Guinea pig help needed

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

~Aly&Aj~

Reaction score
my guinea pig hates me :furawatchi: . I am soooo sad. Everytime I pick him up he crys like crazy and he always whimpers. He lets me pet him, just not hold him. It is not hurting him, he is scared. Is there anything I can do to help this? Please help, I am depressed :D . Please give me some tips on guinea pigs also. Please. I am a new piggy owner, and he is seriously afraid of me. It is not my looks, I honestly think that he is afraid I will drop him, but I always hold him very secure. Please help me with my new pig! Please? :( :( :( :(

~Aly&Aj~

P.S. please no spam or comments that do not help me in any way.

Maybe its just since hes a new guinea pig it just needs to get use to things, Like most animals that walk around xP

//-lWeRide

Most animals take a while to get accustomed to being held. You really should research guinea pigs and learn about them, you can't get all the information you need off of a forum, especially not a forum that isn't specially for guinea pigs. Hold your guinea pig for twenty minutes a day, and also let him play for at least an hour a day, with you supervising him.

Most animals take a while to get accustomed to being held. You really should research guinea pigs and learn about them, you can't get all the information you need off of a forum, especially not a forum that isn't specially for guinea pigs. Hold your guinea pig for twenty minutes a day, and also let him play for at least an hour a day, with you supervising him.
What would I be able to use to secure him when I let him run around outside?I DON'T have a pen.

I used to have a guinea. She died a while back... :furawatchi:

If you aren't holding him right, he'll squeal. If you're holding him too high up and it scares him, he'll squeal. If you're not gentle enough, he'll squeal.. I went through 4 guineas before I got one that was calm. I think it varies from guinea to guinea how they act. He might just be cautious, uncomfortable, or scared... It may depend on how long you've had him, too. If you haven't had him very long, you should let him get used to the place, and get used to you. If you've had him for a while and this is still going on, it's just the personality he has, I guess. It's his nature.

If he's a new pet, he might be scared from the sudden change of scene. He should get used to you soon, as long as you are holding him correctly.

my guinea pig hates me :mellow: . I am soooo sad. Everytime I pick him up he crys like crazy and he always whimpers. He lets me pet him, just not hold him. It is not hurting him, he is scared. Is there anything I can do to help this? Please help, I am depressed :( . Please give me some tips on guinea pigs also. Please. I am a new piggy owner, and he is seriously afraid of me. It is not my looks, I honestly think that he is afraid I will drop him, but I always hold him very secure. Please help me with my new pig! Please? :( :( :( :(
~Aly&Aj~

He might be lonely. That's what happened to my guinea piggy. Get a guinea pig friend or a rabbit so he can have fun.

He might be lonely. That's what happened to my guinea piggy. Get a guinea pig friend or a rabbit so he can have fun.
my bro is probably going to get a guinea pig that's a girl to have baby pigs, and he has a aquariam to put is pig in when the piglets are born. I also might get another boy to be my first guinea's playmate.

I don't have a piggy but I think they're cute.

If it let's you pet it, then just keep stroking him/her. Don't keep picking her up if she doesn't like it, let her get used to you first . Once she is comfortable with you then she will enjoy you picking her up. Just be patient, as Stupidity said it could just be her nature.

my guinea pig hates me :mimitchi: . I am soooo sad. Everytime I pick him up he crys like crazy and he always whimpers. He lets me pet him, just not hold him. It is not hurting him, he is scared. Is there anything I can do to help this? Please help, I am depressed :mimitchi: . Please give me some tips on guinea pigs also. Please. I am a new piggy owner, and he is seriously afraid of me. It is not my looks, I honestly think that he is afraid I will drop him, but I always hold him very secure. Please help me with my new pig! Please? :huh: :( :( :(
~Aly&Aj~

Did you just get him? If so, give him some time to get used to you.

~Camelle

What would I be able to use to secure him when I let him run around outside?I DON'T have a pen.
Well, you need to let him play for at least an hour everyday. It's not healthy for him to be locked up in a cage all the time. Let him run around in an enclosed room (like your bedroom or bathroom (make sure they don't have any wires or anything that could hurt him though, and since most rooms have wires, you would need to supervise him so he wouldn't chew on them). If you can't have him inside, playpens for small animals don't cost very much. I used to use an old dog pen (not sure how much that cost), but then I got a pretty good pen for smaller animals (for my rabbit) for about thirty dollars, I think. Make sure to especially supervise him when he's outside, just in case another animal comes and bothers him, or in case he manages to escape.

I have never been a guinea pig owner but the basic pet rules apply as people have already mentioned: If it's a new pet it will be skittish for the first while and trust needs to be established. A connection needs to build...and keep in mind even guinea pigs have different personalities and this one may just not have a liking to being picked up. Could just be petting is it's fancy only. Hopefully you'll figure out what's wrong.

i let my pig run around in the basement,and he likes getting scratched between his eyes...

o,yah, they also love carrots :lol:

Actually, it is not good at all to get a rabbit as company for a guinea pig. Rabbits and guinea pigs have been known to fight alot, and the guinea pig usually comes out second best.

That used to happen all the time when I got my rabbit.

Is your guinea pig new? He's probably just scared. Give it some time, so he can get used to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back