Feeling sorry...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereEaglesDare

Reaction score
TamaTalk is a great place to talk. Since I'm currently off of Tama's because of 11th grade being so hard, I've been mostly hanging around this section (Non-TamaTalk). There are many topics that I'd like to reply in, but I'm sometimes afraid to speak my opinion. I know that we are all entitled to speak our minds, but I worry so much about offending other people. In my most recent posts like that, I tend to say sorry after I say my opinion. But I shouldn't have to feel that way...should I? Does anyone have any suggestions for me about feeling more comfortable?

TamaTalk is a great place to talk. Since I'm currently off of Tama's because of 11th grade being so hard, I've been mostly hanging around this section (Non-TamaTalk). There are many topics that I'd like to reply in, but I'm sometimes afraid to speak my opinion. I know that we are all entitled to speak our minds, but I worry so much about offending other people. In my most recent posts like that, I tend to say sorry after I say my opinion. But I shouldn't have to feel that way...should I? Does anyone have any suggestions for me about feeling more comfortable?
Well, it's like this.

Say you saw a tv show. You didn't like it. BUT, your friends did. THey ask you, if you like it.

DOn't say,

"yeah and it was dumb"

say

"I saw it and it just wasn't for me."

THen, you can speak your opinion.

Or, you can say,

"I think that..."

Instead of

"I totally hate..."

Hope this helped. Just try to be kind, and it'll work.

mametchi :D

Well, speak your opinion. Just if it is a little bit too rude, make it so it is less rude, so it isn't rude at all.

For an example, 'That artwork is HORRIBLE!' change it to 'That is good, but you should practice a little bit more. ;) ' and that is not rude. <_<

For an example, 'That artwork is HORRIBLE!' change it to 'That is good, but you should practice a little bit more. ;) ' and that is not rude. <_<
That's plenty rude, it's just sugared up to sound polite. If I wanted to say that the artwork was horrible, I would bite my tongue and deal with it.

If you don't have anything nice to say, don't try to pass it off for something it isn't.

I don't think you're a rude person who speaks in an immature way at all, so I don't think that's the problem. And I don't think your views are the problem, because I find people need to grow a thicker skin and deal with things on this site a lot.

You just must be a more considerate person then me, I suppose. *shrug*

They way I can express my opinions and not care, is using this logic, however skewed it may be.

'If people get offended by an opinion made on the internet, they shouldn't be on it in the first place.'

Try not to think about what your saying and just say it. That's what I do. ^^

Last edited by a moderator:
That's plenty rude, it's just sugared up to sound polite. If I wanted to say that the artwork was horrible, I would bite my tongue and deal with it. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't try to pass it off for something it isn't.

I don't think you're a rude person who speaks in an immature way at all, so I don't think that's the problem. And I don't think your views are the problem, because I find people need to grow a thicker skin and deal with things on this site a lot.

You just must be a more considerate person then me, I suppose. *shrug*
For that situation on the artwork, instead of saying "You need to practice more" I'd say "It looks good, I can't wait to see more of your future drawings" mainly because it encourages them to improve so next time they show me something, it will probably be better than the last.

Another way to approach something with fair critism is the sandwich technique. Positive comment, comment on a weakness, positive comment, in that order. So for the artwork I could also say this:

"I really like the detail you have on the eyes of the character. The shading seems a little off to me, but I know shading isn't that easy to do when you start out so that's okay. I also really like how the hands look, I can't draw hands well lol."

Long winded I know, but you can see, it's stating your opinion without causing someone to go on the defence. Overall those two approaches seem to work well on majority of people.

If it's artwork, you don't like it, and someone wants you to judge it, simply don't reply if you have nothing nice to say about it but if you decide to reply, point out something you DO like instead of what you don't. Like for instance instead of, "What's with the weird purple dogs?" You could say, "I love how happy the purple dogs look in the sun!" or "Purple dogs...how original! That's cool!" Purple dogs was just an example though so don't laugh! ;)

say what you want to say. if they don't like it, then remember that everyone's entitled to their own opinion. if readers of the topic don't like it, tell them not to read your post. if the maker of the topic doesn't like it, then they shouldn't have made the stinkin' topic if they didn't want people to have different opinions. you're you. they're them. if they don't like it, then they need to get over it. .................but make sure it's all for the rules. and if you don't mean to hurt someone's feelings, then try not to. if you try not to, then chances are that no one will be offended. and if they are, oh well. that's just one person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back