Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well, ummm... gee... I haven't had my period yet, but I have a feeling it's coming. for the girls that have had they're periods will u please pm me and tell me what it's like? :huh:

Last edited by a moderator:
Um you can talk about it here!

Ur period is normal, It may feel weird but thats why you wear a pad, or tampon (depends on which one your mom wants you to wear) its normal just feels weird

I'm scared of tampons :( I use pads. I don't have my period but my mum wants me to get used to pads.. And when I do get my period I won't get my underwear bloody :mellow: I think I'll get my period when I'm 14, that's fine with me, I hate tampons :) And that's in a long time..

PATCH

•Happy Birthday TamaTalk! Love, PATCH•

Have you had yur period yet? I haven't.... is it scary? Does it hurt? Please post if you have or haven't had your period!

*Note from Bell Sprout:

This topic has been thoroughly review by the Guides. We have deemed this appropriate to remain open. Please see my post in regards to this topic: https://www.tamatalk.com/IB/index.php?showt...ndpost&p=580937

Any further complaints about this topic WILL be removed. If you feel it is too personal, you are under no obligation to respond. This topic is an educational tool which many members have contributed towards and benefited from*
No!! I'm really scared. Bellsprout said the first one between 8 and 18 years of age... I'm only 10!! *freaks out* Oh...

And I'm completely scared, like FireTiger. I'm also scared of the dentist, eyedrops and omg so little things. I have technical problems with life...

I am really hoping I DO NOT, and I repeat DO NOT have a period

Okay, that's it, I'm getting off soon and having a talk with my mom about how it feels.

*faints after posts*

aww dont faint m&h lover....*thinks about all the scary things in life again*........ummm........*faints next to m&h lover*

""I'm only 10!! *freaks out* Oh... ""And I'm completely scared, like FireTiger.""

Only problem is, I'm older by a few years lol I guess I should be over eyedrops and dentists and stuff like that...but maybe I will never be...lol

two questions

1. if ur infertal*, can you still get your period?

2. this book (called Angus thongs and full frontal snogging/ its not about puberty just fiction (or non fiction? w.e means not real) it said fondling** makes your breasts grow.

* = non able to have babys

** = 'stroking'

I need to stretch my hymen alot latley- ALL THE TIME! What could this be? I hope Im on topic
Relaurax the hymen doesn't spring back once it has been stretched or torn. It happens one time and that is the end! Are you perhaps referring to vaginismus exercises to help relax the muscles around the vaginal opening?

By the way whats a depo shot? -shifty eyes- I tried looking it up on search engine but didnt really understand...something about birth control
Depo provera is an injection which acts like the pill except, instead of taking a tablet everyday, you get one injection every three months.

It is made up of progesterone (one of the two primary hormones produced by females - other being oestrogen) and hence is better for you (less risk of breast cancer and endometriosis etc). Having said that oesoprosis is one of the major risk factors for this contraceptive.

Basically, it suppresses ovulation so your eggs don't get release from the ovaries. Without an egg, you can't get pregnant. Because it is also a hormone the body doesn't produce more hormones so the uterus won't start lining itself with more blood therefore periods also stop.

Here are two site with some basic information on Depo-provera. They are a lot less technical than the majority of stuff you will find.

https://www.youngwomenshealth.org/femalehormone2.html

https://www.coolnurse.com/hormonal_inj.htm

BTW... if you have a phobia of needles... this probably isn't for you! :D

BTW... if you have a phobia of needles... this probably isn't for you! :D
Ya, that's what I've been thinking about. Does everyone need these..shots?

well, ummm... gee... I haven't had my period yet, but I have a feeling it's coming. for the girls that have had they're periods will u please pm me and tell me what it's like? :D
What's it like? Everyone experiences periods just a little bit differently. This is a long thread but if you have a read through you will find many have shared their experiences with first periods.

You can't actually feel the blood itself coming out but if you are a heavy bleeder you may feel a bit wet and uncomfortable. Some people experience bloating and cramps in the first few days each time they have a period and some get really moody in the week before! You will just have to see what it is like for you.

Have a chat to your Mum and/or sister(s) and see what it is/was like for them. That will give you a fairly good indicator as to what it might be like for you.

The important thing to know is that it is perfectly natural! Just about every woman gets periods or has had them. It is nothing to be afraid of and will become part of your natural routine in no time at all! :huh:

Here are some Q&As and a few experiences by other girls: https://www.beinggirl.com/en_US/pages/artic...ntentId=ART1016

Ya, that's what I've been thinking about. Does everyone need these..shots?
No, not at all. Depo-provera is used as a contraceptive but it also used for girls who have very, very heave periods with lots of severe cramping. It is not usually the first choice of medication either because it is not great to be used for the long term.

Contraception wise, usually the pill is fine and the majority of women either use the pill or condoms. Although there are other alternatives of contraceptives too.

A little more about the pill: https://www.teenpuberty.com/index.php?secti...emale&page=pill

and

https://www.coolnurse.com/pill.htm

two questions
1. if ur infertal*, can you still get your period?

2. this book (called Angus thongs and full frontal snogging/ its not about puberty just fiction (or non fiction? w.e means not real) it said fondling** makes your breasts grow.

* = non able to have babys

** = 'stroking'
1. Yes. Depends on the reason of the infertility though. There are some genetic disorders where the reproductive organs fail to develop properly which results in the person being unable to menstruate. These are very, very, very rare. Largely, infertility will be because of a problem with your eggs (they might not be released from the ovary or they might not be normal). That doesn't effect the way in which your hormones work. Your body will still line the uterus with blood regardless of whether there is an egg there to work or not.

2. Definately not true. That's like saying you will grow longer arms by pulling on them a lot. Doesn't work that way! :D

Ooh, ok, thanks. I want to stay away from shots (and pain) as much as possible.

Ooh, ok, thanks. I want to stay away from shots and pain as much as possible. By the way, do you know when my next shots will be..? For a 13/14 yr old
If you were to start on Depo-Provera, you would have your first injection just after your next period. For the pill it depends... some you take the first pill on the first day you start to bleed and others you start on the last day of bleeding, or the day after. It just depends on which one you are taking.

-post is being answered thru pm just ignore thanks-

1. Yes. Depends on the reason of the infertility though. There are some genetic disorders where the reproductive organs fail to develop properly which results in the person being unable to menstruate. These are very, very, very rare. Largely, infertility will be because of a problem with your eggs (they might not be released from the ovary or they might not be normal). That doesn't effect the way in which your hormones work. Your body will still line the uterus with blood regardless of whether there is an egg there to work or not.
2. Definately not true. That's like saying you will grow longer arms by pulling on them a lot. Doesn't work that way! :D
oh ok thats good.... lolz seemed a bit weird to that to work and thnx for the info on the very very very rare ocasion that you would never get your period... lolz

um thats all for now lolz

no wait

iv heard when u get your period, your breasts grow.... is that cuz your period or just the puberty part? (i no i ask alot about breast growth but thats what i heard... if i heard 'your head grows after your period' then id ask too lolz) so which one???? lolz i think it is just part of the puberty part

oh ok thats good.... lolz seemed a bit weird to that to work and thnx for the info on the very very very rare ocasion that you would never get your period... lolzum thats all for now lolz

no wait

iv heard when u get your period, your breasts grow.... is that cuz your period or just the puberty part? (i no i ask alot about breast growth but thats what i heard... if i heard 'your head grows after your period' then id ask too lolz) so which one???? lolz i think it is just part of the puberty part
Basically your periods will be there unless:

1) You are born with a rare genetic disease (comes with intellectual disability and physical disability) referred to as Turner Syndrome (isntead of having XX, born with XO)

2) You start on Depo-Provera or use the pill to skip a period or two

3) You fall pregnant

4) You get a hysterectomy (procedure to have your uterus removed).

5) You have a double oophorectomy (both ovaries removed - ovaries control hormones and without them will cause you to enter menopause).

6) You go through menopause! (Happens when you get 40+ years old).

Until you reach middle age or old age you are only likely to stop periods by either 2) or 3).

--------------------------

As FireTiger said, it is puberty related. Your breasts don't grow because of your period, your breasts grow and your period comes because of your hormones. :D

See here for more about the stages of puberty: https://www.coolnurse.com/puberty_stages.htm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back