Found my old bootleg tama and have some questions...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sad to announce that Sol, the bootleg tama, died this morning. :(

gbKvVU3m.jpg

As of recently, it had been sleeping and waking up in the middle of the afternoon, due to that internal clock. I had to keep it in another room overnight, since I couldn't mute it either. Due to that, every morning I had to heal it back up and hope it survived.

Today I only had time to rushedly pick it up, and forgot that I had it in my bag. I only noticed when it gave a final beep, showing that screen. None of the buttons or combinations seemed to do anything, so I assume you can only reset with the button.

I hope you enjoyed these little "reports" on how my bootleg tama looks and works! Even if I couldn't really get it to the elder stage... Also, I believe these specific type of bootlegs come from JiDan Electronics, which come with a JD logo on their packaging.

I'm not going to run it anymore, mostly because of the lack of functionalities, but I plan on getting my hands on some nice tamas very soon! ^_^

Hope you have a great weekend, and hopefully see you around!

Huh, so it uses the Japanese death sprite?
I'm not all that sure about the v1, but I know the later American connections show an angel like sprite instead of the tombstone and the ghost.

The Japanese death sprite in these smaller dimensions looks rather cute, as opposed to the normal dimensions where it looks expressionless or irritated. On a normal Tamagotchi, pressing A and C on the death screen will hatch a new egg, but from what you've said it obviously doesn't work. I remember that in the vintage models - which only went one generation - they would allow stats to be seen of the deceased tamagotchi, but I think in the connection models it would be recorded in the "History" section, accessible in the icon to the left of the attention icon that looks like a book. It would be interesting if your bootleg actually records previous tamagotchis, but it is probably unlikely.

Thanks for all the updates on your bootleg and I hope those tamas reach you soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back