god.

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a strong christian :angry: . It may have come across as differently but I am.

Mormons are Christians.
A Christian is a person who worships Jesus Christ.

If you'd like to learn a little more about your own religion, here's a useful link to the official site: https://www.mormon.org/mormonorg/eng/
Not to challenge you or anything, TM, I hope I don't come across as such, but personally I do not inclued Mormonism with Christianity.

In a way, it would be like if Christians were considered Jews - we may have branched off from Judaism but we aren't considered religious Jews. Mormons believe in Jesus but so do Muslims and even Jews but who they think he is is different and that's a big part of many monotheistic religions.

It's debatable - I've heard both sides.

Nope, don't believe.
And if any of you want evidence that God doesn't exist, just board a plane and when it gets above the clouds, try to look for him somewhere in the clouds. That's my personal proof, cause when I was going to China on a plane and checked out the window, I absolutely didn't see any God.
I'm sorry, but I just had to quote this. I have to say, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm serious! You haven't done much research on God and the Christian/Jewish/Catholic religions, have you? God isn't some old guy who sits on a cloud and waves at people on planes as they pass by, looking for him.

He is the Creator of The Universe, King of all beings. I am 100% Christian and definitely believe in God. He is the source of all good things in this life! And I have some real evidence that he exists. No, I didn't see him sitting on a cloud whilst I was on my way to China, but he has spoken to me, and influenced my life in many good and wonderful ways. I thank him just for my existence!

And now for my interesting view on how the world was made. Yes, I believe that God made the world - of course I do, I am a Christian! But I do also believe in the Big Bang. Because God doesn't work against Science. Science is good; it can explain all about how things work, just not why. I believe God used Science to create the world, which is where the Big Bang comes in. If you read Genesis 1, you see how well the way God just has to say "Let There Be Light" and there is, corresponds to the way the Big Bang just suddenly appears, like an explosion of light.

It's not belittling God's power in the slightest to say that he used Science to create the world. It's extraordinary and fascinating - beyond human comprehension, even! And that's why we all have these non-believers. Because it's so hard for the human mind to think of someone so much more powerful and amazing than us.

So yes, chemicals and Science formed the world - and God made them, and controlled what they did. Ultimately, God is the creator of the Universe, and the creator of the chemicals that formed it!

I try to be as much of a good Christian as I can, and thank God in all aspects of my life. I am far from perfect, but I really do want to honour him with the things that I do, and work more towards that each and every day. I read my Bible every night, and pray afterwards. I'm in a difficult situation right now; I've just moved from the UK to America, and am trying to develop good friendships with the people at my new school. I cannot tell you how much God has answered my prayers and helped me through this time; giving me confidence and great opportunities to become closer to my friends.

Amen.

Not to challenge you or anything, TM, I hope I don't come across as such, but personally I do not inclued Mormonism with Christianity...
I don't see it as a challenge at all :D

But it is your opinion. I disagree, but I will explain why I think you are mistaken :(

Jews and Muslims do not worship Jesus Christ. They do believe he existed.

The fact is that members of the Church of Latter Day Saints (Mormons) worship Jesus Christ and considers him their saviour.

Their basic beliefs state:

God is your Father in Heaven. He knows you personally. Jesus Christ is the Son of God and your Savior. His life and teachings are the way to peace and happiness.
This is the evidence that I put forward to support my statement that Mormons are Christians and Christians are people who worship Jesus Christ.

On balance, reading through the reasoning in your post and considering what little I know about Mormonism (so far), I still consider a Mormon to be a Christian.

(I do wonder if any Mormons don't consider themselves Christians)

im not religous r nuthin in fact i HATE going 2 church its a waste of my TIME i beleive in god but i kinda really dont i believe in sprits and ghosts and aliens just not really god

I'm sorry, but I just had to quote this. I have to say, this is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. I'm serious! You haven't done much research on God and the Christian/Jewish/Catholic religions, have you? God isn't some old guy who sits on a cloud and waves at people on planes as they pass by, looking for him.
He is the Creator of The Universe, King of all beings. I am 100% Christian and definitely believe in God. He is the source of all good things in this life! And I have some real evidence that he exists. No, I didn't see him sitting on a cloud whilst I was on my way to China, but he has spoken to me, and influenced my life in many good and wonderful ways. I thank him just for my existence!

And now for my interesting view on how the world was made. Yes, I believe that God made the world - of course I do, I am a Christian! But I do also believe in the Big Bang. Because God doesn't work against Science. Science is good; it can explain all about how things work, just not why. I believe God used Science to create the world, which is where the Big Bang comes in. If you read Genesis 1, you see how well the way God just has to say "Let There Be Light" and there is, corresponds to the way the Big Bang just suddenly appears, like an explosion of light.

It's not belittling God's power in the slightest to say that he used Science to create the world. It's extraordinary and fascinating - beyond human comprehension, even! And that's why we all have these non-believers. Because it's so hard for the human mind to think of someone so much more powerful and amazing than us.

So yes, chemicals and Science formed the world - and God made them, and controlled what they did. Ultimately, God is the creator of the Universe, and the creator of the chemicals that formed it!

I try to be as much of a good Christian as I can, and thank God in all aspects of my life. I am far from perfect, but I really do want to honour him with the things that I do, and work more towards that each and every day. I read my Bible every night, and pray afterwards. I'm in a difficult situation right now; I've just moved from the UK to America, and am trying to develop good friendships with the people at my new school. I cannot tell you how much God has answered my prayers and helped me through this time; giving me confidence and great opportunities to become closer to my friends.

Amen.
-Laughs very loudly-

Wow, you really are a strong Christian aren't you?

Gosh, the way to talk like you are totally and utterly sure that he exists and you have all the evidence in the world that he exist just drives me insane! Yes, I do think Crickeys's post was very silly too, but ugh. You all say things like "There is no proof that God doesn't exist. I have proof that he exists. He has spoken to me.". You are just making that up, or your faith in the belief of Christianity is so strong that you just imagine it. I'd like to see you give us some real proof that he exists.

I am sure that someone who is Christian is going to quote this and flame me. Please do not. I'm just trying to make a point. This is my opinion. That's all there is to it.

... You all say things like "There is no proof that God doesn't exist. I have proof that he exists. He has spoken to me.". You are just making that up, or your faith in the belief of Christianity is so strong that you just imagine it. I'd like to see you give us some real proof that he exists.
I am sure that someone who is Christian is going to quote this and flame me. Please do not. I'm just trying to make a point. This is my opinion. That's all there is to it.
You made your point and she made hers. There's no difference.

She doesn't need to prove anything to you because she has her faith, her personal belief.

It's you that needs the proof. Just a difference in what your needs are compared to hers.

You don't believe and she does, that's all there is to it :D

I think it a little harsh to accuse someone of "imagining it" or "making it up" just because you, personally don't believe in a god.

I'm sure you don't enjoy being called a liar any more than anyone else... no matter what your opinion on a subject.

It doesn't matter whether that's your opinion or not - it does matter that you respect other opinions and are polite on TamaTalk.

Perhaps you need to learn to express your opinion in a more rationale, polite way?

Everyone should remember that respect is a two way street :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i do,but i dont talk to ppl about it...i dont like cramming religion down other ppls throughts

Today on the bus this girl asked me what religion I was and I told her Athiest, and this kid popped up behind me and screamed, "SATAN WORSHIPER!" It was really funny. He got all mad at me. He wasn't even joking. My friend and I were just laughing as he mumbled on about me being the spawn of Satan. It was so funny. I'm just curious, does anyone else think i worship the devil?

Today on the bus this girl asked me what religion I was and I told her Athiest, and this kid popped up behind me and screamed, "SATAN WORSHIPER!" It was really funny. He got all mad at me. He wasn't even joking. My friend and I were just laughing as he mumbled on about me being the spawn of Satan. It was so funny. I'm just curious, does anyone else think i worship the devil?
That reminds me of my ex's mom >.<

In her eyes, if someone isn't a Christian or Catholic, they worship Satan. Period, end of story.

She knows nothing about other religions besides her own so she makes stupid assumptions about everyone else's beliefs.

I hate when people make assumptions in general, but especially about something they clearly have no education in whatsoever. The Atheist = Satanist is one of the most common assumptions I hear about Atheism.

It'd be nice if people actually did some research on things before they decide to hate them.

-Laughs very loudly-Wow, you really are a strong Christian aren't you?

Gosh, the way to talk like you are totally and utterly sure that he exists and you have all the evidence in the world that he exist just drives me insane! Yes, I do think Crickeys's post was very silly too, but ugh. You all say things like "There is no proof that God doesn't exist. I have proof that he exists. He has spoken to me.". You are just making that up, or your faith in the belief of Christianity is so strong that you just imagine it. I'd like to see you give us some real proof that he exists.

Well then...what if i said "Hahaha, those stupid people who dont believe in god. Im sure there strong "believers" in there "religons". There so silly! I mean they get so annoying. They make up everything and they always shove it down your throat! I like to see them give us some proof that God doesnt exist" Yes, that was pretty rude and offensive huh? Im not going to flame you or anything...but i am also trying to make a point and thats all there is to it ;)

Gosh, It's not like i said things like "all people who believe in god are stupid and gulliable(sp.?)", I'm just me. And i am the kind of person who can't sit and not protest something that makes me angry. I'm not saying I'm angry that people believe in god, I'm angry because of the way they talk like they're utterly and totally sure that god exists! Please, people can we talk a little less like "God is the ruler and creater of all existance" and a little more like "In my opinion, god created all existance"? Please? I'd like that. Because I don't talk like "there is not such thing as god at all".

Please, i'm not trying to make you people offended, i'm just trying to express my opinion. That's all. :( .

-Sigh- Obviously someone is going to quote this, and protest against my opinion, again. Maybe I shouldn't reply to this anymore. :(

Please, i'm not trying to make you people offended, i'm just trying to express my opinion. That's all.   :D .-Sigh- Obviously someone is going to quote this, and protest against my opinion, again. Maybe I shouldn't reply to this anymore.  :p
You definitely didn't type the words "people are stupid and gullible" but you did begin a reply with "Laughs very loudly" and went on to tell someone that they were just making it up or imagining it...

I can only suggest that if you don't want to offend ppl then don't be rude about your opinion.

Express your opinion in a more polite way - no matter how anyone else chooses to behave.

I just want to say that I'm not "protesting" your opinion at all.

It's rudeness I don't like :lol:

Im not going to flame you or anything...but i am also trying to make a point and thats all there is to it  :lol:
If you don't want to "flame" anyone, please don't express your opinion in a rude way.

Polite, rational explanations are much more likely to get your point across than provocative remarks.

If you want someone to see or understand your view point, don't attack them, persuade them :D

Just because one person is rude, there's no reason to be rude back.

Keep it polite :p

It's tempting to laugh at people when they express extreme views at you, but the best retort to that kind of accusation is a sweet smile and a short, polite sentence like...

"I'm terribly sorry, but you misunderstood.

I'm an Atheist.

I don't believe in Satan either."

It's always disappointing when Christians display very un-Christian behaviour towards others. The exact same can be said of any religion.

Religious Extremism and Intolerance is not pretty - no matter what your beliefs :unsure:

It's almost like I'm half and half. I belive in god and everything, but theres almost half of like the bible i don't belive. Especially Adam and Eve. What I think is that Earth has so many different races, so how could we all come from those who were the same race? And also, when sisters and brothers have children, the children they have are usually deformed because of having a messed up genetic code. So, I belive in god and Jesus, but a lot of things about Christianity I don't belive.

[SIZE=7pt]Uh...[/SIZE]

wait, I'm gonna sound like a loser, but let me try to ask something that makes sense...

Can someone please explain to me what Atheist is, if it is not worshiping the devil?

Im soo confusseeeddddd.

EDIT: And Im sure its been said somewhere already, but I don't want to look through 35 pages.

[SIZE=7pt]Uh...[/SIZE]
wait, I'm gonna sound like a loser, but let me try to ask something that makes sense...

Can someone please explain to me what Atheist is, if it is not worshiping the devil?

Im soo confusseeeddddd.

EDIT: And Im sure its been said somewhere already, but I don't want to look through 35 pages.
An Atheist is a person who believes in no religion. It's ok, no one it going to think you're a loser. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back