Help with Angelgotchi Batteries

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

booboo1

Reaction score
So I finally decided to open my Japanese Angelgotchi I got for Christmas. I read up on all the instructions and how to care for it, but when I pulled out the tab, nothing happened!

A few minutes later I started to look up if they came with batteries, and apparently they do. Now its making some chiming sound about every minute. I looked at the screen, and it looked messed up with a line falling down horizontally, and the icons would show up (It just chimed) every once and a while. What happened to it?

I'm probably going to take out the batteries and wait before I do anything else, I really dont want it to break. ><

Maaaan, I was so excited to start it (It just chimed again) up today! D:

Thanks for the help! ^^

Edit : I cant seem to get the backing off, and Dad's in the shower. The screen is just blank now (chime~) but its still chiming every minute or so.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it used? If so, it's probably warning you that it's a low battery and you need to change it. Try switching the batteries out and see what happens. Then ask you dad if that doesn't work.

GET THE BATTERIES OUT ASAP! with most of these tamas the batteries are like 10 years old and are most likely dead and corroded, they will harm it if they dont go

No, it hasn't been used yet.

It's still making the chime noise even after all this time, but we just got back from the store and got some screwdrivers and batteries for it.

New problem!~

We can't get the screws off, its just stripping them. Now I really dont know what to do. -.-

Press the rest button a couple of times. The screwdrivers could be wrong size and this will cause them to strip. Just try and push the screw driver in and twist hard. Otherwise I don't know. You will just have to buy a new one im affaraid :(

if the screws are totally striped, spray in some wd-40 and let it be for like a day. then try a screwdriver, if that STILL dose not work get out a drill or a pair of nettle nose pliers and try to pull them out

(keep in mind that this may cause some cosmetic damage)

Last edited by a moderator:
How's your angelgotchi? Are the batteries out yet?

If not, maybe try on of those eyeglasses screwdrivers (that come in the little kits). The point might work because it's smaller.

I hope your tama is okay...I love angelgotchis. *wishes luck*

Update~

We finally got the screws out but we cant use them anymore, dont ask me why, my dad got our NEIGHBOUR to come over and help. ^^;

But anyway, we're probably going to go to the store and try and get new screws, so hopefully it'll work!

I'll probably update tomorrow after we go. xP

Maybe I should start a log too!~ @____@

I have heard that the screws in those mini skateboards work well, and i think those are easy enough to find

oh and btw sorry for posting so much :mellow:

Update~

We finally got the screws out but we cant use them anymore, dont ask me why, my dad got our NEIGHBOUR to come over and help. ^^;

But anyway, we're probably going to go to the store and try and get new screws, so hopefully it'll work!

I'll probably update tomorrow after we go. xP

Maybe I should start a log too!~ @____@
The screws are probably too stripped/damaged to re-use. I agree with what was said before me; those toy skateboard screws work pretty good. (My v1's screws had to be replaced.)

You totally should do a log! I love angelgotchi; and I bet others would love to hear about your's.

I ended up using the screws from a glasses kit, but no luck.

It keeps turning off and off and restarting, even with the batteries in and the screws tightened.

Something must be wrong with the wiring or something, I'm so mad its not even funny. -.-

My mom said she paid $100 for this, and its not even working.

Any other ideas? -.-

You should make sure that the inside of the battery compartment is clean. Most of the 1996-97 tamas I got had leaked batteries, so I had to clean the insides. Otherwise you may have damaged it when you were taking out the screws or something. $100 for a Japanese angel though?! :eek:

Meep, I forgot to update the topic.

But anyway, it's working now so I'm happy ^-^

I still need to get better batteries but for now these ones will work. xP

Thanks for the help guys~ xP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back