Freindship Problem

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blue Skies*~

Reaction score
ok, there is this girl Kristin in my grade who thinks I'm her friend. I hate her. She a spoiled brat. Shes a crybaby and she acts like shes 5. I can't just tell her I hate her, but I can't take another minuate of being her friend. Whenever I disagree with her, she accuses me of being mean. Any advice? Anyone?

Ah. I've been in this kind of situation before. They get awefully sticky, don't they? :|

The best thing you can do is explain to Kristin, calmly that you don't think your friendship is working out. Explain that you think it is best if you branch out, and that she does the same thing.

Don't make her think you hate her - that's just asking for a meltdown.

But a meltdown may not be avoidable in this situation - because I've been there.

If she gets upset after you calmly explain to her that you want move on, than there is nothing you can do, but move on and know she will get over it.

I guess it depends on what sort of person you yourself think you are :furawatchi:

Do you think you are mean or spiteful?

Do you think you are usually a pretty nice kind of person and easy to get along with?

If it is not the first option and more like the second option, then why on earth would you want to tell someone that you don't want to be their friend anymore...? :eek:

That's so hurtful - even if it is true :(

My advice would be NOT to bring the whole matter to a head and tell her anything. Let her work it out for herself - over the next week or so.

Don't ignore her, but try to spend more time with your other friends.

Mix with them at recess or lunch. Invite them over after school to do homework, etc. and gradually find excuses not to hang out with her.

If she doesn't have any fun with you she will probably go and find others who she can chat with and leave you alone.

just tell her slowly. don't just ignore her and pretend like she doesn't exist. i was like kristin. my friend just ignored me after i started hanging out with a different person. thenshe made fun of me and everything else. i got rumors started about me. it was torture. i don't want another peron to have to go through what i went through. don't hurt her.

I guess it depends on what sort of person you yourself think you are ;)
Do you think you are mean or spiteful?

Do you think you are usually a pretty nice kind of person and easy to get along with?

If it is not the first option and more like the second option, then why on earth would you want to tell someone that you don't want to be their friend anymore...? :D

That's so hurtful - even if it is true :(

My advice would be NOT to bring the whole matter to a head and tell her anything. Let her work it out for herself - over the next week or so.

Don't ignore her, but try to spend more time with your other friends.

Mix with them at recess or lunch. Invite them over after school to do homework, etc. and gradually find excuses not to hang out with her.

If she doesn't have any fun with you she will probably go and find others who she can chat with and leave you alone.
I was thinking about what you said TamaMum, and I think you are right. I can't just tell her I don't want to be her friend anymore. I have to do it slowly. The problem is, I've been doing that for months, and she doesn't seem to be taking the hint. Oh well, I guess I'll just have to keep trying.

DO NOT, I repeat, DO NOT just start ignoring her. She'll bug you even more with:

"HEY, why aren't you talking to me?"

"I thought we were best friends!"

and so on...

Just treat her like you would treat someone else

PS: hope that helped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back