Getting a boyfriend or girlfriend

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in 6th grade and I'll be 12 in July. I have a huge crush. Am I to young to have a BF?Also, what do you think the minimum age level for having a BF or GF should be? :angry: Thanks so much to everyone who replies to this topic! :angry: I love to hear everyone's awesome opinion.
date whenever u feel like it but at that age the BOY might not be ready so he might say no be prepared

Any time your ready. It's your choice. I'm just a little under your age, and I've been dating an idiot wonderful guy for the past year. They're insane, but loveable.

Um, personally I think you should be at least 14+ to have a relationship, but that's just me, what I would do k? But really, most people that I PERSONALLY KNOW don't know anything about true love and relationships, they just like looking like posers thinking that just simply stating 'I'm going out with this guy lulz" is real love. But if you're really ready and mature enough to know what what is, go for it. :]

I think you should atleast be 13 and older until you can date or atleast close to that age. And I meen like 12 turning 13 in 2 months or something. But sometimes kids in my school are like 10 and they have boyfriends it is not like they are saying they are in love or they are going on dates or anything like a real relationship. I dont know it confuses me.

Last edited by a moderator:
you guys are all talking about love and stuff. Dating is all about puppy love, and learning about yourself, what traits you like in people, learning what is good and bad, to prepare you for when you actually want to get married.Thats why it always takes a long time for people to say i love you to one another!

I'm in 6th grade and I'll be 12 in July. I have a huge crush. Am I to young to have a BF?Also, what do you think the minimum age level for having a BF or GF should be? :angry: Thanks so much to everyone who replies to this topic! :mametchi: I love to hear everyone's awesome opinion.
I'm not sure, but I got my first boyfriend when I was 13.

In my opinion, when you feel you're ready for a boyfriend and he thinks he's ready to have a girlfriend, then yes. Go for it.

Im eleven almost twelve and I have a girlriend. (I posted a topic just like this)

But we don't take it very seriously, we go out to movies every now and then, nice few hugs. The occasional kiss (Only a peck). (Only on special ocassions though, christmas, valentines ex.)

But if your parents are ok with it and your ready Go For It!

(Ps, if there are'nt others in your class dating I suggest to keep a secret)

Best of luck!

~Fishfreak

I think you are probably old and mature enough to have a boyfriend. What I hate is when the "popular crowd" go out with each other when they don't like each other at all. A few weeks ago, I saw two pairs of girls and guys in grade 7 over at the primary school with their arms around each other's shoulders in a really...well..not casual and but robotic way. I just went "PFFFFFTT." I couldn't help it. They looked ridiculous and stupid. None of them looked as if they liked each other. =P I'm 14 but I haven't had a boyfriend yet and I will have a boyfriend when I'm ready for all that relationship stuff. I wouldn't say "Yes" to a guy if they asked me out unless I really, truly liked them cos I think it's stupid to get their hopes up and just dump them a few days later.

Last edited by a moderator:
well....i am 12 too but i dont really want to date so early like all the other kids at my middle school. i just dont care about and i think 12 is a little too young if you want to date in school. I mean like...maybe 8th or high school is alot better for that kind of stuff. I dont have a boyfriend but i have been asked out....i said no to all of them lol, but i did like someone in first grade lol i forogt his name now...hmm i will let you know if i remember later...LOL :D anyways enjoy being a kid :eek:

~Mamitchi465~

Yeah. It really depends if you are mature.

I only know one thing, and I'm sorry if this offends people, but I HATE this dating topics. :ph34r:

I think in middle school alot of people start dating. Im 13 and going into 8th grade. If yu want to have a relationship yu should definently ask a parent. Then again...my info may not be as helpful cuase i have never had a boyfriend.

I'm 11, will be 12 in November, and I have absolutely no desire for a boyfriend. I haven't had a real crush in....gosh, three years? Most people say as you enter puberty you'll get more crushes, but I had a way bigger crush in first grade than any I've had recently! xP I suppose I'll start feeling those emotions soon, but at the moment, a boyfriend seems like such a huge commitment, and a little scary, actually. So, I think if there's a guy you really like (and have liked for some time), and you're sure you like him for more than just his looks, than individual maturity is more important than age. If you feel like you're ready, talk to your parents about it, too. My mom said I could have a relationship whenever I feel ready, but some parents have an age limit, so talk to them about that and make sure they're OK with it. Good luck!

After you get out of school. I've learned from experience that boyfriends distract you from your schoolwork. So while you're in school, focus on your work. You'll have plenty of time to get a date after you've graduated high school.

I think you should start dating when you find that someone that makes you crazy in love x3

I honestly dont think you should have a boyfriend/girlfriend till your old enough to drive and actually GO on a real date, people in my school just call each other boyfriends and girlfriend mostly for the label like they dont go on dates but are just considered "going out"

Um, what's the point of "dating" somone if you can't even drive? Do your parents drive you there, do you go out with abunch of friends? If your 12 and wanted to go out alone, wouldn't your parents have to go with you?

Not worth it..

Um, what's the point of "dating" somone if you can't even drive? Do your parents drive you there, do you go out with abunch of friends? If your 12 and wanted to go out alone, wouldn't your parents have to go with you?Not worth it..
you are exactly right thats what i mean! you cant technically date unless you drive to a date

I'm twelve too, though in seventh grade (in a few weeks) and I have been wondering the same thing. Am I too young to date? Should I wait 5 months until I'm thirteen?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back