For those who have Limewire

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lily12

Reaction score
I was looking up info on Limewire. I was looking for something about how to make limewire stop freezing after I download 10 songs. When I came across this. I think many of you already may know this. But after I saw it I unistalled it. You may not think much of it. Though in my opinion I think you should.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm.. Many people use limewire. Personally if you ask me I see nothing bad, sorry just my opinon...

locky458

They upload music without permision, which is © and thats why its illigal. I uninstalled it before.

I know many people use it including me until I made a topic about my iPod and a couple of people said limewire is illegal. I don't know it for sure but just to be safe now all my music comes off of CD's.

Hmm.. Many people use limewire. Personally if you ask me I see nothing bad, sorry just my opinon...
locky458
Lots of people do use it. The reason it's illegal is because you're downloading music without paying for it. It's basicly the same thing as copying movies from a video you bought at the store with the movie on it to another video casette, and then selling it.

Well if you buy the Cd then use limewire to download the song then it's okay. But really that makes no sense.

It's just like stealing music- it IS stealing music.

I personaly think it's wrong to download it freely with nothing going to the one who deserves the money for creating the song.

Also it says if you are using limewire your IP address will be logged and you can be tracked. Wow freaky! :p I don't really know if there are any free downloaders that are legal.

Well if it's illegal, it's illegal but who cares about money going to the person who created the music? What I mean is, we should get something free for once. Us as people have to pay for a lot of things, why add on to our bills. Some times things SHOULD be free, but I guess I do agree that something should go to the person who created the music.

I was using limewire for a while, I decided to stop using it as it only brings in viruses and plenty at that. It is the people who download and forget to click the 'stop sharing feature' who get caught. I heard it was ok to download once you are not sharing in return, a feature you have to turn off on limewire. I'm don't think they could track us using are IP addresses, they change all the time.

I suppose its like monkey see, monkey do.

people see other people using it and think its ok, im not saying its not ok though, its a cheap source of getting the latest music.

It is illegal though :huh:

Aimme

The annoy thing is that it some of the music leaves virus, and make your Mp3 player and iPod mess up. My brother had to buy 2 mp3's players.

Can I just make a note. Many people say that Limewire is illegal because it is downloading music, BUT like all people I know say...Limewire is legal because it is SHARING music. People upload their music and share it then people just downlaod which i consider is saving that music.

If I am wrong sorry I didn't look at the article yet.

I unistalled mine the other night.

1.It gave my friends computer a virus.

2.When I took my laptop to a friends, thats all she wanted to use was limewire.

Thanks for the info anyways!

Can I just make a note. Many people say that Limewire is illegal because it is downloading music, BUT like all people I know say...Limewire is legal because it is SHARING music. People upload their music and share it then people just downlaod which i consider is saving that music.
If I am wrong sorry I didn't look at the article yet.
Downloading and saving are the same thing.

Is it really because Downloading is downloading but saving is like...well I can't really explain it but its just like saving a pic that you find on GoogleImages.
I see what you mean. Limewire isn't stealing the music they are just sharing it with us. I don't know if that's true though. They siad in the article if you have a person come over and fix your computer and they see it they might give you a fine. But as I said MIGHT give you a fine. Though it does say the software is legal just not downloading music is legal. That's why the site isn't down.

Is it really because Downloading is downloading but saving is like...well I can't really explain it but its just like saving a pic that you find on GoogleImages.
I know what your trying to say, but saving music is illegal. So is downloading copy righted images, but they are not really going to do you for that. Downloading different programs is permittable as long as they are shareware, that is when it is permitted by the distributor. I hope this message came out ok, I'm on my PSP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back