Hello from a 90's kid recently back into Tamagotchis :) <3

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey, lovelies! :)

My name is Kay and I'm super excited to connect with all the fellow Tama lovers!! I was lurking on this forum for a while, and today I finally decided to create an account. I recently got back into Tamagotchis - I used to have a pretty huge collection when I was little (in the 90s!), but unfortunately I gave them all away. :( Now I'm 23 years old and I'm loving Tamas more than ever, maybe it's just a phase but I'm having fun while it lasts! I purchased the Tamagotchi 4U last month, it was more of a nostalgia thing, but honestly I was so impressed with how different and fun it was! I will be getting the Tamagotchi ID L soon and I'm really excited about all the fun new characters. :D

So happy to connect with you all! &lt;3 Would love to add some new friends on here. :) x x

Welcome! ^_^ I'm not a 90's kid, but I grew up with the Connection line and I feel very nostalgic for the franchise too. Do you have any plans to repurchase the ones that you gave away?

Welcome! ^_^ I'm not a 90's kid, but I grew up with the Connection line and I feel very nostalgic for the franchise too. Do you have any plans to repurchase the ones that you gave away?
Hey, thank you for the warm welcome &amp; so lovely to meet you! :wub:

And yes, Tamagotchi was pretty much my childhood, I'd love to get another Angelgotchi and a Dinkie Dino! Some of the ones I used to have are a little hard to identify from memory, though, but I've been looking at some amazing blogs and sites (found on here!) that have quite a lot of info. For now though, I just NEED to get my hands on that ID L, it looks so cute! What is your favourite version? :) Is it the Connection line?

You're welcome! It's lovely to meet you too. :)

Nice! I'm running a Tamagotchi Angel right now and it's really cute. If you're having trouble finding some of the pets you had, you should really check out a website called Tamenagerie. It probably has the biggest record of virtual pets online. A lot of them are from the 90's, too. ^_^ I'm not sure what my favorite version is honestly! It's been a long time since I ran my Connection Tamas but I have really fond memories of the Tamagotchi Mini. I think I have to play them again to really decide!

Ohhhh, thank you so much! ^_^ I just had a little look around and wow, what an amazing collection! I had one of the human baby ones but can't remember which version exactly, but yes this is definitely very helpful! And I suppose it's difficult to pick your favourite version with all the amazing tamas out there... I'm loving the 4U but I don't have a compatible NFC device so no downloads for me. :( I've also seen the Tamagotchi Friends in my local stores a lot lately, I'm tempted to buy it but the reviews seem quite mixed....!

I'm also a 90's kid and welcome back to the fandom! (Holy marshmallows I'm dating myself here lol)

I've recently returned to it as well after having one back in grade school. It's pretty awesome to see how much technology has improved the series "while we were away."

4U is pretty fun on itself - advanced yet simple enough especially for people just returning to the franchise... helps avoid being overwhelmed with all the bells and whistles.

Ohhhh, thank you so much! ^_^ I just had a little look around and wow, what an amazing collection! I had one of the human baby ones but can't remember which version exactly, but yes this is definitely very helpful! And I suppose it's difficult to pick your favourite version with all the amazing tamas out there... I'm loving the 4U but I don't have a compatible NFC device so no downloads for me. :( I've also seen the Tamagotchi Friends in my local stores a lot lately, I'm tempted to buy it but the reviews seem quite mixed....!
You're welcome! ^_^ It's a great website, Virtualpet.com also has a pretty good list but unfortunately they don't have as much information. 4U is one of the color Tamagotchis, right? I haven't gotten the opportunity to run one but they look really cute. Personally I like the Tamagotchi Friends, but I understand some of the complaints I've seen for them. It's basically a watered down version of the color Tamagotchis minus the aforementioned color. I'd suggest getting the Dream Town variant first, it's easier to get new characters on that one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TT!!! I'm glad you finally decided to make an account :D

With the Friends I'd recommend getting the Dream Town if possible or at least the Wave 2 (American version) of the normal Friends. But in all honesty I'd just get a used connextion off eBay.

P.S. I love that you said Hey lovelies. There's a YouTuber I watch who always says 'Hello, lovelies' at the beginning of her videos and it's so adorable :p

I'm also a 90's kid and welcome back to the fandom! (Holy marshmallows I'm dating myself here lol)

I've recently returned to it as well after having one back in grade school. It's pretty awesome to see how much technology has improved the series "while we were away."

4U is pretty fun on itself - advanced yet simple enough especially for people just returning to the franchise... helps avoid being overwhelmed with all the bells and whistles.

Thanks, lovely! ^_^ And yes you are right! I was like 'Whaaat?! *_*' when I found out that there are colour screen Tamas!!! Very much loving my 4U, currently trying to get a Spacytchi! I do wish I had a compatible NFC device though haha, the amount of downloadable characters is crazy awesome! What is your favourite tama? :) x x

Welcome to TT!!! I'm glad you finally decided to make an account :D

With the Friends I'd recommend getting the Dream Town if possible or at least the Wave 2 (American version) of the normal Friends. But in all honesty I'd just get a used connextion off eBay.

P.S. I love that you said Hey lovelies. There's a YouTuber I watch who always says 'Hello, lovelies' at the beginning of her videos and it's so adorable :p

Aw, thank you for the warm welcome, darling! :wub: Happy to connect! There are so many tama choices out there, it's almost overwhelming, haha. In a good way, of course!! I was looking through a list this afternoon thinking 'I WANT THIS!' about every single one. And aw thanks, that's how I usually start posts on my blog so perhaps that's just stuck with me!! Plus you are all lovelies. :D :D

You're welcome! ^_^ It's a great website, Virtualpet.com also has a pretty good list but unfortunately they don't have as much information. 4U is one of the color Tamagotchis, right? I haven't gotten the opportunity to run one but they look really cute. Personally I like the Tamagotchi Friends, but I understand some of the complaints I've seen for them. It's basically a watered down version of the color Tamagotchis minus the aforementioned color. I'd suggest getting the Dream Town variant first, it's easier to get new characters on that one.

Believe it or not I've spent the last half hour browsing the Virtual Pet website haha, so thank you for sharing!! :wub: Looking through these lists has helped me remember some of the old tamas I've had and I've been taking notes! And yes, 4U is the colour screen version. When I found out that there are coloured Tamagotchis I was like 'Oh my goodness I must have this!'. And it is amazing and so much fun. :D And thank you, I will take a look at Dream Town! &lt;3

Malfoy Edit: Merged posts into one.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey!! &lt;3 Your experience sounds awfully similar to mine, hehe. I also had a tama in the 90s and recently got back into them for nostalgia value, but jeez, they've really come a long way!

Welcome to the forums and I'm sure we'll get along well! :)

Thanks for the warm welcome, Pivot Poogie! :) And yesss, I'm so impressed with how much tamas have advanced, I love the old-school versions for nostalgia value like you said but the new ones are so much fun to play with &amp; so cute!! :wub: :wub: Lovely to meet youuu! x

Thanks for the warm welcome, SkrillexGotchi! :wub: Which Giga Pet are you running? :) I'm currently on a 3rd Generation on my 4U, and I bought Tamagotchi Friends today (found it at a local toy shop for cheap), and the screen hurts my eyes so much, haha! x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back