End of the world?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No wayy. All this end of the world stuff is completely ridiculous. Just because it's the end of the Mayan calendar doesn't mean it's the end of the world, instead, it's the beginning of a new calendar.

I don't believe the world is going to have a specific time on when it's going to end.

It could end today, it could end a million years from now.

So basically, I think the 'world's going to end in two years' theory is BS.

Each opinion to their own, I guess.

Personally, I think, with the way the world is going in general now, it's probably going to end soon.

But we can never know. I'm probably wrong. xD

It'll happen whenever it happens.

~Mew

Just because a calender ends doesn't mean the world is going to end. It might end on that day but I don't believe it will, though on the day I'll be really nervous and hiding because a small part of me believes it could happen. The rest of me thinks it's a load of bs. Either way I'm not particularly bothered what happens, if everyone is going to die on that day, at least I'm not alone, so whatever, and if we're all going to live... yay, I guess.

All these earthquakes are supposed to happen.

Earthquakes are to be evenly distributed across the Earth. It's one of the rules.. but I forgot which. I studied this because it's going to be on my Science state test in June.

I really don't think about it much. I mean, if it happens, :) but if you are dead.. you probably won't know since you're dead, you know?

If you live thinking you're going to die.. that's no fun. :(

So I just ignore all the mass hysteria. :D

I say it's crap.

If the world does end, we won't really know.

Because the world ending would wipe out everything living on it as well.

I don't foresee the end anytime soon.

With all the earthquakes such, it could just be that the tectonic plates are moving faster than usual, or they're just hitting sweet spots that happen to cause mass panic across the world.

There's about half a million detectable earthquakes every year.

Actually, the earthquake in Haiti is, I believe, the fifth deadliest earthquake of all time. The worst was in 1556 in china. Killed nearly a million people.

The quake in Haiti is only number ten in death toll by natural disasters. That quake in China is the third. The first also happens to be in China. It was a flood in 1931. Killed around two million people.

Hum, yes. Earthquakes of the magnitude in Chile happen ever couple years or so.

Oh! As for magnitude, Haiti doesn't even make the top 20 list. The one in Chile this year is number seven (8.8), though it's far from even making the to deadliest.

The number one worst quake by magnitude also happen in Chile in 1960 (9.5).

So, yeah. Happens all the time.

Well, on 12/21/2012 I'll be on Christmas break, and celebrated our anniversary the day before. I also start up my Santaclautchi at this time. So I am not gonna be worrying about the end of the world.

Don't believe in it. Something new is probably going to happen and things might change (a new era or whatever), but I don't see the end of the world happening in 2012. Besides, I've spent my whole life in school and I'm supposed to be getting my Master's Degree around that time and I refuse to believe that the end of the world is near. :)

I'll admit, it is awkward that the earthquakes in Haiti, then Chile, then Taiwan, then the Phillipines were one right after another, but I don't believe the world is ending.

However, I DO believe that the plates are going to push the continents farther and farther apart.

And I DO believe that the Big Bang is how the universe started and that the Big Squeeze (The Big Squoosh, the Big Flattening, whatever it's called) is how the world will end.

I just don't believe it'll be happening in 2 years.

Won't happen for a long time, I think. I'd like to think the world will end when God wants it to, but I'm not sure.

*TM Edit: Please don't bump old threads - the last post made on this was made over 4 months ago *

*closed*

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back