Friend problems. D:

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo1

Reaction score
Hey everyone~

Alright, so for a while now I've been having some problems with my best friend. And by best friend I mean the girl I have been hanging around with, having sleepovers with, and going everywhere together since we were about four.

We haven't gotten in an argument or anything before, but lately she's been getting really annoying. And I mean really annoying.

And before people get mad at me, I love anime. I do! But not enough to be obsessed. I talk about it with people who like the same things as me, but I don't ramble on about it with people I don't even know.

So the thing is, she loves anime. And I don't mean just loves, she's completely obsessed with it. It's nice to talk about it with her sometimes, but this has seriously gone too far. My other friends and I can't even have a normal conversation with her anymore.

On facebook, I tried to change the subject by asking her a question, and she replies with about a paragraph about Hetalia which I've never seen before, and she continues on talking about people I've never even heard of.

All she talks about at school is anime. And Hetalia. Anime. Hetalia. I'll ask her a question, she responds with a quote from Hetalia thinking she's hilarious. I try to ask her how her weekend was, she responds with her sister and her watched Hetalia, then continue to talk about it.

And I know people are going to say to just let her be happy with what she likes, and I have been doing this for about a year now, and now its really getting out of hand. I'm afraid our friendship is going to be over since we pretty much have nothing in common anymore since all she likes is anime, but it's really hard because when shes not obsessing over how sexy she thinks her characters in the show are, shes actually a really hilarious person and a great friend.

I don't know what to do anymore, help me? ._.

You need to let her know that she talks about anime too much and it's affecting your friendship with her. It would be best if you told her this over Facebook because you don't actually have to be face to face with her. Also, be really nice when you say this and avoid argueing. Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I'm going to talk to her about it soon, but I'm just worried about her taking it the wrong way and thinking that I don't care about what she likes. Today at school she wasn't too bad and I kept joking around with her saying to stop, because sometimes my friends and I would be talking about something and she'd just interrupt with something anime, so we'd all just look at her and say, "What does that have to do with what we're talking about?"

Anyway, thanks for the help. xP

Hmm... i like to help with problems and I'm usually good at it because i deal with a lot of personnel problems and get my experience that way, but i have never dealt with this kind of problem before and feel bad because i can't help.

Sorry my friend, but this is out of my experience range... but i do have one lonely suggestion.

if you have to, ask a guidance counselor at school to help with this. they are really helpful with this kinda stuff.

Haha that's okay! Thanks for replying though. xP

It hasn't been too too bad lately, but if she starts obsessing over it even worse then I think I'm just going to have to come out and tell her that I don't really care about Hetalia.

But the main thing that really bothers me is because of her obsessing, it kind of ruined anime for me because now when I think of Hetalia I think of how annoying she is. So yeah, one day I think I'll just tell her. x.x;

hmmm. it seems that you two need to talk this over, not just two words and done, but really talk this through.

i don't really have any friends like this but if you talk this over she may realize the error in her ways and accept this.

Thanks Nazo!

Turns out today when we were just having a normal conversation when something came up about anime, and she said she didn't want to talk about it since she knows we'll be annoyed with her.

Seems like she got the idea without anyone having to say anything!

Thanks for all the help everyone, this problem is pretty much solved. xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back