Friend or Foe?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

x.super.m o r m o n

Reaction score
Okay, there is a girl, let's call her Makayla, who is my "friend.

Here are two reasons I DON'T want to be her friend.

1- She is extremly rude and annoying. Last year, we constantly fought, and viciously, too.

2- She is uncool and everybody hates her. I don't want to be uncool or hated, either!

Okay, yeah, I admit, the second one is kind of wrong and mean, but it's the truth.

Two reasons I want to be her friend:

1- She can always make me laugh

2- We've been friends since we were two. And she has always acted the same. : /

Whenever she sits by me at lunch, I unnoticably and slowly scoot away from her, so nobody will see I'm sitting by her. Then I slightly ignore her and look forward. I always feel so guilty when I do this. But then again, she is a major jerk.

What should I do?! Be her friend or no?

I'd say, give her one or two more chances. If she keeps 'fighting' with you, just break the friendship. Maybe that's why she's so-called 'unpopular'. No one wants a complete jerk as a friend. See how she acts, how she treats you. If it's only on occasion that she's actually nice to you, then she might even take you for granted, as you've been friends for this long. Have a think about it. By the sounds of it, you can make friends which don't always start fights or arguments with you, that can make you laugh without being rude at the same time, and someone who's a bit higher up the social scale. Have a good think about it, confront her if anything, and go with what your heart tells you to.

All the best,

:)

I guess if you guys keep fighting and she keeps annoying you and being rude and stuff, talk to her about it :) Maybe she doesn't realise she's being rude or annoying.

:)

Otherwise, do what Ksenia said :( Haha.

Its sounds to me like you really don't want to be her friend. If you don't, let her down easy. Hang out with her less and less. Otherwise, do what the others said.

If you guys fight and clearly don't really like each other, don't be friends.

I would strongly advise that you try to get away from the, "what will people think of me" mentality when it comes to friendships though.

If other people think badly of you because you're friendly with someone they don't like, they're not worth the time of day. Those people will get nowhere in life and chances are people are only "friends" with them so they don't talk bad about them. Nobody genuinely likes those kinds of people.

I've been in the situation you're in. I was friends with a girl for 16 years. She and her mom have always acted holier than thou ever since I can remember. I just put up with it because that's what I thought you were supposed t do. As much fun as we had together, eventually I couldn't stand her attitude and the stress that came with dealing with it. It wasn't worth it. I'm so less stressed and agitated now that we're not talking.

Bottom line, if you don't like her for genuine reasons(she's rude, disrespectful, etc), then don't talk to her anymore.

If you don't like her for shallow reasons(other people don't like her, they wont like you for being friends with her, etc) suck it up and stop worrying about what other people think.

MY COMMENT SEEMS A LITTLE HARSH:

You to need to hang off her, she seems like a clutch to you. She's really not worth it, if she's that much of a crappy friend. It kinda reminds of you that really popular friendless girl at school who no one likes but find her so cool for some reason..

I highly guarantee you the friendship isn't going to last.. she seems like the type to be your friend for a few months of a few years, and the moves on. Be patient with her, but be willing to own her anytime.. x.x

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back