Good News! (I think ;D)

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

meowbark

September 2008 Contest Winner
Reaction score
Well my dad works for the Governemt, and next week some Japanese dudes are coming to the Air station were he works to try and recruit people.

If he gets accepted, I get to MOVE to Japanese in either Okinawa or Atsugi (I thought he said Akatsuki at first XD)

I was like "OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" When he told me, but didn't show it because I was sort of mad... XD

But I will need advice, because if he gets accepted I will be moving within a month or so.... I was super happy. But there is ALWAYS a downside, I will probably have to repeat grade 7. I have Average grades as well. Which is like "OMG! A+!" On the Standard Team. So I am basically a pretty good student....

Advice: Do most Japanese people understand basic english?

~ Would I live in a special house?

~ Would I go to a normal Japanese school taking English courses? o_o

~ Can 13 year old work?

Well Im just thinking, I might get moved to Japan.

And if I did, my dad would be making a good pay like now. So if we sold this house, what would happen?

OH! And would I be able to still use my Computer? Its a Alienware Aurora, pretty good to! I dont want to loose it D:

Learning Japanese is pretty difficult, and theres a chance you may not get moved, mainly because with Japanese government and such, your dad may or may not have to move. Also, any electronics you have will work fine.

You will not live in a "Special" house, if you can't afford the house, you can't live in it, you will only live in a house that you can afford, therefore, you can only get a house that your father can afford for all of you to live in.

No, the legal working age remains the same.

You will not however, be put in a Japanese school taking English courses, you will have to be put in a special school that teaches you how to speak Japanese, you must continue to go to that school until you are fluent with the language or else you won't be accepted into the school.

Basically, if you are indeed moving to Japan, you must learn to be fluent and accepting of their culture, Japan isn't what everyone thinks it may be.

From what I heard the Governemt is paying for it all or something, and if my dad get's accepted I will be moving to one of the 2 choices.

Your saying if I don't learn Japanese I can't finish my education and graduate High-School? o.o I really don't want that! I wanted to go to college in a city close to Orlando, but if I don't finish my education I won't be accepted! >.< Darn....

I guess it does have some downsides...

Most people who's folks work for the goverment would have to live in the american part of Japan. You have people in the military stationed there. I knew a friend who's father was in the Government. She lived in the American part of Japan and had a small apartment. Not all Japanese people are open minded to outsiders. Alot don't like outsiders and alot do get offended if you try to jumble Japanese to them. Some are xenophobic.

Japanese schools also differnt from American schools. They go six times a week I belive also.

I'm no expert on Japenese culture or language or anything that has to do with Japan, I would just listen to the advice some members have already given you.

All I can say is that if you do move to Japan, good luck and have fun there!

I might move to Japan in a couple of years. -high five- =D

I'm going to take classes to learn how to speak Japanese before I move there though. If I do move at all...

In Japan, they learn English in school from my understanding. So if you talked to middle schoolers in English they would most likely understand what your saying.

You would attend an English school.

If you did go to a Japanese school you'd attend school more.

Out of both of the choices, where do you want to move?

x'3

Had to ask.

Most people who's folks work for the goverment would have to live in the american part of Japan. You have people in the military stationed there. I knew a friend who's father was in the Government. She lived in the American part of Japan and had a small apartment. Not all Japanese people are open minded to outsiders. Alot don't like outsiders and alot do get offended if you try to jumble Japanese to them. Some are xenophobic.
Japanese schools also differnt from American schools. They go six times a week I belive also.
Well it is more for the Naval Air force.....Not Military. But it's just for a job, I would probably do what Prime said, that or because most Middle Schoolers take English courses, I may be able to go to a normal school.

I will be doing more research on this I guess.

Alot don't like outsiders and alot do get offended if you try to jumble Japanese to them.  Some are xenophobic.
And yet Florida has a bunch of Japanese people living here and we accept them? ._.

What does the last word mean?

Research is good, my friend. I also highly suggestion you check out or buy a tour guide book about Japan and maybe see some goodplaces to go to also.

Xenohphobic means the fear of outsiders.

First thing: I Have done a bit of research. But it seems to be like for those Training camps I see in the area, like for Military training camps. I see them alot, there is a Naval Air station here, my mom sometimes works in the Superstore right next to it.

Second: I haven't met someone like that, sounds like a weird phobia. I have heard worse though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back