First Snow Day of the Year

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GotchiGirl96

Reaction score
...Wow.

Today the first snow of the winter fell. And yes, I'm aware it's like the dead of fall, but here, it's snowing.

It's been snowing all morning. Originally, we were supposed to have a half day for school today because of staff development, but since it snowed I guess they just gave us the day off.

I wish we could have made it through October with no snow. And now, what about Halloween? We can't go trick or treating if it's going to snow!

;____;

I hate snow.

I LOVED snow days back in school! The best thing was waking up at like 6AM and getting that phone call (Or turning on the TV to check) saying that school was closed for snow.

Although the snow is a bit annoying when you walk with a cane.. it's still so pretty, I love it :p

I hate snow. HATE. DDx

I hate waking up in the morning, get dressed, and finally they tell us school's cancelled/or delayed. Then I'm already up and dressed and have my face all made up and my hair up and can't fall back asleep. DDx It just doesn't work. FAILL.

And it's SO COLD. I can't stand it. Cold weather and cold water are arguably my two least favorite things in the world. Standing at the bus stop in the pitch black and snow is the worst. x__x

We had a bit of snow last night, but it really didn't stick.

Sometimes Most of the time it is freezing cold on Halloween here. :( We can trick or treat, but with two layers of sweats on, a winter jacket, and Lord, you'll die without gloves on. But then what's the point of dressing up, because no one can see your costume? But that's when you say you're an eskimo for Halloween... xDD

It was actually warm-ish for Halloween last year. I could go in short sleeves. -gasp- Thank you heating up Earth.

But I think it's gonna be cold this year. :( Garn.

Well there is one thing I like about snow... and that's making snow ice cream with it. ^_^

Hope things warm up for you GG. -brr-

seeing as i was reared in texas, i always really appreciate the snowfall whenever it happens to come 'round these parts. snow is marvelous—the heat around here is loathsome. i am extremely envious of your snow.

It was a weird day in NJ. xD

It SNOWED...For the whole ROB period, then when we got back on the bus [From ROB]it was raining...THEN it snowed. THEN it rained. -____-

Ryan:

Rain's nice. It's like a shower...But you don't have to get nakie... xDDD and you get to jump in puddles!

I don't hate snow, but I do dislike it :eek:

Last year, no one went trick-or-treating because it was FROZEN outside. It was at least -20, I swear on my life.

EVERY Halloween in my life so far has had at least a little bit of snow. And usually during the first snow, it will warm up suddenly in November, and all the snow gets all mushy xP

Then at the end of November, it starts to snow again, and the mush turns to ice.

And it won't stop snowing until around late April. This year it didn't stop until early May o_____o

^ That's how it's been for all my life now xP

I love snow! :huh: It's really fun to play in lol unfortunately it hasn't snowed yet :eek: but it's freezing outside now >_<;; lol.

I love snow! :D It's really fun to play in lol unfortunately it hasn't snowed yet :( but it's freezing outside now >_<;; lol.
It was freezing during 4th period. .___.

It's practically cold enough to snow here, although it hasn't yet.. Chances are it will soon.

And they refuse to turn on the heater at my school until they're sure it isn't going to warm back up. ;~;

Last edited by a moderator:
A foot of snow....

We had a 2 hour delay. I was standing outside waiting for the bus for 10 minutes in the freezing cold.

The bus was late because it kept getting stuck in people's driveways when he went to back in to turn.

So, my grandma goes to call the bus garage to see if the bus maybe already came, then she called the school.

Nothing really from them. So I go in the house to warm up, and my grandma waits outside.

As soon as I go in, I probably wasn't in for 2 minutes when my grandma calls me saying that was the bus was there.

So I ran outside, almost slipped on the ice on the porch, and walked down the driveway that had snow mountains in spots.

So I got my pants and my shoes all wet. That's ok, my seat on the bus has the heater on it, so the heat on the bottom of my seat dried me up.

And we were like a half hour late for school today. Everyone thought I was absent. LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back