Harry Potter RP

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just as Flora was situated on her carriage with her Quibbler upside-down (she was looking at the answer key for the ancient runes puzzle), the second year that was sitting next to her(Flora was pretty sure her name was Kathrine)on the train sat down next to her with the the first year named Sabrina trailing behind. Sabrina looked nervous and excited at the same time, and asked Katherine about the punishments. Katherine seemed too busy with her bags to hear Sabrina's question(she looked tired, Flora noted).

"They'll dock points from your house, I'm sure you know what houses are by now? If you're really bad they'll give you detention which is usually lines." Flora answered Sabrina's question.

She lowered her Quibbler so Sabrina and Katherine could see her face. Katherine looked interestedly at her.

"Hi, my name is Flora Skaro. I was sitting with you two on the train. Welcome to Hogwarts, I hope you're a Hufflepuff like me! Your name is Sabrina, right?"

Flora turned to Kathrine.

"And I think I caught your name on the train. Kathrine, isn't it?"

By now the carriages started, and they were nearly at Hogwarts.

Last edited by a moderator:
Katherine was relieved that Flora had been able to answer the question; Sabrina was so full of them it was tiring to answer them all.

Katherine smiled. "Yeah," she replied to Flora. "Katherine Winter, from Ravenclaw."

On the inside, Katherine was bursting with happiness. Her friendship with Flora had hopefully gotten off to a good start and, with every passing second, they got closer to Hogwarts.

"Yes, I'm Sabrina Sappington. Nice to meet you." Sabrina smiled. It seemed like she was starting a friendship with Katherine. Maybe it won't be so bad after all. Sabrina thought."The punishments sound bad though." Sabrina said

to Flora. "I can't wait to go inside Hogwarts!" Sabrina said. They arrived at Hogwarts a moment after that.

The train came to a halt, and Sabrina stepped off

the train. Well, here I go! Sabrina thought.

"You'll love it," said Flora to Sabrina with a grin as the three got off the carriages and finally into Hogwarts. She felt slightly nostalgic as she entered the grand castle and saw the great hall with all the floating candles and enchanted ceiling.

"Wow. It looks better than ever," gasped Flora to no one in particular. She waved Sabrina and Katherine off as she approached the Hufflepuff table, and became suddenly hungry when she sat down. Flora realized with a jolt that her bags were gone but remembered that the house-elves took care of them. She got lost in thought about house-elves, wondering what they looked like(for they seemed like ghosts in Hogwarts, she'd never seen even one, sometimes she wondered if they even existed), and the next thing she new the sorting had already started. There seemed to be more new students than ever this year, Flora thought, and eventually they got to Sabrina Sappington; she wondered what house Sabrina would be in.

Katherine sat down at the table with the rest of the Ravenclaws, her stomach grumbling. She dazed absentmindedly as the sorting began; staring at the beautiful ceiling and the amazing decorations. She snapped out of her daze when she heard Sabrina's name being called.

I wonder what house she'll be in... Katherine thought.

Sabrina looked more nervous than ever, which wasn't surprising. She seemed like a timid girl.

Hufflepuff, maybe? Katherine thought, though all the while in her head she was chanting Ravenclaw, Ravenclaw!

Sabrina waited nervously as the other 1st years got sorted into their houses. Finally, Sabrina's name was called.

She walked up to the sorting hat. She sat down, put it on,

and listened. "Hmmm...You'd be good in Hufflepuff..." the sorting hat said. "Maybe I should put you in Ravenclaw...

you'd do very well there...how about Slytherin? You'd be great there...I'm not quite sure." It said.

"I think I might put you in Gryffindor. Yes... Gryffindor... GRYFFINDOR!" The hat yelled. Sabrina walked shakily to the Gryffindor table. Sabrina peered over at the Ravenclaw table and saw Katherine clapping. Sabrina smiled. "Maybe I finally found a friend." Sabrina said very quietly. "Attention! The feast will start now!" Said a voice Sabrina didn't know. Suddenly, lots of food appeared on the tables. Sabrina looked at all of the food. There was chicken, mashed potatoes, vegetables, and lots more. Sabrina was starving, so she grabbed what she could get to. Sabrina was in the middle of her chicken, when a mean looking boy from Slytherin glared at her with a mean look on his face. Sabrina saw him smirk. Sabrina wanted to know who this boy was. She was sure it was a first year, but she hadn't really been paying attention during the sorting. Sabrina had so many questions to ask her friend, but she wasn't sure when she would get the chance. Then came dessert. There were pies, jelly rolls, tarts, and lots more. Sabrina grabbed a small tart. As she was eating it, she saw a nervous girl sitting right next to her. Sabrina a wanted to say hello, but she wasn't sure. "Hello. I'm Sabrina Sappington. Who are you?" Sabrina said, hoping she could make another friend. "I'm Alice Meredith. It's nice to meet you." Alice said. Sabrina smiled. She seemed to be starting another good friendship.

Flora was glad Sabrina looked happy in her new house. After the sorting ended, the headmaster gave a little speech and food magically appeared on the plates.

"I love magic," said Flora, grinning, as she stuffed her face full of chicken roasts, steaks, puddings, and crepes. After a while, the food disappeared and plates of desserts appeared.

After a while of stuffing her face, Flora started noticing the teachers looked worried. They were all speaking in hushed voices with almost scared expressions on their faces until finally, Professor Mcgonagall whispered something into the headmaster's ear, and the headmaster turned as pale as a ghost in a matter of seconds. He immediately stood up and waved his wand; the delicious pastries, puddings, and ice cream vanished.

"Attention!" The headmaster's voice boomed throughout the great hall so every student could hear.

"If all students could please report to their common rooms immediately. Prefects, lead the students quickly. Flora felt very concerned while being rushed to her common room. What happened? Were the students in danger? The other students didn't seem to care. They were all chatting happily, oblivious to their possible danger.

Katherine sighed happily as Sabrina was sorted into Gryffindor. She looked like she would be happy there. After the remainder of the students, the feast started. Katherine mouth was watering as steaming hot plates of every food she could imagine appeared suddenly before her. She grabbed a plateful of turkey, a baked potato loaded with butter, fresh strawberries, and more. After she was done with the delicious first course, desert appeared. Katherine instantly grabbed her favorite, lime jello.

Katherine was just about to reach for a small mint chocolate cookie when all the deserts disappeared with a flash and the headmaster made his announcement. Katherine was confused.

He looked so worried when he said that... what's going on?

She tried to find Sabrina and Flora but they were lost to her eyes in the sea of robes of all colors as all the kids were being herded into groups.

I have to find out what's going on.

Sabrina followed the sea of colored robes that led to the Gryffindor common room. She could see a picture of a fat lady in a pink dress. "Password?" The picture said. The perfect replied with "Pig snout." Sabrina tried hard not to laugh, the password was really funny. To her a least. But Sabrina could tell that this was serious, so she didn't laugh. Sabrina looked inside the common room to see a fireplace, some chairs, and many pictures. Sabrina was really worried about what was going on.

Flora went to bed immediately after she got in her common room; she felt like that very morning was a thousand years ago. Yet, even as tired as she was, she couldn't go to sleep. She was thinking about how full she was, her train ride to Hogwarts, and most importantly, the whole deal with the start-of-year feast ending early and the expressions of worry on the teachers' faces. The next morning, Flora didn't want to get up. She felt like sleeping another hour but Katie Marshall, an annoying girl in her dorm, made her get up by throwing pillows at her face. She got dressed, brushed her hair and teeth, grabbed her new books(and fancy peacock-feather quill), and headed to the owlery to deliver that letter she'd written to her parents on the train to Hogwarts. The Great Hall was packed with students, Flora thought, raising her brows. She sat down at the Gryffindor table next to Sabrina and Katherine, who both looked as tired as her.

"Hey, guys," said Flora to the two as she tiredly poured herself some cereal.

"Don't you think the teachers looked really worried last night? It's pretty weird, I think something serious is going on...."

Katherine was rushed to the Ravenclaw common room. She wanted to get some sleep, but something about how the teachers had acted kept nagging at the back of her mind. It was no use trying to read, she couldn't concentrate. Katherine went into the girls dorm, where she saw her bags and Salmon's kennel next to what must be her bed. Salmon was meowing loudly, probably annoying the few other students who had already retired to their beds.

"Ssh, ssh," Katherine whispered to him as she let Salmon out of the kennel. He immediately leaped onto Katherine's bed and stretched, yawning, before curling up right on the pillow.

Katherine smiled as she took her sketchpad and pencil case out of her bag and settled down crosslegged on the soft bed and began to sketch Salmon. She was shading in his whiskers when her eyelids got heavy. She was putting away her sketchpad in her bag when out of nowhere there was a loud banging sound. It sounded like it was coming from somewhere deep in the school. None of the sleeping Ravenclaws stirred. Katherine furrowed her eyebrows. Something strange was definitely going on.

But she had no energy to ponder it tonight. She plucked Salmon off of her pillow and set him back down at the foot of her bed gently before climbing into bed and falling instantly asleep.

The next morning, the sun rose all too early for Katherine. She groaned. The big drama queens in Ravenclaw, Elizabeth and Alexia were already gossiping loudly in their high pitched nasally voices about everything.

It's only the first day of school, Katherine thought. How can there be so much juicy news already?

Wanting to avoid having to listen to more of the "who's dating who and why" gossip, Katherine quickly got up, got dressed, filled Salmon's food and water dishes and headed to the Great Hall before Alexia could ask her any questions regarding boys, lip gloss, or fashion whatsoever.

Katherine breathed in the delightful scent of breakfast coming from the Great Hall. She quickly spotted Sabrina and made her way over to the Gryfindor table. Sabrina looked tired.

"Morning," Katherine said to her as she sat down next to her and buttered a slice of toast. Soon after, Flora joined them and started up a conversations.

"Yeah, I think something really strange is going on. Did either of you hear that huge bang last night?"

Sabrina walked over to the girls dorm, feeling very sleepy. Sabrina flopped down on her bed. She was worried about what was happening, or if the teachers would explain the next morning. She closed her eyes and tried to sleep. It was difficult, thinking about what would happen the next morning. Just as Sabrina was drifting off to sleep, she heard a loud bang. Sabrina jumped. She hoped it was just a dream. After some time, Sabrina finally fell into a deep sleep. She had a dream that she was in a room, trying to get out, but every exit led to the same room. Sabrina tossed and turned all night, and hardly got any sleep.

The next morning Sabrina woke up, still feeling tired. She hurried to get down stairs and eat breakfast. Maybe if I eat I'll have more energy. She thought. When she headed down to breakfast, she saw Katherine and Flora already seated. Sabrina rushed over to them and took a seat. "Oh I heard it all right." Sabrina replied. "I also had a really strange dream too. I was in a room, and every time I tried to get out, it lead to the same room. Weird right?" Sabrina said. She ate her breakfast right away; she was very hungry.

The two talked about hearing a bang, and Flora tried to remember hearing one. The thing was, she lived in a city back home, and she was used to hearing loud noises at night.

"I might have heard one, I'm so used to them back home, if I did I wouldn't really notice. That's pretty weird though, I mean, the Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor common rooms are pretty far apart, and if we all heard that bang it must've been pretty loud."

They then starting making theories about the bang and the start-of-school feast ending early, and they all went off to their different classes. Flora had Divination first, which she was really excited about; the old teacher, Professor Trelawney taught it and Flora heard she was a joke at her job. Rumors ran amongst the school saying that Trelawney was hired because she was the one who had predicted the great prophecy about Harry Potter and Voldemort. However, Flora didn't believe this; if Trelawney was an old joke, she couldn't have predicted a prophecy as big as that.

After ten minutes of searching for the Divination room with an old Hogwarts map, Flora finally found the classroom. There was a very dusty and old ladder leading up to it, and as Flora climbed it, the scent of flowers grew stronger. By the time Flora was in the room and had taken a seat, she thought she would faint with all the fumes.

After sitting in the stupid, old Divination room, Flora had Charms, then Ancient Runes, and finally lunch. At lunch, as she was sitting down next to Sabrina and Katherine eating a Shepherd's Pie, a school owl dropped a large parcel right in front of her plate. A note was attached to it that said,

"To my Flora; Love mom."

Blushing, Flora quickly ripped the note off before Katherine or Sabrina could see it, and opened it. Inside was a Firebolt. Sure, it came out several years ago, but it was still pretty cool.

"Thanks mom," whispered Flora, grinning. She'd mentioned to her mom a few times that she was thinking about joining the Hufflepuff Quidditch team as a Keeper over the summer when she found the Hufflepuff Keeper wouldn't be there that year since he was a seventh year the year before. There was another note attached to the broom.

"You'd better try out for the Hufflepuff Quidditch team!"

Katherine listened and contributed to the many theories about the strange happenings, and then sighed as the group broke up and went off to their separate classes. Katherine's first class was Potions. Katherine sighed again, more heavily this time, and started the long descent to the basement classroom. After about 4 minutes of climbing down, down, down, she finally reached the classroom and opened the door. It was freezing cold inside. Katherine shivered. The teacher, Professor Wilder, greeted her and asked her to take a seat. After everyone had arrived, Professor Wilder started about a five minute speech about the expectations, rules, and just about everything else do even do with the class (what the chairs were made of). The speech really wasn't all that long, it was just his slow, droning voice. Katherine yawned, not really caring about the speech. She had heard it all before. Her mind drifted to the theories that the group had shared that morning at breakfast, and before she knew it, she got paired up with Alexia, possibly the last person on earth she wanted to be with.

"The person I have paired you with will be your partner for the entire year, so I hope you will all be able to get along and work together," Professor Wilder droned on.

Ha, Katherine thought as she gazed at Alexia, who smacked her bubblegum and examined her nails, unknowing of Katherine's sarcastic gaze.

After a horrible potions class in which one of Alexia's fake purple polka dotted nails had fallen into their potion, Katherine went to Transfiguration, then to Charms, and last to Astronomy, which was one of her favorite classes besides art. Finally, it was lunch.

Katherine spotted Flora and went over to join her.

"Hey," Katherine greeted her as she grabbed a turkey sandwich and some fries.

Suddenly, a long package dropped into Flora's lap. She opened it to show a broomstick. Katherine grimaced, remembering her bad experiences with flying class last year. Flying was definitely not her strong suit, since she had a fear of heights. She had freaked out and ended up breaking two of her fingers on her right hand. It had been really hard to write. Eventually, after some practice, she was able to fly very shakily. In other words, if she didn't have to fly, she wouldn't.

Still, the broomstick was impressive.

"Whoa," she gasped. "Are you going to try out for the Quidditchi team, Flora?"

Sabrina finished her breakfast and got to her first class; potions. Sabrina didn't think this would go well. After a very long introduction, it was time to make something. "Today we will be making a shrinking potion." The teacher said. A shrinking potion!? Are they crazy? I barely know how to make soup! Sabrina thought. Her potion turned out a lot better than she had expected. "Miss Sappington 5 points to Gryffindor for an excellent potion. Well done." The teacher said. Sabrina smiled. She was starting to like potions. After Sabrina went to her other classes, she went off to lunch. She noticed Flora and Katherine. They were talking about something and Sabrina noticed a broom. Sabrina rushed over to them. "Is that a broom? I've always been interested in quidditch and all. I've always wanted to fly! That reminds me, I have flying lessons after lunch." Sabrina said.

"I suppose I have to try out now, with a new broom!" Said Flora excitedly. Then Sabrina said she had flying lessons after lunch; Flora smiled.

"It's the most magical moment of your life, Sabrina. Make sure to hold on to your broom tightly, those cheap school brooms are old and dusty."

After lunch, Flora quickly brought her broom up to her dorm and hid it under her bed so no one would see, then grabbed her books and went to Transfiguration, and then potions. Finally, she had a free period to go outside and try out her new broom. She was fair on her firebolt, but practice would make her loads better; the Quidditch tryouts were in a week, so if Flora even wanted a chance at getting in the team she'd have to practice every evening. This was unfortunate because Flora already had loads of homework. She had to stay up until midnight that night to finish her potions essay. The following week was just like the first day of school; Flora went to her classes, practiced flying on her firebolt in her free periods, and barely managed to finish her homework by 11:00 PM every night. This was why she was very relieved when the first weekend of the year came. Flora was also happy because Sabrina, Katherine, and she could finally spend some time together outside without worrying about work. It was a Saturday on a warm, fall day when the three sat down near an oak tree.

Katherine sighed, stretching her tired arms and yawning. Finally, the weekend. No classes, no homework, just a little bit of time to herself. She walked outside, breathing in the fresh autumn air. She spotted Flora with her broom under a tree. She walked over, her eyes taking in the beautiful colors of the falling leaves. Katherine sat down next to Flora, her shoes crunching the crisp dead leaves.

"Hey," Katherine greeted her. "How are your classes going? I'm doing pretty good, I especially love astronomy. I'm not doing so good in transfiguration though."

She turned to Sabrina, who had joined them. Remembering that she had mentioned a while back that she was taking flying, Katherine said, "How's flying going for you, Sabrina?"

"Okay...I've only fallen once." Sabrina said cheerfully. The past few days Sabrina had been at the library, reading up on a few things. First of all, Sabrina wanted to know what could have caused that noise, and second, magical creatures that could have caused it. Sabrina was about to talk about it, when a large rumble came over by the whomping willow.

Katherine jumped when she heard the rumble.

"What was that?!" she cried.

She looked around, it seemed no one else had noticed the loud sound, they were all talking and laughing and messing around as usual.

"Hey, guys..." Katherine said, lowering her voice. "Do you wanna go check it out? The sound?"

Sabrina rushed over to get a better look. Then, standing right before her, was a Crumple-Horned Snornack. Sabrina stared at it. Sabrina wanted to call for help, but she didn't. Sabrina ran to the library as fast as she could, grabbing her friends along the way. "We've got to find a way to stun it or something!" Sabrina said rushing towards a shelf all about Crumple-Horned Snornack. Sabrina pulled out several copies including some she didn't want such as, How to Care for Your Crumple-Horned Snornack. She rushed back to the Gyffindor common room, leaving her friends behind. Sabrina spent several hours reading on the subject until she found the perfect spell. It was now time for dinner. Sabrina sat down at the Gyffindor table looking happily at the large plates of pork chops. Sabrina helped herself to some pork chops and mashed potatoes. Sabrina also grabbed a treacle tart. She licked her lips and went off to write a letter to her mom. Sabrina grabbed Snowy her owl and grabbed a piece of parchment. Sabrina also grabbed her quill and the bottle of green ink that she had bought over the summer. Then she wrote.

Dear mom,

I am enjoying it here at Hogwarts. Early today I saw a Crumple-Horned Snornack. I went to the library and read some books on spells. I have made some new friends here. Love,

Sabrina

Sabrina finished her letter neatly on the piece of parchment and sent it off with Snowy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back