Have you ever lost a parent?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These stories are making me cry. :p

I'm so sorry for all of you.

I have both my parents, but only one grandma. The rest of my grandparents are dead.

My friend lost his father in 2005. He was in the army flying a plane, and it crashed. My friend is failing school now, and I'm really worried about him. :D

These stories are making me cry. :p I'm so sorry for all of you.

I have both my parents, but only one grandma. The rest of my grandparents are dead.

My friend lost his father in 2005. He was in the army flying a plane, and it crashed. My friend is failing school now, and I'm really worried about him. :D
I have only one grandparent and now live with only my mother. My brothers are both at college.

It's not surprising your friend is doing badly in school - these sorts of things change people's lives. I had very poor grades for a while at school during the time he was sick and after he died. I often had random crying outbursts, and once a kid made fun of me, I yelled and cussed at him so long. My teachers actually weren't mad at me, but dragged me away before I could start punching him. :rolleyes: I would do anything to have my dad back. I will never, ever, ever forget watching him dieing. It was the most terrible moment in my life. A lot of times I wish I had a more normal life, but I can't change what has happened. I lost count of the times last year I had a random outburst and had to talk to the school guidance counselor. This year I am doing much better. I still cry and think about him most every day, and I'm not very happy with my life at the moment, but I'm moving on. I know that's what he would want me to do.

I haven't lost a parent and it's no fair of me to say that i understand.. As i child tho i'd cry and cry about the thought of losing my mom. Yes, she's still alive but i have the tiniest tiniest glimpse of the pain if i did lose her and i'm absolutely scared. I've often told myself that i'd die without her. I love my entire family so much. So I have the greatest sympathy for all of you who have lost a parent

I have not lost a parent and i feel soo blessed that i have not. I don't understand how the other teens in my school just never talk to their parents! I watch them get out of their car, and their mom or dad says goodbye and they just slam the door :D what would happen if you never saw them again after that? It just burns me how poeple can do that.

My Friend lost her father in the 9/11 attack. He was a fireman. This time of year is really hard for her and no one even knows except very few people who she talks to him about. Her mother never wants to remarry and all her mother wants to do is move to porchigal (sp?) because thats where her family is, and she wants to get away from the place that the attack happend. But my friend can not leave her friends,i feel really bad for her :D

~Reanna

I feel so sorry for all of you guys, it must be hard to deal with.

My dad doesn't live here, he lives on the other side of the country, so when one night I had a dream he died, I called him right away because sometimes what I dream accually comes true, but thankfully this wasn't one of those times.

My dad died about four months ago of cancer. I hate when people say "I understand, my grandpa died.." They do not understand. It is so different. I cry about him a lot...sonetimes I dream about him....and sometimes I find my mom crying alone, looking at a picture of him or soething. It has really affected my family, and my life. For four months we knew that he could die any day. No words can describe how hard that was...Coming home every day from school asking "Is dad alive?" Thankfully, I never had to hear mom say "no.." I watched him die. And now I am more grumpy, irratable, dramatic..ugh! I hate it! I miss him so much. ;) :lol: :D B)
I am very sorry I will pray for you.I don't think any would under stade unless they were you.I hope you feel better.God bless.I am really sorry :(

I don't know my dad at all.

I don't know what he looks like, i just know his name is Phil.

He moved before i was born.

Then i went to live with my grandma just before my 6th birthday.

It upsets me to talk about it, alot.

I feel like the only child in the world to not live with there mum or dad.

My dad doesn't even know i was born...

That's what upsets me the most- i'm crying now. T.T

I thank God that I both my parents are alive and healthy.

It does make me sad though to hear about these things. It also worries me that these kinds of things could happen to my parents. I'm so sorry to hear about others' lost loved ones. But just remember guys, no matter what, they will always love you, and they will always be with you.

I lost one my great-grandma, I still remember the funeral. She was nice, and was buried about three years ago. We still have a picture of her, and I was little, about 7. So I wrote fake little notes with hearts. It was sad. I'm so sorry for all of you who don't have parents. :wacko:

All your storys are really sad... I'm so sorry for you all.

OMG... I've just had a thought. o.o I wonder if my dad IS still alive... I'll never know...

It kills me to hear my friends talking about their dads. It really does. :<

Last edited by a moderator:
I have only one grandparent and now live with only my mother. My brothers are both at college.
It's not surprising your friend is doing badly in school - these sorts of things change people's lives. I had very poor grades for a while at school during the time he was sick and after he died. I often had random crying outbursts, and once a kid made fun of me, I yelled and cussed at him so long. My teachers actually weren't mad at me, but dragged me away before I could start punching him. :mellow: I would do anything to have my dad back. I will never, ever, ever forget watching him dieing. It was the most terrible moment in my life. A lot of times I wish I had a more normal life, but I can't change what has happened. I lost count of the times last year I had a random outburst and had to talk to the school guidance counselor. This year I am doing much better. I still cry and think about him most every day, and I'm not very happy with my life at the moment, but I'm moving on. I know that's what he would want me to do.
It's good you are moving on from it. It's okay to grieve and heal, and it will take time, but remember not to constantly dwell on it especially if it's interrupting your life. Your father would want you to move on and enjoy life as well as remember him. I know my dad would of wanted the same thing.

When my father passed away, I was the first kid at my elementary school who had this happen...so they brought in grief counsellors and my teacher and principal at the time talked with my class. It was rather surprising not getting picked on for a while there since the really bad kids who gave me a hard time must of gotten a strict warning to just give me my space.

I wasn't that bad with my father's passing except it was a new change, and it was harder on my older sister knowing him longer than me. I still miss him as I tell others don't pity me or my family. It's almost been 11 years and sometimes people have to leave for a reason whether we know that reason or not. Empathy is more welcome than anything.

[SIZE=8pt]No, but my mom has, and he was killed in a car crash when she was 10. he was at a stoplight, and since he was a police man, he was in a cop car. Some stupid drunk driver came and hit him, and he died :rolleyes: He helped catch America's most wanted though...[/SIZE]

my dad died of cancer

its called llukemia (spl?)

it runs in my dads side of the family ...

my grandpa(still alive) and great grandma(nvr met) had it

so i amconstantly tested for it!

they doctors said i have a 8/10 shot of getting it....

Everybody I am very sorry

I do not understand the pain of losing a family member that you knew

I have only lost an uncle and a grandpa (that are in Italy) but I don't remember meeting them (Hey! I was 2!) but my dad does. When we visited Rome, we went to the graveyard and when he got to his brother's grave, he actually cried. I have never seen him cry. It was really sad.

The closest thing to my heart that I have ever lost, would be my mouse Doodle. And if losing her hurt me very badly, I can't possibly imagine losing a family member close to my heart.

No, I Never Want To Lose My Parents, And Hopefully Never Will. I HATE The "Death" Experciance

I Am REALLY Close With My Parents. And I Don't Want My Dad To Get Sick So Im Getting

Him To Eat Healthier And Take Walks

Im Sorry That People Lost Loved Ones

Ps: My Aunts Father Died About A Few Weeks Ago

[SIZE=8pt]My dad left my mom when i was 3 but i still talk to him....My friend Allison lost both of them so Every time I am about to say your mom or dad I say.... You mom.............is called what again?[/SIZE]

Well, he didn't die but he left us.

My daddy left my mom one year after my baby sister MaryClaire was born, wich was two years ago. He calls me and my sisters to say he loves us. He tells me I was his princess and that he loves and will never forget me.

MaryClaire doesn't remember much of him, so it doesn't effect her, but for me and my big sissy Jane, we think about him everyday and it hurts us to know he won't come to see us and we'll never see him again.

WannaBex3

Well, he didn't die but he left us.My daddy left my mom one year after my baby sister MaryClaire was born, wich was two years ago. He calls me and my sisters to say he loves us. He tells me I was his princess and that he loves and will never forget me.

MaryClaire doesn't remember much of him, so it doesn't effect her, but for me and my big sissy Jane, we think about him everyday and it hurts us to know he won't come to see us and we'll never see him again.

WannaBex3
Girl,I know how you feel my dad left me and my mom and we did not know where he went, he was gone for two weeks.After that my mom divorced him so it was hard on me cause I started getting worried alot and panicing,it was horrible!

This all happened 4 years ago though I am 11 now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back