Final Fantasy games for DS

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

warriorcat_girl

Reaction score
I've been looking around for new DS games to try, and I thought Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days looked pretty cool (I like how the graphics are sort of 3D instead of flat cartoons), and was looking for other RPGs that had those 3D looking graphics, so I found the Final Fantasy games.

My questions is, are these games most interesting when played in order from first to last? Because it looks like these are a series. On Amazon, for the DS, I can find numbers 3, 4, and what looks like 12. Can somebody tell me about it? :p I would just want to pick the one that's most interesting, but if they're all kind of connected, I think it'd be better if I started on the first one (if there even is one for the DS).

Yo Final Fantasy fans (FFFs?), I need your knowledge! :p

What's wrong with "Flat Cartoons"? Graphics shouldn't matter in games.

You really don't need to play Final Fantsy games in order; they don't continue off from each other. Each of their stories are "diffrent" and don't continue off like Classic Phantasy Star did.

I am not big on Final Fantasy, because there are countless of RPGS out there besides Final Fantasy.

Only III, IV and 12 Exist on the DS. But 12 Isn't part of the True FF series. It's a side story. There is also Final Fantasy Tatics, which isn't part of the story lines, either.

Other Non FF games like Chrono Trigger and Dragon Quest IV and V are worth checking out. However, they are "Flat cartoons" and not in 3D.

Thanks for the info! From the stuff that I DID look at, I thought IV looked most interesting to me. =)

Thanks for the info! From the stuff that I DID look at, I thought IV looked most interesting to me. =)
If you truly wanna get into the games, I'd go with the classics such as IV, V amd VI. You can get V and VI on the gBA. There is also I and II on the PSP.

I would be happy to get into the games, but I've only got DS and will "migrate" to a DSi XL in a couple of months. =/ But I'd say IV looks like a really fascinating story! I even got hooked by the trailer. :mellow:

And I know it shouldn't matter whether the graphics are flat blurry-ish cartoons or 3D, but I really want to enjoy the appearance of the game along with how fun it is. That way I REALLY get sucked into it.

I've also been looking at Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days...would this be one of those other RPGs you think is better than FF? I'll say that the reasons I'm somewhat more attracted to it than FF4 are...

1) The graphics! Hahaha. They look so much smoother.

2) The battle style. In FF games, it looks like you just select options and spells and watch the action. But in KH it LOOKS like you control the character's movements in battle.

3) The plot looks almost as interesting in comparison to FF4 anyway.

BUT---what say you? =D

Kingdom Hearts isn't FInal Fantasy, though. KH follows a differnt combat style. There is Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom HEarts II on the PS2, as well for ReChain of Memories that is a remake of the GBA game.

Hmm...yeah, I think I'm going to try and get Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days this summer...after I get my DSi XL. =D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back