Ghosts

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LostprophetsFan<33

Reaction score
Both skeptics and ardent believers in the paranormal admit that supernatural and unexplainable activity—sightings of ghosts, spirits, and/or aliens—is on the rise. If there is no supernatural, what are these apparitions?

Millions of eager viewers are gobbling up popular movies such as Ghost , Casper the Friendly Ghost, Beetlejuice, Ghost Rider, and Ghost Busters. Video fantasy and arcade games featuring ghosts, skeletons, and mummies and beings alive after death are the rage. TV shows such as “The Night Stalker,” “Supernatural,” “The Ghost Whisperer” are skyrocketing. Why do we have such a fascination with death and ghosts, while so many argue that ghosts are merely superstition?

The most logical place to go to get the facts about supernatural things is the Bible, the one authority about things that cannot be seen or explained by natural earthly laws. And indeed, the Bible does indicate that paranormal activity and interest in the spirit world would increase at the very end of time. Even more alarmingly, the Bible warns that these spirits will lure multitudes into worldwide deception .

"And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon, and out of the mouth of the beast, and out of the mouth of the false prophet. For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles , which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world, to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty." Revelation 16:13-14

With this in mind, how vital it is that we understand what the Bible says about ghosts, spirits, and the afterlife!

Not all Sleight of Hand

People are often fearful of “haunted” buildings, believing that the spirits of the dead are active there. A quick perusal of the Internet will expose many web sites dedicated to ghost photos, videos, and stories. Of course, many of these are ridiculous hoaxes. However, some are more credible and cannot be easily explained away. The question is, what are they?

The Bible teaches that the dead do not come back to haunt houses because they are resting in grave awaiting either of the two resurrections.

Jesus said: " Marvel not at this: for the hour is coming, in the which all that are in the graves shall hear his voice, And shall come forth ; they that have done good, unto the resurrection of life; and they that have done evil, unto the resurrection of damnation ." John 5:28-29

"As the cloud is consumed and vanisheth away: so he that goeth down to the grave shall come up no more. He shall return no more to his house , neither shall his place know him any more ." Job 7:9-10

"While I live will I praise the LORD: I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being. Put not your trust in princes, nor in the son of man, in whom there is no help. His breath goeth forth, he returneth to his earth; in that very day his thoughts perish. " Psalm 146:2-3

"For the living know that they shall die: but the dead know not any thing , neither have they any more a reward; for the memory of them is forgotten. Also their love, and their hatred, and their envy, is now perished; neither have they any more a portion for ever in any thing that is done under the sun ." Ecclesiastes 9:5-6

Who is responsible for the strange phenomena that provoke fear in so many hearts? It is Satan, the Devil, who wants the world to believe that the dead are not really dead.

"Now the serpent was more subtle than any beast of the field which the LORD God had made. And he said unto the woman, Yea, hath God said, Ye shall not eat of every tree of the garden?

And the woman said unto the serpent, We may eat of the fruit of the trees of the garden: But of the fruit of the tree which is in the midst of the garden, God hath said, Ye shall not eat of it, neither shall ye touch it, lest ye die.

And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die : For God doth know that in the day ye eat thereof, then your eyes shall be opened, and ye shall be as gods, knowing good and evil. " Genesis 3:1-5

Skeptics are in Grave Danger

Many people rationalize that supernatural spiritual manifestations are all merely fraudulent hoaxes. But these people are in great danger of being deceived when they are exposed to a supernatural happening that cannot be explained. While it is true that trickery has often been palmed off as genuine manifestations, there has also been marked exhibitions of supernatural power.

The mysterious rappings with which modern spiritualism began, late in the 19th century, was not the result of human trickery or cunning, but was the direct work of evil angels, who thus introduced one of the most successful of soul-destroying delusions.

Many will be ensnared through the belief that spiritualism is a merely human imposture; when brought face to face with manifestations which they cannot but regard as supernatural, they will be deceived, and will be led to accept them as the great power of God.

For clearance I don't believe in God but still believe in the above

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back