Getting a boyfriend or girlfriend

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm twelve too, though in seventh grade (in a few weeks) and I have been wondering the same thing. Am I too young to date? Should I wait 5 months until I'm thirteen?
It's when you are mature enough to handle dating. Everyone starts at a different time. It all depends on how your body matures.

Man, I hate these Boyfriend/Girlfriend topics. :eek:

Did I already post here? (lol I always ask that ^^)

Anyway, I think it is all based on maturity (and if your parents let you, too!). But obviously, if you are some extremely mature 5-year-old, that wouldn't make sense. :eek:

I think you should just start experimenting now.. Just nothing more then a peck or a hug!

I hate to ask questions in somebody else's topic but I dont want to make a copy..

I'm 10 and I have a girlfriend.. Is that normal?

I think you should just start experimenting now.. Just nothing more then a peck or a hug!
I hate to ask questions in somebody else's topic but I dont want to make a copy..

I guess...as long as you are taking it easy... :D

Of course it's normal! Just make sure you don't go overboard. :( Like for example, making out or grabbing eachother. Make sure to take it nice and slow.

I honestly dont think you should have a boyfriend/girlfriend till your old enough to drive and actually GO on a real date, people in my school just call each other boyfriends and girlfriend mostly for the label like they dont go on dates but are just considered "going out"
That's like kinda what I think.

6-7 grade 'dating' is not that real.

I mean, you can saying you have a bf, but it doesn't mean a whole lot when all you do is go to movies with friends and talk on the phone.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, because I have a 'bf' but, it's not like real dating, I mean all we do is talk on the phone and once in a while go to a movie with other friends.

I'm just trying to say, there's nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't mean a whole lot when you are that young.

That's like kinda what I think.6-7 grade 'dating' is not that real.

I mean, you can saying you have a bf, but it doesn't mean a whole lot when all you do is go to movies with friends and talk on the phone.

I'm not trying to offend anyone, because I have a 'bf' but, it's not like real dating, I mean all we do is talk on the phone and once in a while go to a movie with other friends.

I'm just trying to say, there's nothing wrong with it, it just doesn't mean a whole lot when you are that young.
Umm.... do what I did? Have your parents or their parents drive you to the movies ALONE and maybe a restaraunt or whereever you want to go? Thats what I did and those were actually dates. Neither mine nor his parents stayed with us. They went home.

I honestly think the lowest age should be 14. One of my friends, she's 11, and she tells random guys she loves them and that they should go out.5 guys at a time. She has 5 'boyfriends' and none of them she really likes.she just asks them to go out with her because she thinks they're cute.

Enough being rude about my friend. She's nice, so I'll just shut up about her.

But anyways, you should date when you actually like the person, not just their looks, your parents approve, and you're not doing anything gross.

Maybe I just think this way because I'm kinda ugly, homeschooled, and only one kid I know has a crush on me, and he's a jerk. -shrugeths-

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it depends on maturity. Get your parent's OK, and then just don't do anything gross or wrong. It's good to "experiment" and stuff like that. I don't think love has an age limit. <_<

i dont think it matters when u get yer first boy friend. i got mine when i was in 2nd grade. of course we never went out.

I know this king of off topic but ... okay so i'm 14 and i've got a crush on my friend whoz 12. ( when i first met him he told me he ws 13) wat should i do??

I know this king of off topic but ... okay so i'm 14 and i've got a crush on my friend whoz 12. ( when i first met him he told me he ws 13) wat should i do??
If you really like him, confess!!!

If you're too shy, give tiny little clues and see if he likes you back.

And the age doesn't matter.

If ppl pick on you, it's their problem!

It's not a matter of age, but a matter of maturity.
Very true. My best friend's boyfriend was being a total jerk last night and even though he's 16 he's way too immature. I hurt for her because she couldn't see that and it's frustrating that she takes stuff like this. :furawatchi:

Last edited by a moderator:
Very true. My best friend's boyfriend was being a total jerk last night and even though he's 16 he's way to immature. I hurt for her because she couldn't see that and it's frustrating that she takes stuff like this. :(
[SIZE=13pt]xD...In my opinion, guys don't get mature until there like 17 or 18. :eek: ...(Depending on the guy)[/SIZE]

But I'm just basing that on my own opinion from what I've seen. xD♥

Anyway...I don't think you can really put an age on love.

It just doesn't make much sense.

It's not like once you turn 16 you automatically know everything about love, and are absolutely ready for a serious relationship. :eek:

I find that people should discover what love really is for themselves. As they grow older.

Not all at once, on the spot. :eek:

Well if you mean just bf and gf and no kissing then you can be 12 and have a bf

but my DAD sayS NO KISSING BOYS UNTIL YOU ARE 30!

OVER protective but ok

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back