Ferrets! =)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you like ferrets/have one?

• Yes! I have a ferret and I love him/her! ^^

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yep. I have one, and they're okay. :)

• Yeah... Ugh... Stinky.

• No, but I want one SOOO bad!!

• No, and I don't really plan to.

• EEW!!! A ferret?! Are you kidding me?!?!

• What's a ferret???

• Other (Post)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I used to want a ferret but after working with them in my school's animal center holding them, cleaning their cage, and having their stench stuck on my for the rest of the day, I changed my mind. xP

I would only get a ferret if it was stenchless.

xP

QUOTE=TwistAudio,Feb 18 2007, 12:12 PM] I think Ferrets are illegal in California, in my state.

California laws are Stupid. Theres actually a group called Ferrets Anonymous that has been trying to get them legalized there. I do hope they do get them legalized someday. Some people still own their Fuzzies there dispite the danger to their pets life! If I were them I'd move.

Anyway, a few months ago a ferret crept into my heart and stole it. XD My friend had been forced to move from her house and her beloved ferret hadn't a place to go. She took the ferret to her new apartment even though it was "No pets Allowed" Well they found out and Baby came to tempory live with me. I felt bad at poor Baby having to find another owner and found myself convinsing my mother to let her stay. At first my mother had made a flat out no, but she gave in. Baby is about 6 or 7 years old. Shes had a bad past, went through 6 owners in her life or something like that. Point is shes the most sweetest pain in my butt I could ever own. Baby is bad, she pees and poops sometimes where shes not suposed to on the floor when her box is clean.

Also likes to steal random things: Candy,My Croc shoes XD, her brush, catfood, her stuffed little ducky on a stick, toy mice, food, and anything else that might catch her eye.

When it comes to her smell I can honestly say that it doesn't bother me. I don't like it or dislike it, its just there. Every month I take Baby into the shower with me and give her her bath. She doesn't like her baths very much at all, though she likes it better then getting her ears cleaned. Even with food distraction she trys to squirm out of the way of the Q-tip. Also doesn't like her nails clipped but she is OK with it as long as she has a food offering like Meat Baby Food.

To those wanting a ferret:

Ferrets are high matience.

Are you willing and ready to let the ferret out of the cage everyday so that they can play with you? (they get depressed if left in the cage for a while)

Are you ready for the mess that they make?

Are you ready to have to scoop your ferrets litterbox everyday?

Can you deal with the smell of a ferret?

I would suggest you read Ferrets for Dummies if you are serious about it because its a good book with ALOT of info on Ferrets and it might help you find out if a ferret is for you.

Two Pictures of Baby:https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Pockygirl/Baby.jpg andhttps://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/Poc...ycarmelcorn.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
oh...so it is like a squirel or somethin like that?
No, nothing like that. They are more like weasels. Ferrets are NOT rodents. They are carnavores or meat eaters.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back