Furby 2012!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the babies may be coming this fall. There's supposed to be some new announcements then. I also found this.

FURBY

A global phenomenon following its 1998 debut and one of Holiday 2012's hottest toys, the FURBY is an evolved, interactive friend with 'A MIND OF ITS OWN' and advanced technology that gives each FURBY an unpredictable nature that will continue to delight and surprise children and fans of all ages. Last year, almost 15 years after its debut, the iconic FURBY creature returned and inspired a highly creative and innovative global licensing program that continues to grow. FURBY fans can find fun and inventive merchandise from apparel to home decor, party goods, food and beverage and sporting goods at hypermarket and specialty stores as well as wholesalers throughout the United States and Europe. The FURBY licensing program will launch in Asia and Latin America later this year

Furby is going to be one of the things Hasbro is focusing on during some big licensing show. This is just for additional merchandise though. I doubt we'll see anything regarding the actual new creatures before fall.

@_@ is my town not in absolute love with Furby? This is maddness. I know our Walmart had a crapload of Party Rockers a week or two later after they came out. Most of those are gone. We did have a brief time they were hard to find. Alas, that was Christmas...
I know a lot of people who live by you and they all dislike Furby and think they're creepy, so i'm not surprised they're still in stock at the stores up there. XD Actually all my friends don't like them, even the local ones.... o.o

Well, if they see the personality change... I can see why. Its like the "Mars Attacks" Martians verse original (eyes), then adding in some creepiness when they change. Most kids probably saw that as creepy during Christmas... Hence the ebay drop for spring cleaning or whatever they wish to call it.

Nah even the originals. I have some friends over and they get weirded out that I have them all lined nicely on my shelf right over the TV. They ask me how i can even sleep at night, lol.

I think anyone who's afraid of Furbys must have lived a sheltered life. I'd hate to see what they'd do if they saw a horror movie. But I'll bet they'd be fun to mess with.

"I sleep quite easily thank you very much, because my Furbys see me as kin. But by asking that question you have just identified yourself to them as an enemy so I'd sleep with one eye open from now on if I were you. They're coming to get you Barbara"

I think anybody who might be afraid of them never had access to play with one... They were very popular and they became way crazy to obtain.

Haha you guys are funny. XD A lot of them don't like horror movies, yes, but a few do. So I'm not sure. I love horror movies/games. Odd to me, yeah.

Maybe I want a Furby Party Rocker. I might get Loveby, but I'll change her name to Ly. LOL, Rayman and Ly, the talkative Furby team. They fight off nightmares and talk! But, if I get Loveby (Ly), will Rayman like what she says? Since Rayman's in his Devil stage, I think he might say "Boring!" or something to end the sentence that she said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd guess Scoffby would be better for fighting off nightmares. He looks like a fighter. Loveby's too sweet natured to be aggressive.

If I get Scoffby, then I might have to name him Dark Rayman, then. Rayman and Dark Rayman - The Neutral Team, I guess? They might both get into arguments, so that's a rivalry between two Furbys. But Rayman might take credit for getting all of the Electoons (pink Furby Babies) and defeating Big Mama (White 2012 Furby). And Ly (Loveby) will be the damsel in distress. Then Murfy (Yellow-and-green Shelby) will come to help. And also going to the Land of the Livid Dead with all of those elderly people (Broken Furbys) to defeat. So Dark Rayman (Scoffby) will go see his father, Mr. Dark (Black 2012 Furby) and tell how he didn't get any credit for helping out.

Wow...that's a lot of Furbys!

Furby Boom has been revealed. It's kind of underwhelming if you don't have a tablet. Essentially you can have your Furby lay an egg onto the tablet and raise a Furbling on the tablet. So basically Furby is ripping off the Tamagotchi concept. If you don't have access to a Tablet it's pretty much more of the same but with better eye animation and funkier fur colors. Price will be $65. Sorry Hasbro, I don't have a tablet and am not willing to spend extra for features I can't even use. I was on the fence as to whether I was going to continue collecting Furbys, but you have just pushed into the "Don't give a crap anymore" Side of the fence. Looks like Ebay and Amazon Tamagotchi sellers will be getting my money from now on.

So... Furby Boom will be a tama-like App. Humm. I like tho have a Furby pet, cool. But I can't carry my tablet everywhere... My poor Tama version dies because of this.

I am not sure about having another Furby running around right now. Maybe later I will get one, but not right away unless my mom buys another one. I doubt it since I have had the other two hanging out with my other furby.

I'm done with Furby. I gave my Furbys to a friend who runs a secondhand shop. All my virtual pet money will go to Tamagotchi from now on. I've made my feelings on Tamagotchi L.I.F.E. well known but I have much more respect for it than I do Furby Boom. At least L.I.F.E. isn't ripping off someone else's idea. Hasbro should just stick to the robot pets. They'll never beat Bandai on the virtual pet front.

I'm on the fence about Furby Boom. I have an ipod touch, so it's not too bad right now, but to shell out another 60 bucks.... I dunno. I was displeased with the party rockers and never got one. Also the app just updated--probably getting ready for the release.

The Party Rockers weren't that great. Glorified noisemakets really. Hasbro charged way too much considering what they were and what little they did.

I am surprised you gave up all your furby robodog.

Given, I only played with my PartyRocker Loveby a few times. She was too loud and freaked out my cat. Now, she is a fluffy stuffed animal thing sitting/guarding my digivice area so my cat doesn't touch them. (that stopped it)

I like to see what they do with the Furby. The FunkyFurby changed my veiw a bit on the 2012-2013 furby. These seem to get snarky really easy, and for kids, not a high point to learn from. The others, the older ones seem much more relaxed and interactive to me personally. (and the Funky has an off switch for saninity reasons) I still love my 2012-2013 Furby, but my Funky is much more likable even as basic as it seems.

I'm surprised I did too but I don't really regret the decision. I'd rather concentrate on building my Tamagotchi collection. I've really come to like Tamagotchi a lot better than Furby. I'm curious as to what Hasbro has in store for Furby Boom but I'll only be watching from the sidelines. I'm not really interested in buying Furbys any more.

I think I have Furbies more for the nostalgia and some of the cuteness factors (baby gryphons anyone?) but I, like you, prefer Tamagotchis.

Come to think of it they do kind of look like baby gryphons. That's pretty cool. Gryphons don't get enough love. It's always dragon this and elf that and the poor gryphons get left out in the cold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back