Help... me!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

snickerpie

Reaction score
My cousins came over yesterday, and I am SUPER worried. The littlest one (at age 4) caught pneanomia (sp?). Had thrown up and had a temp. of 103. ;) Ever scince 3rd grade I have been TERRIFIED of throwing up. And she started to...talk in her sleep. She said something like "Cut the reindeer out of line" :angry: or at least something along those lines. I have been crying to my mom ever scince I heard the news. Please help me! I could die! Eiether that or I am mixed up with polieo.

This could be EXTREAMLY serious. And I am the BIGGEST worrywort in the family. My plan is to take at least 3 showers tomorrow. Even they are supposed to leave tomorrow, I will spray EVERYTHING they touched. Mom said "Don't be a germ-a-foe". But I can be what I wanna be. Sometimes I even think I have it. Like the small bits of pressure in my chest and the stomaches(sp!). I DON'T WANNA HAVE HER DECICES (sp as well)!!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't worry!

Pneumonia is an inflammation of the lungs and therefore is not contagious. You may only catch lung infection if you get the same bcteria and your immunity system is weak. These bacteria often reside in the throat, but if your defenses are weak and you get damp, then they may get to your lungs.

Uhhh what spiffy said!! Lol don't worry. My elderly neighbor across the street had pneumonia last Christmas. My mom had me runnning plates of food back and forth from her. She never gave it to me, and I went in her house and everything. It's not contagious, so no worries.

But there is also another thing...

I accucally COULD catch it. I accidently left out some importent details. It started out as a REALLY bad cough. Then it developed. It didn't just start out as pneumonia. She is leaving today (thank you lord...thank you!!!), but my worst enemy is wearing an oxygen mask. And she had to do that! I'm so scared! I'm gonna start taking showers every day for 7 days. I'll see if that works.

Thanks everyone, you helped alot!

Sincerely yours,

snickerpie

Well, if you don't look after your cough, and get a bad immune system then you probably do develop pneumonia.

But if you keep warm, don't walk barefoot etc - there is no chance of you catching pneumonia. :)

You won't get it. Trust me. It is like cancer or somthing (tho not nearly as bad, so don't worry!) it doesn't spread like that. And you won't die from phemonia. See how many people you know that got it? None of them died. Only on rare occasions does it have any long-term effect. So don't worry :)

*BaBi*

Last edited by a moderator:
I think your overreacting with the spraying everything they touch, but yo can't help it- fair enough.

Phneumonia can't spread- it's - like spiffy said, and inflamation of the lungs, only bacteria and a weak immune system couldn cause that- so no owrries, your not going to catch it- for sure.

Just be very careful and keep eating the right 5 a day fruit, and exercising to keep yourself healthy so if you do catch anything- you'll have a good chance of recovering. :blink:

dont take to may showers, cuz your going to kill all of the good bacteria in ur body and on ur skin. Therefore, if u kill it then the bad bacteria will come and make u sick. Its ok to be exposed to some germs because it builds up ur immune system.

dont take to may showers, cuz your going to kill all of the good bacteria in ur body and on ur skin. Therefore, if u kill it then the bad bacteria will come and make u sick. Its ok to be exposed to some germs because it builds up ur immune system.
OMG i though you said "i dont take my showers" at first! good thing i re-read it! :mametchi:

Spam >.< That is not funny you know.

I would care more about your cousin then you because as you know, your not certain that you have got it and your cousin deferently has so there.

Like spiffy said, you've got nothing to worry about that. Pneumonia can't be spread around to other people and all that.

The thing about being germaphobic is that you could actually lower your immune system. Your body needs to encounter some germs so that it knows how to fight them off if there is ever a problem.

Something that we do when we are afraid of having an illness is that we start feeling the physical symptoms. Thats why you should never self diagnose. You could convince yourself you have anything.

So, take some vitamins, eat fruits and veggies and build up your immune system. You wont catch pneumonia but if you keep it up you are bound to catch something.

:(

Well good news.

I have the best immune system in the family. No downside there!

well, the pneumonia is probbably gone.

and she was probbably just having a bad dream about how she was at the north pole and one of santa claus' reindeer got caust in the rope thingy so the had to cut the ropes to un-stuck him.

don't worry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back