Glasses or Contacts?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I look dumb in glasses, so I wear contacts.

My vision was pretty good until, like, the end of 5th grade and then all of a sudden I was nearsighted. Even after I got glasses I could survive without them, I just carried them around and used them only to read things several feet away. It wasn't until about two years ago when I needed to wear glasses constantly and I absolutely hated it, so I got contacts and I wear them pretty much every day now.

I had to overcome my weird phobia about touching my eyes in order to get my contacts in, but I finally did it.

It was a pretty exciting five hours of me attempting to stick my finger in my eye for the first time. :(

Both (but not at the same time) :D

I started wearing glasses for near sight (called short-sight in the UK) before I left school - I realised I couldn't read stuff on the chalk board or white board unless I was sitting in the front row! ;)

Most of the time I wear gas permeable (hard) contact lenses - because they suit my eyes best (no irritation, easy for me to insert and remove).

I also have a pair of black specs which are very convenient to fling on my face in the mornings if I am running late (which is often).

Actually - I put on the specs first thing in the morning anyway - before I get out of bed - because I really need to be able to find my way to the door of my bedroom without crashing into random items of furniture en route :)

I have worn glasses since the fourth grade.

But now I have had contacts for a year.

I love my contacts and only wear my glasses when I have to.

Contacts are really good for me since I'm always on stage.

My glasses are ok looking but I look better in contacts.

They make my eyes bluer :)

[if that's a word}

I would rather have glasses instead of contacts because you're like touching your eye when you remove contacts. I couldn't bear to watch my friend take her contacts off. IT WAS SO GROSS! :angry:

I wore glasses when I was younger, then went to contacts as a teenager until age 46. Then I had cataract surgery, and now I wear no correction.

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither.

I used to have really good vision, but it's getting worse now though. I know someone who faked an eye test to get glasses (so of course they can't see properly in them). My brother is supposed to wear glasses, but he doesn't.

I wear my contacts to school and like when I'm going out or stuff.

I wear glasses on weekends and summer, to give my eyes a break, because I don't know. I feel like they deserve a break.

I wear glasses - had them since Pre-Kindergarten.

I really want contacts, because glasses annoy the bazookas out of me. They look so ugly on my face. Urg. And make my nose gigantic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back