HELP! Stripped Angelgotchi Screws!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BuddiLuvsYew

Reaction score
I just got my slightly used Angelgotch in the mail this morning.

When I pulled out the tab, the batteries took a while to kick in, so I thought it needed new batteries.

When I tried to un-screw the backing, I noticed that the screws arent in the best condition, and they are TINY compared to the connections, and I am HORRIFIED of stripping them anymore than they already are ;)

I have the perfect size screw-driver for them, but when I tried to un-screw them, it just didnt seem to work :(

What should I do?! I just got my Angel, and I am so scared of not being able to use it once these batteries die!

Please help! Is there any way to unscrew them without any damage? Should I have my dad do it?

:(

you should try using a sharp knife to unscrew the screw, and then buy some new screws to put back in!

That happened with my P1 tamagotchi I got, I just worked at it for a long time, making sure I didn't strip them. It helps to use a paper towel or a cloth so you can grip the screwdriver better and unscrew them. The screws on the old tamagotchis are feisty little guys.

Also, please stop posting things whining and acting like you're twelve. Please try to act mature.

If the screws are just difficult now, you need to push on the screw as you are turning it. Maybe if you really want to, you could use a drop or less of WD-40 beforehand.

Be sure to wipe it off completely when you get it all opened up.

If it's already stripped and you can do nothing about it, you might have to drill out the screw which is easier said than done as you will have to find a drill bit small enough. It's not a standard size. It took me a couple of months to find one so I could drill out my Devil's screws.

Good luck

That happened with my P1 tamagotchi I got, I just worked at it for a long time, making sure I didn't strip them. It helps to use a paper towel or a cloth so you can grip the screwdriver better and unscrew them. The screws on the old tamagotchis are feisty little guys.
Also, please stop posting things whining and acting like you're twelve. Please try to act mature.
I understand that you have an opinion, but please be kind :blink:

Its kind of an urgent situation when you buy something important to you that you have invested time and money into, and find there is a problem with it that you can find no solution to. I wasnt purposely acting immature, I was just in a panic.

But thanks for the advice though :lol: The screws are rather tiny. The ones on the Connections are so much easier!

And thanks for the advice everyone! :lol: Hopefully I will be able to get those little buggers out.. LOL And before my Angel runs out of battery because I have no idea how old they are :blink:

Last edited by a moderator:
I understand that you have an opinion, but please be kind :blink:
Its kind of an urgent situation when you buy something important to you that you have invested time and money into, and find there is a problem with it that you can find no solution to. I wasnt purposely acting immature, I was just in a panic.

But thanks for the advice though :lol: The screws are rather tiny. The ones on the Connections are so much easier!
You could go about it much better, instead of being all "OMFG WHAT DO I DO!?!?!oneone!! Not a way to ask for help. OH and btw, since you bought it brand new and unused, there is no possible way the screws came stripped. If it were used, then yeah, there would a possibility that they would be. Also, how can it be "slightly used" when the tab was still in it?

You could go about it much better, instead of being all "OMFG WHAT DO I DO!?!?!oneone!! Not a way to ask for help. OH and btw, since you bought it brand new and unused, there is no possible way the screws came stripped. If it were used, then yeah, there would a possibility that they would be. Also, how can it be "slightly used" when the tab was still in it?
It was used, but on ebay it said it was like new? I dont know.

The seller had kept the original packaging and the tab and they sent the Tama tabbed in the package. Its in really great condition, considering how old it is and the fact that it is used, except the screws.. LOL

And I wasnt freaking out in all caps, or using TONS of exclamation points, or anything that you just claimed I did. You need to read the post before you go making false assumptions.

:D

I don't get how it would be used if it was still tabbed when you got it..that makes no sense. Oh and you did add an exclamation point to the end of every sentence practically.

Dude go battle somewhere else. Everyone does weird things in panic mode.

Well, I had my tama screws removed, but I had to completely remove the back. As in cut it in sections ... But I super glued them back...

If you ever get them out, get new screws asap.

If you have some really small pliers, I would use those.

If you use the screwdriver you have...You can put very quick drying glue one the end of the screwdriver and place it directly in contact with the screws. Turn gentally once the glue is dry... Make sure the glue is attached well into the grooves if there is any left...

This may or may not work. I used it on a yuki penguin and it helped but didn't remove the screws themselfs. But loosend them high enough to turn by hand and give the back wiggle room to get them out.

I don't get how it would be used if it was still tabbed when you got it..that makes no sense. Oh and you did add an exclamation point to the end of every sentence practically.
I only used an exclamation point twice....?

I guess the person kept the tab? I have no idea.

Dude go battle somewhere else. Everyone does weird things in panic mode.
Well, I had my tama screws removed, but I had to completely remove the back. As in cut it in sections ... But I super glued them back...

If you ever get them out, get new screws asap.

If you have some really small pliers, I would use those.

If you use the screwdriver you have...You can put very quick drying glue one the end of the screwdriver and place it directly in contact with the screws. Turn gentally once the glue is dry... Make sure the glue is attached well into the grooves if there is any left...

This may or may not work. I used it on a yuki penguin and it helped but didn't remove the screws themselfs. But loosend them high enough to turn by hand and give the back wiggle room to get them out.
Thats a great idea! :( (the glue thing)

Would hot glue work? or would it not stick enough?

Very creative idea :rolleyes:

And thanks for understanding my panicky-situation. At least someone does... LOL :D

Certainly. :)

I'm not sure about the hot glue... If you can get it so it's not sticking on the shell of the tamagotchi... It may work. Like puta rolled up paper to fit just inside the holes where the screws are... It may work...

I was thinking more along the line of fabric glue.

In all I would still recommend you do the paper thing... So you can protect the shell. That paint comes off fairly easily....

Another "Glue" idea... Gum. It does dry quickly... But I'm thinking it wouldn't be stick enough to grab and shape.

Or on a twist of the hot glue... Shape it into the screw/holes... Where the screws are... Gentally twist it into the screws. I have no idea if tha'd work or make it worse cause you have to deal with the glue parts that are being shaved off/into the screws...

Seriously, if you try those... I seriously hope it works for you.

It may include some talking to it and prying softly along the edges if you get them to move at all...

I figured a way to use hot glue directly. Put it on the screwdriver (Carefully) and then make sure to carefully touch the screw letting it dry there. (Hold it like you are going to remove the screws) Then once you can tell it's dry. Turn it like normal. It may work that way... Then repeat for the other screw.

Maybe that will work. If you try any of my random ideas... Let me know if they work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back