Help me please D:

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
First of all i hope that I am posting this in the appropriate category. I am only minutes old to this site so I'm kinda handicapped in everything I do ;)

Getting to the topic, whenever I try to open the Tamatown for Music Star Version 6, it always says, no matter how many times I refresh the page:

"Sorry, we couldn't connect you to the server. Try again later"

... or something along the lines of that.

Why isn't this working? Is it my computer? Are other people having these difficulties? Please contact me as soon as you can. Much thanks,

~NewestTamaFan95~

Welcome to TamaTalk! ;) It's working just fine for me so it may be something to do with your internet connection or maybe you just have to wait a little while before trying again.

Hmmm, well I tried again this morning and it still didn't work. I am considering the fact that it may be my computer. Thanks for the help,

~NewestTamaFan95~

hmmm.. its working perfectly fine for me i agree with oldschool tama its probably just your computer or ur connection.. is your computer old? :)

Well, no, my computer is fairly new. I am thinking that it is my connection because my brother let me try it on his computer(it cost me a dollar :angry: ) and it said the same thing. I might try it at the library tommorow.

Hello again! I think that Music City is known to be pretty glitchy. It started happening to me too, random messages saying that I lost connection with the server while I was in the middle of something. Same thing as you when I tried logging back in. Have you tried closing your browser and then re-opening it again, rather than just refreshing the page? It worked for me. Let's just see how long this will last (hopefully the site won't shut down anymore!).

I took your advice and closed and opened the browser but it still doesn't work :/ It won't even let me log in. It just stays at 0% :lol: I'm at a loss of words and don't know what to do. I think I'll google it :D

I took your advice and closed and opened the browser but it still doesn't work :/ It won't even let me log in. It just stays at 0% :lol: I'm at a loss of words and don't know what to do. I think I'll google it :D
Did you close it and open it again right away? I would wait about a minute between closing and re-opening. In my experience, even though you think you've closed down a program on a computer, it might still be "open" and just taking a while to shut down. The way you can tell if it's really closed is to press Ctrl+Alt+Del, and the task manager should open up. Click on the "Processes" tab and check to see if Firefox/IE/whatever browser you're using is on that list. If it hasn't disappeared from that list, it means the process is still running. You can either wait until it disappears naturally, or you can just click on it to highlight it, click on "End Process," THEN it should be completely closed. Hopefully it'll work if you try again like that. If it still doesn't work...well, I'm really at a loss. :(

Yes, I waited quite a bit before I re-opened it. Apparently though, according to Firefox, I am missing a plug-in. I clicked a button that said 'install the missing plug-ins' but it still doesn't work. However, my dad came home today and the site worked on his Mac. Too bad I'm not aloud to use his. :/

Google wasn't helpful at all, unfortunately, but it seems that a lot of others are having the same problem that I am having.

I wonder if the so-called plug-in I uploaded actually worked, though I downloaded it a multiple of times... :)

Hey, and thanks a lot for taking the time and answering my question :)

It works!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I turned off my anti virus thing and it works!!!!!!!!!!!I literally jumped for joy and swore out of pure happiness(it just popped out :p )! Thank oyu so much for your time you guys!! :) Best. Day. EVER! :)

Oooo, I'm finally glad it works for you but are you sure you want your computer's anti-virus program turned off? Seems a bit unsafe. :)

aww poooop. the computers at my community connections center do the same thing. and i know i cant turn off the anti-virus thing because they definitely wont let me. trust me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back