Girls!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No one is answering me!!!! Please tell me is it natural to bleed on and off? please tell me. I need to know cozn if it isn't I'll have to tell my Mum ansd I really don't wan to
Just like Kalien said, irrelgular bleeding is normal for quite a few months after you start your periods... It can even get irregularity for a year or two. I've known people who've had their first period at 13 and at 15 had only had one or two periods each year. Lol, they are the lucky ones! :) They do straighten out in time. After a year or so though if you are having problems with the pattern you may wish to see a doctor. I.e. bleeding after two weeks, then four, then three, then two, then three so you are bleeding more often than not. The vasty majority do straight out on their own after a few months though.

Have a look at this page: https://kidshealth.org/teen/sexual_health/g...nstruation.html

It is called All About Menstruation though if you scroll down there is a section called How Often Does a Girl Get Her Period? Have a read of that. :wacko:

I'm wondering how much does it hurt to put a tampon in? and what is hymen?

The hymen is a piece of thin skin that partially covers the entry to the vagina. In most girls it is largely intact provided they have not used tampons are had sex. After these events the hymen gets stretched. This can be painful but it depends entirely on the person.

Click here to read more on the hymen: https://www.coolnurse.com/hymen.htm

This is what different hymens look like (it's a cartoon image): https://www.arthursclipart.com/medical/reprocol/hymen.gif

Most girls will have some kind of perforation (or hole) in the hymen so blood can escape when menstruation starts. Occasionally, a girl can find she doesn't have those holes and blood can't escape. A doctor will usually then surgically pierce the hymen.

I'm wondering how much does it hurt to put a tampon in? and what is hymen?
That depends on the person. It shouldn't really hurt that much at all... What generally hurts is tension of the muscles of the vaginal opening. When the tampon isn't going in because the hymen hasn't been stretched, many women tend to get tense and the vaginal muscles constricts causing pain. The key is to stay as relaxed as possible.

Have a read of https://www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.html A Guide to Using Your First Tampon. It is a good idea to know what you are about to do.. that will also help you to stay relaxed!

so, if u haven't used a tampon, it hurts to use it the first time? Little confused. I don't mean to be rude but can u explain it I donno, a little easier to understand 4 me? I'm kinda well, let's just say I can't understand ALL medical words and whatnot. lol

Only the cramps hurt.Don't be afraid it will be fine.It only lasts 3 or5 or 7 days.(Depending on the person.)Other then that you'll be fine. :)How old r u ?

Last edited by a moderator:
That depends on the person. It shouldn't really hurt that much at all... What generally hurts is tension of the muscles of the vaginal opening. When the tampon isn't going in because the hymen hasn't been stretched, many women tend to get tense and the vaginal muscles constricts causing pain. The key is to stay as relaxed as possible.

Have a read of https://www.youngwomenshealth.org/tampon.html A Guide to Using Your First Tampon. It is a good idea to know what you are about to do.. that will also help you to stay relaxed!
Not stretched,broke.

so, if u haven't used a tampon, it hurts to use it the first time? Little confused. I don't mean to be rude but can u explain it I donno, a little easier to understand 4 me? I'm kinda well, let's just say I can't understand ALL medical words and whatnot. lol
Okay... first of all do read: https://www.coolnurse.com/hymen.htm It is a good simple site about the hymen.

In really simple terms....

1) The hymen is a small, thin piece of skin that covers a little bit of vaginal opening. The vaginal opening is the place where blood and babies come out. It is between your exit for pee and your exit for poo.

2) The hymen needs to be stretched normally BUT it shouldn't be painful.

3) There are these muscles just inside the vaginal opening and when these get tight while trying to put a tampon in, it causes pain.

4) If you are nervous about putting a tampon in, you can cause these muscles to get tight without meaning too and then it can hurt putting in the tampon

5) If you can stay relaxed then it shouldn't hurt at all.. the pain comes from being tense and the muscles getting tight rather than they hymen stretching to fit the tampon!

Does that make more sense?

Most girls will have some kind of perforation (or hole) in the hymen so blood can escape when menstruation starts. Occasionally, a girl can find she doesn't have those holes and blood can't escape. A doctor will usually then surgically pierce the hymen.
No way would I do that! o_O sounds painful

Not stretched,broke.
On the contrary... the hymen will either stretch around the tampon or will tear... Breaking is a common term which does not accurately describe what occurs. A piece of skin cannot break.. it can either stretch or tear. Regardless of which it will not hurt because the skin doesn't have nerves in it.

No way would I do that! o_O sounds painful
Piercing of the hymen is not painful... what is painful is the cramping associated with blood backing up in the vagina because it can't escape!!! Surgical intervention is not an option with these women, it must be done because it can lead to all sorts of medical problems!

https://www.youngwomenshealth.org/hymen.html Read here about Imperforate Hymen

Me too and i'm 22yrs old.But that does sound painful.

Last edited by a moderator:
Blood backing up is extraordinarily painful!! It causes the belly to swelling and become very tender and painful and the pain can often radiate to their back. It can cause the girl not to be able to be able to urinate or pass faeces! And what's worse is that it appears every month until treated. That and it makes sexual intercourse incredibly difficult without the intitial hole in hymen which acts as a weak spot for penetration.

Okay... first of all do read: https://www.coolnurse.com/hymen.htm It is a good simple site about the hymen.
In really simple terms....

1) The hymen is a small, thin piece of skin that covers a little bit of vaginal opening. The vaginal opening is the place where blood and babies come out. It is between your exit for pee and your exit for poo.

2) The hymen needs to be stretched normally BUT it shouldn't be painful.

3) There are these muscles just inside the vaginal opening and when these get tight while trying to put a tampon in, it causes pain.

4) If you are nervous about putting a tampon in, you can cause these muscles to get tight without meaning too and then it can hurt putting in the tampon

5) If you can stay relaxed then it shouldn't hurt at all.. the pain comes from being tense and the muscles getting tight rather than they hymen stretching to fit the tampon!

Does that make more sense?
yes.... thanks

Um.......I dont think I should say but here, U get cramps in ur side, It DOESNT hurt
um well you oviosly havent had your period.it hurts like crazy.but theres medicine to help it.but dnt worry.you have to get it.you cnt relly prepare yourself for it.you juss get used to it.not to worry. :blink:

um well you oviosly havent had your period.it hurts like crazy.but theres medicine to help it.but dnt worry.you have to get it.you cnt relly prepare yourself for it.you juss get used to it.not to worry. :blink:
Paola101, not everywhere experiences painful periods. There are many people who have very light periods that last for 2-3 days and don't expereince and cramps, bloating or discomfort at all! Most women will experience some degree of bloating or heaviness though. Many will experience cramps ranging from mild and occasional to very severe and disabling.

Each person is different! :blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back