First Dance.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hanatchi99

Reaction score
Tomorrow is the Christmas Dance and I asked this guy I used to like to dance. It took a lot more guts than I thought Dx So, anyways, he said yes, and I need advice... you know, what to talk about, how to dance, etc.

Thanks guys.

I am a ballroom dancer, have been for 8 years, so I can offer you some tips. :)

Generally, if you are planning to slow dance with your date, the steps are very simple. All you need to do to a slow song is shift your weight from foot-to-foot at a speed that works with the music. Just put your feet apart about shoulder width or a little less, and just rock gently back and forth left to right. You can slide your feet in any direction as you do this, and generally your partner will feel it and follow suit. To avoid feeling akward, keep your knees just slightly bent, and let your hips/body move with your weight changes. This absorbs the movement from your legs and prevents you from looking stiff or choppy.

I am describing a dance called the Foxxy. It is what everyone tends to do when they are slow dancing because it is really easy to do. You will look really smooth and cool if you do it, and be the envy of other dancers. :D

As far as arms are concerned, you two can put your arms however they are comfortable. A lot of young couples choose to put the guy's arms around their waist, and the girl's arms around his neck. You can also have him put his right hand on your back, rest your left arm on top of his and put your hand on his back or arm, and he can just hold your right hand in his left hand up high or down low by his waist, whatever you prefer.

If you want to fast dance, just move your feet rhythmically and move your body to the beat however it feels good.

Most importantly, just have fun and be sure he knows it. You always feel better when you start dancing and see how easy it is. You will do great!

Ok. I don't know if I can beat what Aubrey said ... But I think he will like you for being brave enough to ask him. Guys like independent girls (from what i've heard).

Aubrey is right on.

The only other advice I can give you is don't talk. In my experience, talking just leads to awkwardness and feeling uncomfortable.

While I'm dancing with someone, I tend to have my face leaning against theirs if I really like them, or if I don't, I just have my head on or over their shoulder.

Not talking makes things feel more romantic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the advice guys :DD It went... well. Some kids pushed us when we started dancing. I wanted to strangle them D:< We danced twice. It was good :]

Idk...have fun...just look at everyone else before you start danceing...

It's not hard. I slow dance with my friend all the time xD

I thought slow-dancing would be hard, but I also recently had my first dance and my crush asked me to dance. Slow-dancing turned out to be easy and fun, and in the middle of it he asked me to be his girlfriend!!

I thought slow-dancing would be hard, but I also recently had my first dance and my crush asked me to dance. Slow-dancing turned out to be easy and fun, and in the middle of it he asked me to be his girlfriend!!
Good for you!

I am afraid to dance with my boyfriend.

*headdesk*

That's great that you had fun hanatchi99!

^ Why are you afraid to dance with your boyfriend? Are you nervous of him and what he'll think of you, or do you find the whole dancing thing scary?

Aubrey Hepburn provided some excellent dancing tips, and don't be scared/nervous of your boyfriend either.

He obviously really likes you so just remember to have fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back