Hello!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

geckobutts

Reaction score
Hi all! My name is Brent, and i have just rediscovered tamagotchi thanks to a youtuber! I had my tamas all stored away until recently and am excited to boot up a couple of them as soon as i get home from holiday. My collection is currently very small- i own 7 pets, one being a digipet and the rest connection v3 and older! I'd love to own a v5 someday as i missed their release, and maybe a P's or a m!x someday when money isn't tight. I also have been collecting Pokemon for many many years and have amassed quite a nice pile of things.

I'm very excited to join here and see everyone's great collections and new gets!

Hey, Brent! Welcome to Tamatalk. :D

Connection V3 sounds like a cool version that I'd love to try someday. Lately I'm feeling more nostalgia for tamas from around that time period.

As someone else who wants to buy a P's, I agree that they're quite expensive right now! But if you keep saving and have a bit of money ready to go, you might get lucky and find one being sold at a cheaper price. I've seen it said that if you play the long game, many tamas at higher prices eventually go back down somewhat (except maybe fairly rare stuff like Devilgotchi). So here's to good luck for both of us!

Hello! Yeah, the V3 was my favorite back in the day. The only one i own is the plain silver shell.

That's what i hope to do, with it and the V5! I'd also love to trade for them if that's possible, i know some who have traded art and other things for tamas. Who knows, right? I wish you luck too!

Hi Brent!

That's a pretty funny username that you've got, there! :lol:

The thing about virtual pet collections, once you get back into this hobby, is that they seem to quickly start growing. I've learned this myself - I got back into things via the 20th Anniversary Tamagotchi Mini, and now I have a collection of seven, with two more on the way (plus my back-in-the-day virtual pets from 1997, which I'm pretty sure are still around here somewhere, but which are currently missing - I hope to find them at some point, if I can). I'd love to see how your collection currently looks, and where it'll be a little way down the line.

I wish you the best of luck with getting hold of a Tamagotchi P's!

Hi, Brent, welcome to TamaTalk!!

I recently got a 20th Anniversary M!X and I'm really enjoying it! I also quite like the P's, though I haven't run mine in a while - if you ever manage to get the money to buy either, it'll definitely be worth it!! The V5 is also one of my favourite connection versions, so I'm sure getting that will be worth it too!

Thank you everyone!! I'd love to post my collection but it'll have to wait until i can access my computer- and by then hopefully i will be able to do a log! I just discovered yours, Optimistic, and am loving it! It's inspired me to try my own, and i think it'll help keep me motivated. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Trading is definitely a big thing among collectors although you will have to look outside of TamaTalk. Without being too specific, there are big trading communities that should be easy to find on Facebook, for instance.

One thing I'm trying to tell myself to keep my purchases down some is that I don't have to collect everything at once. This has been a hobby since the 90s, and it shows no sign of stopping. Although there are some items that become rare or skyrocket in price, you can still find a lot of older versions readily available for reasonable prices. And if they're not reasonable now, maybe they will be once that particular tama's popularity kind of goes down.

Doing a log sounds like fun! I feel like I wouldn't have the consistency and camera readiness to do one for myself though lol. It's still fun to read everyone else's.

Doing a log sounds like fun! I feel like I wouldn't have the consistency and camera readiness to do one for myself though lol. It's still fun to read everyone else's.
I wouldn't worry too much about that - you don't have to include tons of photographs, or even tons of write-ups, after all. ;) If you want to create a log, just do your own thing with it and make it work for you!

^^ Exactly!! I personally like to include photos of major events, but if you can't or don't want to that's fine too!! (I use my phone, on which the camera has great clarity, to take photos, and I have that with me at all times, so I've always got a camera ready) Also you don't even need to be super informative in describing events - I think just a small write-up on major events that occur would suffice! But again, each to their own

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back