Free hugs!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spiffy

Reaction score
Spain though now I am studying in England
What do you think of free hugs?

Today I decided I would try that out. I went with my friend E (girl) and M (boy) and I decided that was a good idea, although they weren't so keen on it (especially not M).

Anyway, we bought some sheets of paper and a permanent pen, and on the cardboard that keeps the sheets straight I wrote "ABRAZOS GRATIS and in tiny FREE HUGS!"

Then we went in front of fnac (a shop that is basically on one of those streets full of people, though today it was empty-ish).

At first M thought it was ridiculous and stayed well away, and E stood beside me reluctantly. I held the piece of card, and held it above my head. I was quite a long while feeling a bit stupid till finally a woman came up and gave me a hug. Then I hugged three people working in fnac and then the fun began.

The more hugs you receive, the further up you feel like holding your "Free Hugs" sign. There would be time when people just looked at the sign, chuckled and maybe hugged each other, but wouldn't dare hug us. Then someone might give us a hug and all of a sudden 3 or 4 more people would come.

Some people actually picked me up and whirled me around, and a woman with a crying baby wanted me to hug her baby and it calmed down. ^^

We were there for over three hours, but it was great. In the end M and E felt sorry they hadn't made some cards themselves. We even made a new friend which turned out to be a neighbour of M's, but was really nice and talked to us quite a lot, as well as being quite a lot of fun (who knows... :D ).

Anyway, eventually we went home, getting a few more hugs down the street or in some bars and we proudly reached the number of 170 hugs! :furawatchi:

That is so cool.

On my last day of school in 5th grade, we had a hug day at school. It was awesome. I glomped like six people. =D

I wanna do that now.

It sounds fun... I have never hugged strangers. Just some weird people in my class. When me and my friend would go up to random people in the halls and hug them, Colton would call it "NSR." LOL!!

[SIZE=7pt]That sounds awesome. I would have totally totally huggged you.[/SIZE]

-hugs-

That's really cool though I wouldn't dare to it here. There are too many freaks. D:

That sounds cool! I should try that outside of Hot Topic or f.y.e. at the mall. Lots of people look like they need hugs at those places.

~

Wish I was there spiffy! I totaly would've hugged you! x3

That sounds awesome. :)

I want to do that someday. Always have.

I have a "Honk if you love hugs" sign lying around somewhere, but I've always wanted to do free hugs.

I wanna do that downtown with delizzle or Julia......

maybe even Samantha

*shifty eyes*

you heard nothing

The teachers do that at my school. 0.0

No one hugs them

That's such a good idea, I would totally do it if I could!

What do you think of free hugs?
Today I decided I would try that out. I went with my friend E (girl) and M (boy) and I decided that was a good idea, although they weren't so keen on it (especially not M).

Anyway, we bought some sheets of paper and a permanent pen, and on the cardboard that keeps the sheets straight I wrote "ABRAZOS GRATIS and in tiny FREE HUGS!"

Then we went in front of fnac (a shop that is basically on one of those streets full of people, though today it was empty-ish).

At first M thought it was ridiculous and stayed well away, and E stood beside me reluctantly. I held the piece of card, and held it above my head. I was quite a long while feeling a bit stupid till finally a woman came up and gave me a hug. Then I hugged three people working in fnac and then the fun began.

The more hugs you receive, the further up you feel like holding your "Free Hugs" sign. There would be time when people just looked at the sign, chuckled and maybe hugged each other, but wouldn't dare hug us. Then someone might give us a hug and all of a sudden 3 or 4 more people would come.

Some people actually picked me up and whirled me around, and a woman with a crying baby wanted me to hug her baby and it calmed down. ^^

We were there for over three hours, but it was great. In the end M and E felt sorry they hadn't made some cards themselves. We even made a new friend which turned out to be a neighbour of M's, but was really nice and talked to us quite a lot, as well as being quite a lot of fun (who knows... :mellow: ).

Anyway, eventually we went home, getting a few more hugs down the street or in some bars and we proudly reached the number of 170 hugs! :mellow:
That is really awesome. :nyatchi:

Good to hear it went well. 170 hugs is a lot. :angry:

On my street and down the street across from us, there are a lot of creeps, so I wouldn't wanna do it anywhere.

I love that idea, a guy from youtube whataboutadam gave free hugs and it was a success like yours maybe you should cehck him out or something. Lots of people were willing but a few thought he was strange and was like I don't want to hug YOU.

I'm gonna do that in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back