dosen't mean the world will end. It's just the end of a cycle. Only God knows when the world will end, and He's not telling.

Obviously, I'm devastated for all those that have lost their lives in earthquakes, volcanoes, etc. etc., but isn't it telling us that the earth's working? It's completely natural for earthquakes etc to take place. And you know, I've heard some stuff about earth's cycles, and we might just be going through the one of the cycles.

I don't think there's a set date for the world to end, except with God. For all we know, it could end tomorrow, it could never end at all. I don't get why humanity has to be so curious and can't just live life.

So. Personally, I don't think 2012 is gonna be the death date or Earth. Just because the Mayans didn't write out the rest of their calender doesn't mean we're all gonna die. I mean, who would really want to sit their writing out the rest of earth's time? Maybe they knew they wouldn't know when it was going to end, but forgot to tell someone they just weren't bothered to carry on writing.

Hey. Who knows.

When I give arguments for why the world isn't going to end in 2012 the Mayan calendar hasn't really crossed my mind. People seem to be very caught up in how or when the world is going to end instead of just living their life now. If everyones worried about the end how can we ever enjoy the beginning. The world has been predicted to end several times before. People seem obsourbed in how to prepare for the end but if we don't know the date or how the world will end exactly then how would they know what to prepare for. The end of the world for me as a christian will be when Jesus comes back to earth. I don't see this as something to fear but instead something to rejoice about. People will be saved and we'll be taken home, that seems like a good way to live at the "end"

I'm a Christian and believe the world will end when God wants it to. But let's not bring religion into this.

The world was supposed to end hundreds of times before, but we're still here. What difference will this time make? It doesn't matter if the Mayan Calendar ends that date, it doesn't mean our world will.

What I believe will happen is that our civilisation/technology will leap forward/develop further. But I don't think the world will end.

Maybe, it's not really easy to know, but you hear about so much violence and evil in the world, tsunamis and earthquakes as well...

I would estimate, like 100- 600 years ?? :)

Hahahaha. No one can predict if the world's going to end. There's been a lot of other predictions too. Like 2016, 1999, 1996, 1990. And they were all fake. Besides, even if the world's going to end (which it won't any time soon) we all die someday. No one's immortal. :D

[SIZE=7pt]I highly doubt all of the 2012 rumors. Just 'cause the Mayan calendar ended on that date doesn't mean that the world will end. Maybe the dude that was making it got lazy / ran out of rock, therefore decided to stop making the calendar. I do think that something will happen in 2012.. but not the end of the world.
[/SIZE]

The world could end in 2012, but that wouldn't mean a thing. It's just be a huge coincidence.

There's lots of ways Earth or even just the plain old universe could end in just mere seconds from now.

If something does happen in 2012, then it's just a big coincidence.

^^ The world could also end in 2013, 2014, 2015 etc. etc.

Yeah, I don't think the world will end anytime soon. When the sun goes out we will. Or someone creates a bomb so powerful it blows us up. . . BUT ANYWAYS! haha no.

Nuh uh. I mean, it's already great that the Mayans actually got the calendar to go as far as, like, 1000 years ahead of their time! I would only bother to do 10 years, anyways. Just cos the calender ends then, doesn't mean the world will end.

Well last night, Adelaide had its first ever earthquake in about fifty or so years. It was tiny compared to most, 3.8 on the Richter scale, but it still shocked dozens of people around the city. One of my friends told me that earthquakes that happen a couple of years earlier are like the "beginning of the end" in the actual 2012 movie. So now she's quite terrified.

It's also got me thinking harder on the subject. I believe the world's gonna enter a new stage, y'know? I think someone who posted earlier said we're just coming out of an ice age? Exactly. Global warming might just be the earth entering a completely new stage. And that's what I think 2012 is all about. That might just be approximately when we're gonna end with this ice age and enter a new, warmer climate that we'll just have to adapt to. And that might be why natural disasters are on the increase. The earth preparing for a change.

And the whole December 21st stuff, I'm sorry, I don't believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back