HELP! LOTS of problems lately. :(

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tenniswinner

December 2007 Contest Winner
Reaction score
I came back to TamaTalk today because I know I can always count on you guys to help me out when I have a problem.

Well, problem 1. On Thursday, I'm going to an indoor water park with my bff. My period is always late and I have a feeling it's going to come soon. Just in case, can someone tell me how to use a tampon? :D

Problem 2. I'm moving to NC soon, and school is starting real soon. I have never been so nervous in my entire life! My parents tell me I'll be fine and have friends and blah blah blah. It's not going to be that way, I'm almost positive. I am so quiet when I don't know anyone. I won't know where to go, and I'm afraid I'll look like a physcopath. :( Advice would be nice.

Problem 1: This site should help you. :)

You can also discuss your concerns about periods in this thread on Tamatalk. ;)

Problem 2: If you believe that you will never make friends at school, you might as well never do. The secret is to believe in yourself! On the night before school starts, take a deep breath, and encourage yourself as much as you can that you will try your best to get to know and make friends with other people. And if you don't know where to go, etc. ASK. Don't be afraid to ask others questions, it is completely normal for newbies to do so. Start by asking trustworthy adults e.g. teachers, and when you do have friends, you can always rely on them! And if you are still concerned, talk to someone about it. Tell your parents your true feelings, and suggest that they be more patient with your problem - hey, communication is the key to solutions! You may also want to talk to a friend, an older family member, or anyone you can trust to listen to your problems, such as a school counselor. Just remember to be honest and open about it.

Hope I helped ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Problem 1: This site should help you. :) You can also discuss your concerns about periods in this thread on Tamatalk. ;)

Problem 2: If you believe that you will never make friends at school, you might as well never do. The secret is to believe in yourself! On the night before school starts, take a deep breath, and encourage yourself as much as you can that you will try your best to get to know and make friends with other people. And if you don't know where to go, etc. ASK. Don't be afraid to ask others questions, it is completely normal for newbies to do so. Start by asking trustworthy adults e.g. teachers, and when you do have friends, you can always rely on them! And if you are still concerned, talk to someone about it. Tell your parents your true feelings, and suggest that they be more patient with your problem - hey, communication is the key to solutions! You may also want to talk to a friend, an older family member, or anyone you can trust to listen to your problems, such as a school counselor. Just remember to be honest and open about it.

Hope I helped ;)
Excellent points made ;) Couldn't have put it better myself.

Starting a new school is hard. Though I didn't move, I only had one frined going into middle school so I kind of know the feeling.

I'm not exactly a social butterfly but what I try to do is look for people that seem like they are either new or just as shy as I am. This way it's not so intimidating. If you meet a few people and get to know them, they might even introduce you into their group of friends, too.

Sorry I'm not much help here. I've kind of have a little bit of social anxiety but I'm sure you'll do just great in your new school. ;D

Try https://www.kidshealth.org/kid for your period problems. I think the puberty thing is located in the "growing up" tab on the side. Or you can just ask your mom how to do it.

And second, you really can't be shy on this. All you have to do is relax yourself, take a deep breath, and be yourself. Introduce yourself to a few people. You're likely to get a conversation going. Tell people that you're new to the school, they might help you out!

Good luck!

Well, when you go to the new school, if someone is being friendly to you, try to except it so you'll have a friend right away.

If they are all kinda ignoring you, maybe try talking to someone, or asking for help, try to keep a light spirit, as in laugh, but not too much.

I'm sure you'll make friends in no time.

ok im a guy so I can't help you with you tampon problem but I can help out with the new school.

OK first of all beg your parents not to go because it sucks being the new kid. (Beileve me I was there) Everybody makes fun of you and leaves you out. So all you have to do is make one friend, who's friends with another, then another and so on to work your way up the popularity chain. Then you retain your old spot on where you were in your old school then your happy again. (That's what I did)

Good luck

ok im a guy so I can't help you with you tampon problem but I can help out with the new school.OK first of all beg your parents not to go because it sucks being the new kid. (Beileve me I was there) Everybody makes fun of you and leaves you out. So all you have to do is make one friend, who's friends with another, then another and so on to work your way up the popularity chain. Then you retain your old spot on where you were in your old school then your happy again. (That's what I did)

Good luck
I don't think running away from one's problems is going to solve anything faster, but the rest of your suggestion is an interesting concept. Only thing I'd say could be better would be it's better to have a friend who's good to you and not as popular than having several friends who are popular treat you poorly...but to each their own.

I came back to TamaTalk today because I know I can always count on you guys to help me out when I have a problem.
Well, problem 1. On Thursday, I'm going to an indoor water park with my bff. My period is always late and I have a feeling it's going to come soon. Just in case, can someone tell me how to use a tampon? :lol:

Problem 2. I'm moving to NC soon, and school is starting real soon. I have never been so nervous in my entire life! My parents tell me I'll be fine and have friends and blah blah blah. It's not going to be that way, I'm almost positive. I am so quiet when I don't know anyone. I won't know where to go, and I'm afraid I'll look like a physcopath. :gozarutchi: Advice would be nice.
err.. do you know what a psychopath is????????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back