Goths and Emos

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate labels. Simple. Clean.

tight-enough-to-cry jeans are stupid. Why the crap would you wear them. having the 'emo sway' only screws up your vison, I dont need that. Black highlights and red tips are predictable, and they suck. If you wear converse and Vans, you have enough money to be in a good life. If you can shop at Hot Topic, you have a nice sum of money. And I doubt you work.

I don't like people who broadcast problems they probably don't have. I see it. Its hard not to shove their face into a pole, or a window or something. Give them ugly scars to go with their ugly soul.

I am Self Pity because I feel it is a unique name. No one else had it last year, no one else has it now. I would rather go by Self Pity than Emogurl1234 or Emokid17, or anything emo, or gothguy666.

by the way, 666 isnt the evil number. Look up the SB. Its 999.

Goths-

You are the oldest stereotype alive I know of, seeing as your style, though not originally from clothing, was arcutectual or (however you spell that) in churches and Castles. the way you use it today, though, you kill it. I pity you. Amen.

Labels, are dumb.

look, I'm 21, and have obviously been out of highschool/middleschool for quite some time.

And I promise you, when you're out of school, you'll realize how meaningless the labels are. And how if you look back, you could probably in one way or another find at least one trait in you from every "label" ever known to man.

So the bottom line is, in 10 years, you'll look back. It won't matter who was a prep, who was looser, who was a poser, who was a goth or an emo or a punk or even jock... all that will matter is yourself, your life, and the important people in it.

And the sooner kids realize that life is not about what other people "think" you are, or what you even want other people to "think" about you... and as soon as kids start realizing that all that matters is what they think about themselves, the world as a whole will be a much better place.

Labels, are dumb.
look, I'm 21, and have obviously been out of highschool/middleschool for quite some time.

And I promise you, when you're out of school, you'll realize how meaningless the labels are. And how if you look back, you could probably in one way or another find at least one trait in you from every "label" ever known to man.

So the bottom line is, in 10 years, you'll look back. It won't matter who was a prep, who was looser, who was a poser, who was a goth or an emo or a punk or even jock... all that will matter is yourself, your life, and the important people in it.

And the sooner kids realize that life is not about what other people "think" you are, or what you even want other people to "think" about you... and as soon as kids start realizing that all that matters is what they think about themselves, the world as a whole will be a much better place.
Agreed. I don't think some people realize that life isn't like Laguna Beach. Most popular people, after graduation never see their 'bfflzomgbbq' again, or if they do it's rarely.

I had tons of friends in school. Now I have about 2. One I've known for 15 years, and the other I didn't even go to school with.

The same happened with my friend. She was considered VERY popular, and after she graduated, she had me.

Labels mean nothing in the real world. They're just another excuse to discriminate.

It's because people associate a certain types of people with certain types of behavoir.
I'm generalizing here on my own account but the emo/scene kids at my school are usually not my kind of people. I've seen how their group asks and I'm not just being "stereotypical" when I say for the most part I don't want to be around them. Many do drugs, curse like there's no tomorrow, talk about sex, etc. and that's not what I want around me.

Again, don't call me steretypical but that seems to me how our emo/goth/scene kids group is which is a perfect example of this type of association.

People who act the same generally dress the same. Have you ever noticed that many best friends or groups of friends dress and have a similar style? People are naturaly drawn to similarity so when you see the few out of the group that act one way it's only natural to assume the rest of the crowd acts the same. And sometimes that assumption is correct. Of course there are the individuals in the group but certain peoples you don't want to associate yourself with for whatever reason.
Actually, thats how the media percieves them. They take the goths that do drugs, have sex, and beat the kerfluffle out of people, leaving behind the ones who actually like the music, and the political views, etc. A person I know, and who is close, was--and still is, a goth. But they set aside the goth things for on the weekends or for when they go to something that requires them, for a job, etc. They order the goth things from real, specialty places, not going to Hot Topic. They never did or do do drugs, they never beat people up, etc. They actually are a goth-- but not the kind the media percieves. Therefore, the "goth and emo" kids of late, have been trusting just the media, and not really looking into goths and what they're about. Just follow the tabloids.

And for non-replying to the quote:

About the emos. I don't like emos, truthfully. But what's dissapointing, is the ones who cut their wrists and legs are the ones who get into the media. And the ones who are "cool". Its saddening, really. I have a friend, who goes to public school, and is much more exposed to

"trendy" things than I am, saw me at winter camp a few weeks ago, and saw me wearing green pocket pants and my purple armwarmers, and was all like, "Ooh! They're soooo emo! Your so cool!" and I was like: '........-_x'.

She then complained about the people who point to a line everyone has on their wrist, and says, "I'M EMO, SRSLY." But wrist-cutting isn't all there is to emo. Though, I guess it is now that the media and tabloids have gotten hold of it, and the teenaged population.

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, thats how the media percieves them. They take the goths that do drugs, have sex, and beat the kerfluffle out of people, leaving behind the ones who actually like the music, and the political views, etc. A person I know, and who is close, was--and still is, a goth. But they set aside the goth things for on the weekends or for when they go to something that requires them, for a job, etc. They order the goth things from real, specialty places, not going to Hot Topic. They never did or do do drugs, they never beat people up, etc. They actually are a goth-- but not the kind the media percieves. Therefore, the "goth and emo" kids of late, have been trusting just the media, and not really looking into goths and what they're about. Just follow the tabloids.
But what then is goth and what this is actually emo? It's debatable because it's not concrete.

The media? Well, I don't see much of the medias influence on such groups, personally. One "goth" may not be "a goth" in another city because the levels are different. We can look at a rose and say, that's a rose, but we can't always look at a person and say, that's an emo.

I couldn't pin it on the media though because honestly I don't see it.

But what then is goth and what this is actually emo? It's debatable because it's not concrete.
The media? Well, I don't see much of the medias influence on such groups, personally. One "goth" may not be "a goth" in another city because the levels are different. We can look at a rose and say, that's a rose, but we can't always look at a person and say, that's an emo.

I couldn't pin it on the media though because honestly I don't see it.
I wasn't saying much about the emos, just that the self-mutilating emos are focused on in the emo section, and not the ones who don't cut their wrists. And you'd be surprised, actually. I know of many childrens TV shows, they take goths and make them beating-the-face-out of anyone people, giving the wrong impression to twelve year olds.

Dressing a certain way is one thing. Acting is another.

I dress kinda punky, but I'm not goth or emo or any of that.

Labels just add to it. You don't need to be labeled a certain way for people to like you. D;

I am Self Pity because I feel it is a unique name. No one else had it last year, no one else has it now. I would rather go by Self Pity than Emogurl1234 or Emokid17, or anything emo, or gothguy666.
It sounds so stupid when people put there username as 'EmoGirl5728' Or 'PunkGothDude146'

It sad enough when people label us, but people labeling themself? come on.

Labels annoy me to no end.

I get called 'Emo kid', 'Scene Kid' and 'Punk' ALOT.

And im sick of it, I dress the way I dress because Im comfortable and I think it looks good.

NOT because I wanna look more 'Scene' Or 'Emo' :mametchi:

And everybodys like "Zomg you used to be a prep and now your emo!" and im like "Just because im wearing skinny jeans doesnt mean im freakin emo, plus my old flare years were too baggy"

And whats up with the wristband thing? I have very small wrist so the only type of bracelets I can wear is Wristbands, and everybody is like "ZOMG EMO!" Im not even close to 'Emo' im like ALWAYS happy and yet people still call me emo.

Goths:people who simply just dress in all black,get pierced,ect...(ect on appeariance)

Emos:Retarded teenagers who think their life is nothing and feel they should just throw it all away,but are just stupid and think this because their parents might try to discipline them.They just think they're bieng child abused,no one loves them,and all that crap.(crap isn't a bad word,trust me)And when I say the following I do say it "racist" terms.Usually it's white kids because they think their so perfect and everything is given to them,but when discipline comes along they just go bazerk.

I wasn't saying much about the emos, just that the self-mutilating emos are focused on in the emo section, and not the ones who don't cut their wrists. And you'd be surprised, actually. I know of many childrens TV shows, they take goths and make them beating-the-face-out of anyone people, giving the wrong impression to twelve year olds.
I know I mean can't they make a bad person that's like...A prep for once? Seriously eight year olds are "ZOMG they're wearing black they're evil!"

I have nothing whatsoever against them. I am one of them. Or so I'm called. People in 5th grade at my school think you're goth if you wear a black t-shirt in spring. I think emo and goth people have cool hair,cool clothes and cool music,so,yeah. lol

'Emo' and 'goth'.

Wow, it's still continuing. One of the reasons I took a break from TamaTalk was because I thought it had been taken over by 'emos'. (I use ' ' because I'm anti-labels. When I say that I mean I left because I kept seeing people claming there goth and emo or whatever.)

I, myself get called goth and emo' It makes me sad when people call me an emo because what comes to mind is, 'What do people think of when they look at me?'. You know?

Goths:people who simply just dress in all black,get pierced,ect...(ect on appeariance)Emos:Retarded teenagers who think their life is nothing and feel they should just throw it all away,but are just stupid and think this because their parents might try to discipline them.They just think they're bieng child abused,no one loves them,and all that crap.(crap isn't a bad word,trust me)And when I say the following I do say it "racist" terms.Usually it's white kids because they think their so perfect and everything is given to them,but when discipline comes along they just go bazerk.
I found your post quite offencive.

Your definition of 'emo' is when people are depresed.

Considering I've been depresed before, I would know..

When people are depresed it doesn't make them retarted or stupid. Most of people's reasons for falling into depression aren't crappy reasons either.

What's up with this 'white kids' thing your saying?! I mean, anyone can fall into depression. I'm white and I certainly don't think I'm perfect and I don't get everything I want. When I'm disciplined, I don't go bazerk either. I'm used to discipline because when you do something an effect always comes along so you have to pay for it. (An example is like when I fail my math tests, I get yelled at and have to study and re-take them)

You obviously understand nothing about depression.

I am emo so I dont know what yall thing about us but e and my bf are happy like this so deal with it.

Goths:people who simply just dress in all black,get pierced,ect...(ect on appeariance)Emos:Retarded teenagers who think their life is nothing and feel they should just throw it all away,but are just stupid and think this because their parents might try to discipline them.They just think they're bieng child abused,no one loves them,and all that ** isn't a bad word,trust me)And when I say the following I do say it "racist" terms.Usually it's white kids because they think their so perfect and everything is given to them,but when discipline comes along they just go bazerk.
It seems that the only person here who is close to going "berserk" is you, Stride. You need to think about what you say before you start ranting about other people again. By classifying an entire group of people as "retarded", "stupid", and insisting that their actions have to do with their color...you have just effectively made yourself look rather silly. I strongly suggest you tone it down before responding next time, even if it concerns a topic that you feel strongly about.

Also, the swear word you used IS an inappropriate word...which is why you don't see it in this post anymore. :eek:

wHAT EXACTLY IS EMO?
Well there's three types:

Emo

Emo poser

Emo rocker

An Emo is a depressed person who's depressed sometimes for a good reason, over times they just have depression problems. Most of the time they dress like goths and they cry a lot and slit their wrists. I have no idea why they slit their wrists. The term "Emo" comes from "Emotional Rock" but then it got turned into some silly label meaning "Emotional" or "Emotionally depressed".

An Emo poser is some one who calls themselves Emo and dress in Emo clothes and do what Emos do when they're not actually depressed for a minute, they just think it's all cool to slit their wrists and call themselves Emo. Sure, some have family problems but their the kind most people have, it's not like their abused or anything.

An Emo rocker (this might be wrong though, my friend told me this) is some one who listens to Emo music, dresses in Emo clothes and basically looks like an Emo but their not one. They're not a poser though because they don't slit their wrists or pretend to be depressed. They're not really depressed at all, they just like the music and the appearance.

Goths:people who simply just dress in all black,get pierced,ect...(ect on appeariance)Emos:Retarded teenagers who think their life is nothing and feel they should just throw it all away,but are just stupid and think this because their parents might try to discipline them.They just think they're bieng child abused,no one loves them,and all that crap.(crap isn't a bad word,trust me)And when I say the following I do say it "racist" terms.Usually it's white kids because they think their so perfect and everything is given to them,but when discipline comes along they just go bazerk.
Think before you type such rude things.

I'm sorry, but your definition of emo is very offensive. It seems your saying that they're depressed, but I have been depressed before, and we actually have reasons thank you. I will bring a quote of your opinion back to you like a boomerang when you say you are depressed here.

Emo is a style of dress. And not only caucasians get depressed. Anybody can, no matter what the background. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back