Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
well we just had sex ed this year and my gosh it was hilarious! i know its not a laughing matter cuz its gonna happen to everyone sometime, but they way they explained everything was so funny! my friends and i were making jokes about it and stuff. the only thing is that the boys and girls had to watch both videos so the guys learned about us and we learned about them. i thought that was pretty stupid because afterwards some guys in my class came up to us and said 'are you bleeding?' and stuff like that. ;) i haven't had mine yet but theres alot of signs im gonna get it soon.... :wacko: im trying to read all the pages on the topic but thats gonna take me all night, but im still gonna read! its an interesting topic, especially when you havent got it yet. i asked my mom about this stuff but she says i dunno! it's so innoying because i have no sisters and my aunts and my grandma lives in edmonton so it sucks. (i havent seen them for who knows how long) :furawatchi: im glad this topic was brought here, it answered like all my questions! thanx! :wacko: but i have 1. i dont know if this was posted or not but does putting a tampon in hurt?

Last edited by a moderator:
I think I may get mine soon I am 12 and have had discharge for about 16 months. Does anyone else think so?

Yep, that means you are maturing. After I started getting those signs, my period came in about a year. You will have similar discharge for the rest of your life, in-between having your period. It's normal, and it keeps you healthy. If the discharge bothers you, or when you have a lot of it(there are times when you have more), you can buy a VERY thin kind of pad called a pantiliner. Those are made specifically for times when you are not having your period, but you want to feel fresh. Just look for any brand who makes pads, Playtex, Kotex, Always, Carefree, etc. Next to the boxes of pads, there will be little boxes of pantiliners. These generally say something along the lines of "Ideal for daily freshness" or "light absorbency" or something similar. These are what you need. My favorite kind is Carefree Perfect Fit, light protection. Any similar product will work, though.
thanx,I'll look for them

^^ No problem! ;)

tamtamkitty07: Tampons come with really good directions for use in the box when you buy them. The instructions even have pictures, so you really can't go wrong. If you use them correctly like the directions say, putting on in and wearing it doesn't hurt at all. The first time you use one, it may feel a little "different" when you are putting it in...but it should never hurt. Use a low -absorbency one, especially with a rounded-tip plastic applicator. They are the thinnest and most comfortable to put in. The only time I have ever had discomfort when I'm using a tampon was back when I was 12, and I put one in for the first time. It went in comfortably, but my friend started trying to scare me by telling me it would get "lost" in there(which can NEVER happen, it's not even remotely possible! ). I didn't know any better, so I tried taking it out right after I put it in...not a good thing to do. lol They are made to stay in for a few hours, so it's pretty uncomfortable if you try to pull it out too soon. It takes a bit of effort, and doesn't feel too good. :furawatchi: But, if you leave it in for the recommended amount of time(4-6 hours is fine), it won't hurt at all.

^^ This is all assuming you're actually on your period when you try using one. If you're not having your period...it's best not to experiment with a tampon. It's not necessarily bad for you...but it usually makes it much more uncomfortable to use if you're not having your period.

^^ No problem! ;)
tamtamkitty07: Tampons come with really good directions for use in the box when you buy them. The instructions even have pictures, so you really can't go wrong. If you use them correctly like the directions say, putting on in and wearing it doesn't hurt at all. The first time you use one, it may feel a little "different" when you are putting it in...but it should never hurt. Use a low -absorbency one, especially with a rounded-tip plastic applicator. They are the thinnest and most comfortable to put in. The only time I have ever had discomfort when I'm using a tampon was back when I was 12, and I put one in for the first time. It went in comfortably, but my friend started trying to scare me by telling me it would get "lost" in there(which can NEVER happen, it's not even remotely possible! ). I didn't know any better, so I tried taking it out right after I put it in...not a good thing to do. lol They are made to stay in for a few hours, so it's pretty uncomfortable if you try to pull it out too soon. It takes a bit of effort, and doesn't feel too good. :furawatchi: But, if you leave it in for the recommended amount of time(4-6 hours is fine), it won't hurt at all.

^^ This is all assuming you're actually on your period when you try using one. If you're not having your period...it's best not to experiment with a tampon. It's not necessarily bad for you...but it usually makes it much more uncomfortable to use if you're not having your period.

Thanks for the info! I was reading some of the posts and stuff and it sounded like it hurt and all. I don't have my period yet but i just wanted to know ahead of time. i think when it comes im gonna stick with pads for a while. :wacko:

^^It's a good idea to start with pads. It makes it easier to get comfortable with the whole concept of having a period. Good choice!

i just read a book called girlstuff cuz i bought it yesterday and it's really informative about girly stuff and it tells you about... you know what... starts with "s", ends with "x" but it said all the things that tell you if you're going to have you're period. i think i'm going to have mine soon.

Basically you just get cramps (aching in your lower abdomen)

And you're always mad at everything.

You'll cry over everything/anything.

You'll need a sign that says GET AWAY. lol jkjk.

Ummmmmmmm,I have a question what if u don't have anymore of that white stuff(like its gone)and u have gotten very few blood coming from u know where (like bearly any)and it has happend like one or two months ago and that happend again last week,is that having ur period or what? :wub:

And another one,How can I talk to my mom about these "changes" that I'm going through,cuz she has not talked to me about them and now I am in sixth grade. :wub:

Basically you just get cramps (aching in your lower abdomen)And you're always mad at everything.

You'll cry over everything/anything.

You'll need a sign that says GET AWAY. lol jkjk.
i didnt get cramps, but like a few days before i got it i was crying for no reason, i did it twice and before that i was getting mad at my mom when she was washing dishes, i dont know why, i was so angry at like everything.

Ummmmmmmm,I have a question what if u don't have anymore of that white stuff(like its gone)and u have gotten very few blood coming from u know where (like bearly any)and it has happend like one or two months ago and that happend again last week,is that having ur period or what? :wub:
And another one,How can I talk to my mom about these "changes" that I'm going through,cuz she has not talked to me about them and now I am in sixth grade. :wub:
Help! I need advice

it says something like "pubic hair usually begins to appear about a year or two before ur periods arrives" (i got some last year) "breast developement usually has occored, which means ur breasts r past the budding stage and are almost fully developed" (i dernno on that 1) "vaginal discharges usually begin two years to six months b4 ur first period" (started getting that last year) so, i think i might get it this year or the next. also somewhere in there it says most girls get horrible migrains before, and during their period i haven't gotten any yet so if its this year it'll prolly be at the end, is my guess IF i get it this year

it says something like "pubic hair usually begins to appear about a year or two before ur periods arrives" (i got some last year) "breast developement usually has occored, which means ur breasts r past the budding stage and are almost fully developed" (i dernno on that 1) "vaginal discharges usually begin two years to six months b4 ur first period" (started getting that last year) so, i think i might get it this year or the next. also somewhere in there it says most girls get horrible migrains before, and during their period i haven't gotten any yet so if its this year it'll prolly be at the end, is my guess IF i get it this year
all that has happend to me and recently the migrains

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back