Fat and Dieting questions

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tamagotchi5252

Reaction score
ok so im fat and i want to lose weight but i have some questions

ok if i start losing wait will i lose it in the chest area cos that isnt very big

would stopping eating foods like sweets and chocolate and doing excersise help

if i walk up and down huge amounts of stairs every day and swimming and karate help because as of next year i will be doing that

post experiances and stuff thanks for the help

PS: more to come

Well, if you want to lose weight I would suggest getting as much exersise as you can.

Cut back on the sweets, and only have them as treats.

If you have a dog, you could walk it everyday.

;)

Walking helps a lot. Karate is GREAT for losing weight. Swimming is also very good. Cut back on sweets but dont give them up entirely. You will be very unhappy. If your chest isnt large to begin with you probably wont lose much there.

Lots of stairs might not be a great idea if you have any sort of joint or back problems.

Remember, the thing about exercise is that is very difficult to stick to if it isnt something you enjoy. Get exercise while doing activities that you love.

Good luck!

I'm going through the same thing.

Try and eat smaller portions, and eat whole wheat pasta, bread, etc. It fills you up faster so you don't eat as much.

Also, eating more soup is great too, it hardly has any calories and has lots of healthy nutrition in it.

Pick a chicken burger over a hamburger, it has about half the fat.

Drink LOTS of water, I myself hate normal water, so I have flavoured water, and it tastes like juice but it's acually water.

Eat sugar free candy/chocolate if your desprate.

Running is a great sport for losing weight, so do 10 minutes running, and 10 minutes doing situps/other exersizes

EAT SALAD! A great and healthy filler.

And last but not least, it's okay to splurge and eat a huge hamburger or a chocolate bar, don't limit yourself too much.

Good luck, and don't except results like, fast. It takes time to lose weight, you won't lose 5 pounds everyday. ;]

Well, try to lay off the chocolate and the fat. Look at the nutrition facts on the back of each food you eat, just to make sure that it isn't that fattening. Also, don't drink any pop. Pop isn't that healthy for you. Diet isn't that healthy, either.

If you plan to eat popcorn, buy the SmartPop popcorn. The brand for the SmartPop Popcorn is Orville Redbachers.

Good Luck ;)

ok so im fat and i want to lose weight but i have some questions
ok if i start losing wait will i lose it in the chest area cos that isnt very big

if i walk up and down huge amounts of stairs every day and swimming and karate help because as of next year i will be doing that

post experiances and stuff thanks for the help

PS: more to come
Its good to keep a journal to write down what you ate that day and to write about your dieting expeinces.

NEVER skip a meal for the sake of losing weight as this will only make you more likely to overeat later or to choose not so healthy choices.

If you aren't a morning person and aren't hungry first thing in the morning grab a peice of fruit or a Breakfast bar to go with you.

Its ok to have treats once in a while just don't over do it. Alot of Snacks come in 100 Calorie Packs now. I personally like Fat-Free Pringles but I have to go by the seving size on the label. So if your snack says 15 chips then stick to it. Just because something is labeled Fat-free means its ok to eat the whole thing.(99 cent chip bags are evil and are about 300 cal per bag) Once a week choose a day were you get to eat something you really are craving, like ice cream.

Also eat lots of fruits and Veggies along with your protein and dairy as well as your grains. Try seeing if your parents could use conala oil or olive oil for cooking. Some oils are better for you then others. What percent milk do you drink? I'd go to 1% or skim milk(you might not like this so you might do better on 1%) Warning:Fat-Free cheese is nasty so don't even touch it with a ten ft poll.

Food labels play a big part in dieting. Looking at how much fat,sugar, and calories are in something mean alot. Cereal's like Fruity Pebbles are full of sugar. I like Speical K Fruit in yogurt along with their choclate one. I go by the serving size on the box. Which for most cereal One Cup which is pretty much a half-bowl of cereal. Bring snacks of fruit or veggies if you get hungry later.

Weight Watchers Ice Cream bars really rock and taste good if you want a treat without being bad.

If you go to a resteraunt eat half the meal and save the other half to take home for another day. That way you cut caloies and fat in half.

Its not easy to lose weight, trust me I've done it and have gained it back. Sometimes it helps to have a friend you can talk to and help support you. Good Luck on your diet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't have too many sweets or chocolate, just do about 1+ hour of exercise a day, try the tredmill or just going out cycling/jogging with friends will work to!!!!

hope i helped, and have a great tama-talking day!!! :lol:

If you ar dieting, diet in a safe way. Excersize frequently, follow the food guide (pm me for more details) and don't eat sweets. Remeber, don't try to lose weight, try to lose fat. Muscle weighs more than fat, so if you begin to gain pounds even if you are excersizing, that just means that you are gaining muscle, and you'll look and feel great. NEVER cut back on meals or anything like that; you could become anorexic ad eventually starve yourself to death.

Hope I helped!

I remember when I was going through this. I used to be 130 pounds, and now I'm 120 after the summer and all. Here are some things I did:

Losing weight won't come like magic, it takes time and detirmination. If you're gaining/not losing, don't fret. Just keep going.

Eat whatever you'd eat for meals, except a little less. As an example, if you were having chicken wings for dinner, have one instead of too.

Always eat a small, light salad after dinner so that digestion will be easier. My spanish teacher told me that in Spain, they serve salad after the meal to help with digestion. This shouldhelp. :furawatchi:

If you get tempted for a snack like a chocolate bar or ice cream during the day and you're not hungry, just bored, then just chew on a piece of gum until the craving goes away or get a couple healthy crackers. I always have leaves of lettuce with ranch dressing for a snack. :D

The exceptions for sweets and such is let's say for a party, or a sleepover, or a holiday.

Also, if you are a big fan of soda, try switching to water. The transformation might cause a few minor headaches here and there, but your body is adjusting to the new substances.

Try getting off the computer for a little bit. Take your dog or cat for a walk, or even go with a parent or gaurdian or a friend. Take a jog around the block. Go on a nature trail on your bike. All of these can help you lose weight. :)

Good luck and I hope you reach your goal! :D

My mom always says I'm anorexic now, but I still have a couple pounds I'd like to lose because it shows. o.o'

EDIT: One more thing; if you're weighing yourself at home on a scale, try weighing yourself in the morning before you have breakfast and after you go to the bathroom. This is your real weight. If you weigh yourself at the end of the day, you will appear 2 or 3 pounds heavier after all the food and fluids. Also, try taking your clothes off when you weigh yourself because clothes add extra weight.

Here is what to remember: :furawatchi:

Eat food, helthy food, DONT cut down on food if it's your 1st time trying to get... less overweight...

Sweets should ONLY be a treat!

Have fun in the sun! Excercise, and excercise, and you'll have fun too!

In you need to run say... a mile for P.E. at school (if your school even does do that for pe) run like you rever ran before, jog, and only walk when you KNOW that you worked really hard.

It works! (but... I don't really know.... I'm guessing it does, but I'm trying to GET more weight)

Try to contain yourself from food, and exercise.

I don't know how, but before the summer, I was 100lbs+ and now I'm only 62lbs.

My sis got her wisdom teeth out so she couldn't eat solid food for a week. She lost 3kg by just drinking soup and having juices the whole week. Of course you would want some solid food though, especially if you were doing more than my sister (during that week she was just sitting on the couch watching television while the rest of our family were being her maids).

Exercise. That's what I suggest.Do not completely cut sweets because It makes you unhappy and nervous.

And... never,I mean NEVER do gymnastics or stretching as exercising!

Do not exaggerate in eating bread,nuts or cheese.

And for a snack,have plain popcorn!

~Jessica~

No, I wouldnt imagine so. The chest area consists out of tissue, and it develops on it's own time.

DEFINETELY! The more, the better. It may take a while, but don't give up your hope on losing it- your metabolism will eventually catch up. :D And you will feel really good about yourself!

if i walk up and down huge amounts of stairs every day and swimming and karate help because as of next year i will be doing that.

Yes! The more, the better. :D As I said before. Excercise? Can't beat it.

Eat lots of fruits, and cut down on the fat, calories and sugar, and you're well on your way. It may be a little hard to follow at first, but think about all the GREAT things that will happen if you follow through. Drink water! Add a 'Crystal Light' if you have to. Getting lots of water is terrific for your body!

Good luck, I hope everything goes well. :)

Just make sure you get the minimum amount of food you need as said in the food guide.

Exercise, get out more, maybe join some clubs where you get out and hang with friends, etc.

Just don't eliminate any food groups from your diet.

Personal Fitness is what we all strive for. Some can achieve it excellently through their life,while some can't. Make sure that whenever you plan for something this big that affects your body so much,you should set a goal for your determined weight. Also, the media has a mass impact on what girls think about in your age group. Good luck, and I hope you have sucess with this.

Most people do need to lose weight, but I'm in the 20% that actually need to gain weight.

I suggest cutting back on fatty/sugary foods. Exercise regularily. And even though this isn't very much, if you want to lose 1 pound a week, eat 500 less calories EVERY day. You could lose 4 pounds a month, which is a start.

Exercise. That's what I suggest.Do not completely cut sweets because It makes you unhappy and nervous.
You're right about that.

The healthiest snack is not only fruit and vegetables, but also a little bar (50 g) of 70% cocoa chocolate.

I would advise you also not only to eat healthy but also a wide variety of food.

The secret of getting the weight you want is to eat many things to ensure good health. It's sooo much more important with good health than a slender waist. :D and believe me, I weigh 160 lbs and i am 180 cm tall. I started this healthy life plan a year ago and i have lost twenty pounds :D and as i continue as loose more faster and faster.

I swim, take long walks, yoga and I work voluntarily. The secret is eating everything but most of the healthy stuff.

i take it you have seen the nutrient pyramid? Try to get everything on it through a whole week.

For me, breakfast consist of a fried egg (fried in a so-called diet pan - nada fat or oil needed), one slice of wholegrain bread, a 125 g cup of blueberry yoghurt (it contains a little sugar but blueberries are very good for your entrails), one cup of chinese green tea i bought in an Asian shop and a little can of lemon pepper tuna in brine (lots of proteins and hardly any fat).

Eat some bread or else your stomach will get loose and you'll sit on the toilet all day -_-

Lunch is normally iceberg salad with corn, kidney beans, peppers, cucumber, tomatoes, a little cheese, and breast meat from chicken or some ham. Having ham and cheese in a a salad provides you with some fat (you need some fat or else you might be malnourished).

For dressing i use French thoudand island. Fat free and incredibly good actually.

Dinners have many choices. frozen chicken you fry in the oven you can "paint" with some honey, herbal salt and garlic. Boil a lot of different vegetables and for gravy some soy sauce.

Dead Mametchi's every day wok: one bag of chinese wok vegetables, or this mixture: Pea pods, water chestnuts, peppers, baby corn, poppy seeds, cauliflower, cabbage and boiled noodles. Stirfry the meat (chicken, beef, pork beef, scnitzel meat or minced chicken meat) and put it aside, then stirfry the vegetables for seven minutes. mix the meat and noodles in and let it whir for the last minute. A bottle of thai chili sauce you just drip over the courseis better than a glass of it being poured into the wok (much sugar).

For supper a vegetable soup or a sandwich with ham and lettuce.

Drink a lot of water, but not only water. juice, milk and green tea is good for you.

Stay away from artificial sweetener as it tends to make your appetite bigger. I have been taking chef education and know why Splenda, Natreen and that stuff is risky. The sweet taste of it triggers the brain to release more insulin but when there's no sugar for the insulin to decompose, the appetite for sugar and fat increases and you could risk eating a big block of milk chocolate :D

Remember to eat meat. If you cut out meat the level of vitamin B12 in your blood will decrease, and that can actually result in a heavy depression :p . Been there. I know a couple who are vegetarians and they take a lot of expensive vitamin subsidies to avoid that.

Remember physical activity. 45 minutes of swimming, walking in your pace. Remember to keep the pace you can manage, or else you can be tired of it and don't want to do it next day. Keep a diary over your workouts to see how the results are developing.

But before doing all this be sure to ask your parents first. No one can do all this alone without some cheering up at times.

Good luck!

Oh, well you know America is the fattest country in the world most of the people in the US make foods that are all just one bag o' GREACE! >_>

I'm a bit overweight. I need to lose about 10 or 20 pounds SWIMMING is great it helps you reaveal you're muscles you never even knew u had and i would suggest you to not eat high calorie foods and ONLY eat when you need it!!! that's one of the things that makes you fat!

-Riti

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back