Favorite Ancestor Tamagotchi...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bathory: Osu/Mesu are definitely awesome and yes, there is something special about them, how you can physically link them and see their cool mating dance (rather than the infrared stuff these days, which is pretty cool too).

@sweet.angel: Glad you got to experience the Devil! Do you have one of your own now?

@Boshia: Yeah, even though Oceans are super hard to care for, there's something really satisfying about taking care of the hardest of the hard and succeeding. I don't know if this is in your price range, but there is this one on Ebay currently: https://cgi.ebay.com/Oceangotchi-Sea-Tamago...=item35a52c366c. Awesome about the Morino! I'm running one right now and it's pretty neat.

@MintyDreams7: I was the same way with my very first Tamagotchi, took it everywhere, played with it nonstop. I hope you find duplicates of your older pets. I imagine that since they're hard to find that they're also pretty pricey as a result of that?

@LittleChocoWolf: Right! You're getting your Angel soon, I saw you mention that in the other threads. Congratulations, they're pretty awesome! I know you mentioned you've heard things about these awesome vintage Tamagotchis so I was wondering if you've heard about some of these great websites on vintage (including Japanese) Tamagotchis. They've been around forever and are worth browsing:

https://www.mimitchi.com/html/tindex.htm

https://www.tamenagerie.com/

https://www.peppersoup.net/tamasquare/

https://www.pixelmood.com/

Last edited by a moderator:
@MintyDreams7: I was the same way with my very first Tamagotchi, took it everywhere, played with it nonstop.  I hope you find duplicates of your older pets.  I imagine that since they're hard to find that they're also pretty pricey as a result of that?
Yeah, people like to price them on ebay very insanely. Most of the time, they aren't worth the price people are asking. (missing the chain, missing screws, screen scratches, buttons/sound don't work, pixel flare, etc.)

Most of the time, the seller won't ship to Canada. So I'm having a lot of difficulty.

Last edited by a moderator:
@OldSchoolTama

Haha I've seen most of those besides

the Tamagotchi Square one.

Thanks ^^.

Im really excited about getting the Angelgotchi =D

Yeah, people like to price them on ebay very insanely. Most of the time, they aren't worth the price people are asking. (missing the chain, missing screws, screen scratches, buttons/sound don't work, pixel flare, etc.)Most of the time, the seller won't ship to Canada. So I'm having a lot of difficulty.
Yeah, that's a bummer about the conditions of some of the more vintage pets. Well, let me know if you ever find something you really like and if they don't ship to Canada, maybe I can help you out! :mellow:

@OldSchoolTamaHaha I've seen most of those besides

the Tamagotchi Square one.

Thanks ^^.

Im really excited about getting the Angelgotchi =D
No problem at all regarding the websites! I'm glad you already know about them. :mellow: Yeah, Angelgotchis are definitely something to get excited about.

I haven't played with mine for a while now.

I'd have to say the Angel, it's a very cute version. I love the characters, and the whole concept of the Tamagotchi.

My second favourite would be the P2, it's the normal Tamagotchi. Just taking care of your tama, no more. :)

I haven't played with mine for a while now.
I'd have to say the Angel, it's a very cute version. I love the characters, and the whole concept of the Tamagotchi.

My second favourite would be the P2, it's the normal Tamagotchi. Just taking care of your tama, no more. :mellow:
Pulling out the old Tamagotchis when you haven't played with them for a while is always a great feeling, at least for me. If it's been long enough, it's like everything's new again...almost. :( I will always have a special place in my heart for the P2 since my first one was a P2, no matter how many versions of Tamagotchi come out.

I really want a p1/p2 @.@
You should get them! There are plenty on Ebay right now. Just type in "Tamagotchi original" or "Tamagotchi 1996 1997 1998" and you'll find them. You'll even find some that are still in the box. Tamagotchi simplicity at its finest. :p

@OldSchool

Yeah I know xD but I dont have my own money.

Its my parents xD And I just bought the Angelgotchi

and on the 27th Im getting a game O; so I cant get

a tama for another month or two

@OldSchoolYeah I know xD but I dont have my own money.

Its my parents xD And I just bought the Angelgotchi

and on the 27th Im getting a game O; so I cant get

a tama for another month or two
Ohhh, I see. Well, you could always do chores or something, if you and your parents go for that. :D In any case though, when you get another Tamagotchi in a couple of months or so, maybe a P1 or P2 is on your list? They're the cheapest (besides maybe the Mini/Chibi) vintage Tamagotchis out there.

i really want an Angel,Morino,or Ocean for some reason

i really want an Angel,Morino,or Ocean for some reason
Well, for good reason! Those are all fantastic vintage Tamagotchis. I'd start off with the Angel. First off, they're cheaper than the others you listed and they're relatively low-maintenance, especially compared to the Ocean. I highly recommend getting as many vintage Tamagotchis as you can. They're great! :)

So true, OST!!! Might as well get as many vintage Tamas as you can.
I know I am. :) I'm getting pretty much one of each of the vintages, at least. Better get them before prices go up even higher or before they become even more rare.

*facepalm*! I can't believe I didn't remember this ancestor section was here. :furawatchi:

Anyway, I like staying simple and original, so I'm gonna say the P2. I don't mind the P1 either, but the P2 has some of my favorite characters on it, including Mimitchi! :huh: I really want some more ancestors, and I'm working on getting some. The only other one I've had the pleasure of playing with is my yellow Angel, which the first time I played with it, I managed to get Futagotenshi! Boy was I excited. xD

*facepalm*! I can't believe I didn't remember this ancestor section was here. :D
Anyway, I like staying simple and original, so I'm gonna say the P2. I don't mind the P1 either, but the P2 has some of my favorite characters on it, including Mimitchi! :p I really want some more ancestors, and I'm working on getting some. The only other one I've had the pleasure of playing with is my yellow Angel, which the first time I played with it, I managed to get Futagotenshi! Boy was I excited. xD
Awww. B) Poor ancestors not getting any love or being overlooked. It's all good, we all come back to our roots in the end. :) I'll always have a soft spot for the P2, as it was my first Tamagotchi, so I definitely know what you mean. I favor the P2 over the P1 as well, mostly because of Mimitchi. :mellow: ;) I hope you are able to get more vintage Tamagotchis. They're great fun!

I'm 25 now, so I was all up ons the p1 and p2 tamagotchis when they first came out. I loved the excitement of fishing around and checking out all of the different colors in the Toys R Us bins. My very first, and thus my favorite, was a clear magenta p1 that I have going right now. (However, I neglected it while at a work party and now it's the duck-headed, snake-bodied guy. Oops.)

I really love both p1 and p2 the best, and of those, the clear colors are my favorite. I'm starting to collect again and only now discovering some of the other non-us varients. I would like to own an osu/mesu pair, especially the clear/smoke.

I have an angel, but I never really got into it. It seemed "cheap" to me at the time because it couldn't "die", really. I also had giga pets, but never had a digimon, which I would love to give a try these days.

I also like how petite and portable the original gotchis are. They fit nicely in your hand, and aren't too enormous hanging from a chain or in your pocket. (Try taking a Tama-Go anywhere. I think Tama-Stay is much more apt. Ugh...so terrible.)

I'm 25 now, so I was all up ons the p1 and p2 tamagotchis when they first came out. I loved the excitement of fishing around and checking out all of the different colors in the Toys R Us bins. My very first, and thus my favorite, was a clear magenta p1 that I have going right now. (However, I neglected it while at a work party and now it's the duck-headed, snake-bodied guy. Oops.)
I really love both p1 and p2 the best, and of those, the clear colors are my favorite. I'm starting to collect again and only now discovering some of the other non-us varients. I would like to own an osu/mesu pair, especially the clear/smoke.

I have an angel, but I never really got into it. It seemed "cheap" to me at the time because it couldn't "die", really. I also had giga pets, but never had a digimon, which I would love to give a try these days.

I also like how petite and portable the original gotchis are. They fit nicely in your hand, and aren't too enormous hanging from a chain or in your pocket. (Try taking a Tama-Go anywhere. I think Tama-Stay is much more apt. Ugh...so terrible.)
I'm in my early 20s as well and grew up with the vintage Tamagotchis. :huh: I will always have a soft spot for the P2s, especially. You're like me, I like collecting the translucent/transparent designs the best. I'm glad you mention the Osu/Mesu (I have the clear/smoky pair as well) and I highly recommend them. Hehe, "Tama-Stay," clever. :huh: I definitely feel the same way about the size of the newer Tamagotchis (the vintage Tamagotchis are so cute), but I think once you get over that a bit, they turn out to be quite fun.

Well, The Tama-Go is unappealing for several reasons aside from its size. The figures seem like a really awkward addition and not really in the spirit of the former new tamagotchis. It means that you have to buy several seven-dollar figures to get the games that should have already been included in the original unit. Also, the tama iD and Tama +C's look awesome! Why can't we have an American version of that? We know it's possible, it's been done in Japan; so why the several gray values? I think the screen looks muddy, from what I've seen. Yeah the id's are expensive, but so is a Tama-Go if you buy the figures for it. I think it's way more appealing to be able to download new content form internet or phone than a figure.

Just my two cents on that though, of course! I just feel like tamagotchis should always be portable and have something of a simplicity to them. I like the tamagotchi connection, but not really the music star that much. It's okay, but it gets a little gimmicky.

Yeah, I'd love that osu/mesu pair! Too bad they're pretty expensive and tough to find. I'm almost half tempted to get an id... maybe for my birthday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back