Guitars~!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Plazmical Ecstasy

Reaction score
I've been wanting a guitar for awhile now, and my dad says I *might* get one for my birthday.

I just wanted to know, for a beginner, what type of electric guitar should I get? And what else shoudl I know, before/when/after I get one?

Yamaha makes good starter instruments. [i rented/used a school's Yamaha Trombone.]

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends, what type of electric guitar. Lead or rythem? Or maybe you might want to play electric BASS... Eh? Nudge, nudge? Anyway, do you want high or low quality... or do you just not care? What is your price range? And do you want a specific colour or shape. I'm not a big fan of YAMAHA> I don't know why. They just don't seem to be serious about their guitars/basses. I would try checking out brands like Fender, Epiphone (Les Paul's and such), or Gibson. Try finding a brand that specializes in guitars/basses because those are the higher quality ones. How serious are you about playing the guitar though? Don't forget you need all the gear too! Amps, picks, tuners, extra strings, and BAND-AIDS! Try going to your local Guitar Center and talking to a knowledgable(sp?) employee.

...Or maybe you might want to play electric BASS... Eh? Nudge, nudge?
Hahaha I agree.

Anyways, my first guitar and bass were Epiphones, good sound and good price ranges.

Also your fingers will hurt, but that's good, they'll eventually toughen up.

I used to have a beautiful white custom Les Paul, she was beautiful. But I broke her...

So don't start with anything too expensive or fancy. If you are sure that you will get one, ask your parents if you can go with them to choose. You have to feel for the guitar, as with all instruments...well for me, it is like that. It might look perfect, but it doesn't feel right.

To be honest, I don't know how to explain it. But when you see the guitar that is right for you, you can tell straight away.

. I'm not a big fan of YAMAHA> I don't know why.
I'm not a BIG fan of Yamaha, but for a beginner, it would be best. I hate their Flutes, made out of Nickel and such.. And with the beginner lip plate.

I used a Yamaha before playing a CONN. Yamaha gave me a good start, and then I played a Getzen then a CONN.

[PS: CONN & Getzen are brass makers]

Seriously, if you have never played/owned a guitar before, try acoustic first. It is cheaper, and that way, if you do not like it, there isn't a TON of money wasted there.

Acoustics are somewhat easier to play, I find, as you do not have to worry about amps and such.

If you like acoustic, move up to an electric.

Guitar takes a lot of practise. I have taken guitar for 3 years, so be ready for some blood,sweat,tears, and callused fingers. : D My acoustic is a Hyburn, and I like it. It is all black, with wood on the front. For electric, I reccomend a Les Paul. They are pretty. @.@

Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator:
Another thing that I thought of! I don't like YAMAHA. Like at all! But they have this weird acoustic guitar that has amp plugs so you can plug it into an... AMP! OMG! I know a girl who has one and she says that it sounds okay. I play bass (as I stated before) and I had this beautiful Epiphone, then my family all chipped in and got me a Fender for x-mas. It looks like Mikey Way's! Anyway...yeah...

Another thing that I thought of! I don't like YAMAHA. Like at all! But they have this weird acoustic guitar that has amp plugs so you can plug it into an... AMP! OMG! I know a girl who has one and she says that it sounds okay. I play bass (as I stated before) and I had this beautiful Epiphone, then my family all chipped in and got me a Fender for x-mas. It looks like Mikey Way's! Anyway...yeah...
I hate Yamaha because of the metals they use, and sound qaulity,and for me, a Brass player, the mouthpiece receiver.

1] I had this FAXX 12c MP, and it did not fit in my reciever! D: So my mp was just, loose.

2]I HATE HATE their Flutes! They break SO EASILY! Same with their Baritone Saxophones. ._.

3]They have horrible sound qaulity. For trombones, the sound is straight , not round, unlike a CONN or KING. That means the bell bore is SMALL.

But they are good for a beginner, also, it depends on what you want to use this for. What genre are you playing in? When you find out, ask your local music center.

Depends, what type of electric guitar. Lead or rythem? Or maybe you might want to play electric BASS... Eh? Nudge, nudge? Anyway, do you want high or low quality... or do you just not care? What is your price range? And do you want a specific colour or shape. I'm not a big fan of YAMAHA> I don't know why. They just don't seem to be serious about their guitars/basses. I would try checking out brands like Fender, Epiphone (Les Paul's and such), or Gibson. Try finding a brand that specializes in guitars/basses because those are the higher quality ones. How serious are you about playing the guitar though? Don't forget you need all the gear too! Amps, picks, tuners, extra strings, and BAND-AIDS! Try going to your local Guitar Center and talking to a knowledgable(sp?) employee.
That's actually quite an untrue statement :)

I have a yamaha guitar that is much better quality than any ibanez or jackson that is currently on the market. I payed a hefty sum of money for it, but it's worth it.

For a beginner guitar, you're looking for something light, probably humbucker pick-ups. I advise you go down and ask a local guitar shop for the best deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back