HELP!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Caterpie

Reaction score
I have a big problem. Toay was the first day of school. The problem.... the new Spanish teacher! I signed up because the other teacher was nice and if you didnt understand something, she would help you... this guy is really rude. He kept saying stuff like "I fail more than 10% of my kids" "This is the first and LAST day I will talk to you in English, got it. After today is PURE Spanish!" "You are the smartest kids in the state" "This is a high school class" Its NOT a high school class, and we are NOT the smartest kids in the state... and we just had the option to take Spanish, we dont even know the basics... Im dropping out with one of my best friends for Study Skills... get my homework done, better that then lowering my perfect A grade point average...

He may be doing that just to kind of scare you into doing your work. He may just be telling the bad kids and the underachievers to get out and people who really want to learn to stay. Get my drift?

I would say if you can switch out later, try it for a few weeks. If you can't change it after a certain amount of time them well I guess you'll just have to decide. Either way, Spanish or study skills, they both have the potential to help you.

[Oh and BTW, Spanish is usualy considered a highschool course]

He may be doing that just to kind of scare you into doing your work. He may just be telling the bad kids and the underachievers to get out and people who really want to learn to stay. Get my drift?
I would say if you can switch out later, try it for a few weeks. If you can't change it after a certain amount of time them well I guess you'll just have to decide. Either way, Spanish or study skills, they both have the potential to help you.

[Oh and BTW, Spanish is usualy considered a highschool course]
Here its ot... any only kids whho get mostly As could get in Spanish... I dont think thats the case...

Well, in general, (at my school at least), we consider languages a high school class. We just split the class up into two years. My french teacher told us the same thing on the first day, and we talked in English for a lot. This year (my second year of the one year course), we still talk a lot in English.

Just give it a month, and if you really are having trouble with it, go to Study Hall. Anyways (since you're obviously not in highschool yet), your GPA doesn't really matter. If you get a B+ in the class, so what? You're still learning something new. It will be better because then in highscool you will already know some of a language.

Well I'd say talk to your counslor about the whole switching deal and if you can try it or not. Obviously he can't fail a everyone in your class because none of you knows Spanish. ;]

Well I'd say talk to your counslor about the whole switching deal and if you can try it or not. Obviously he can't fail a everyone in your class because none of you knows Spanish. ;]
He says we all do, I put what he said words "You all know Spanish well, this should be no problem" and he said he failed more than 30% once...

Well, in general, (at my school at least), we consider languages a high school class. We just split the class up into two years. My french teacher told us the same thing on the first day, and we talked in English for a lot. This year (my second year of the one year course), we still talk a lot in English.
Just give it a month, and if you really are having trouble with it, go to Study Hall. Anyways (since you're obviously not in highschool yet), your GPA doesn't really matter. If you get a B+ in the class, so what? You're still learning something new. It will be better because then in highscool you will already know some of a language.
Im almost am in high school though... GPA kinda is important where I am.... High Honor Roll is a big deal... I need to stay on it...

He says we all do, I put what he said words "You all know Spanish well, this should be no problem" and he said he failed more than 30% once...

Im almost am in high school though... GPA kinda is important where I am.... High Honor Roll is a big deal... I need to stay on it...
Well don't be scared of him. If he really thinks y'all [yes, I live in the south! xD] know Spanish already, he's soon going to find out otherwise.

Your GPA doesn't count UNTIL highschool. Grade are important- and you need to know if for highschool- but it really won't kill you to get a B.

Well don't be scared of him. If he really thinks y'all [yes, I live in the south! xD] know Spanish already, he's soon going to find out otherwise.

Your GPA doesn't count UNTIL highschool. Grade are important- and you need to know if for highschool- but it really won't kill you to get a B.
All of my cousins are southern, it dont bother me! Plus... I kinda rather would have study skills... He talked in Spanish more than half the class... no one understoond it... and I cant have getting off on high honor roll happen right now...

xD Yeah, I like saying that!

Study skills will help you so if you really don't want to learn Spanish, I would highly suggest that also.

Well, I'm not very good in French, but I still get A-s and get on the Superintendants Honor roll (the highest one). Grades are not important until highschool (anywhere), and even then it's mostly your sophmore, junior, and senior years that count. What is important is that you learn as much as you can to be prepared for highschool. Which includes trying another language. Try something before it matters if you do well or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, I'm not very good in French, but I still get A-s and get on the Superintendants Honor roll (the highest one). Grades are not important until highschool (anywhere), and even then it's mostly your sophmore, junior, and senior years that count. What is important is that you learn as much as you can to be prepared for highschool. Which includes trying another language. Try something before it matters if you do well or not.
Actually grades matter all the time! This kid got heald back she was supposed to be in 7th. Everyone else went on, that could REALLY effect her. Grades matter all the time .... not kidding ...

What grade are you in? 6th? 7th? 8th?

WOW, he's seems really strict I would CRY, lol. I would get frozen If I was asked a question in spanish!

Actually grades matter all the time! This kid got heald back she was supposed to be in 7th. Everyone else went on, that could REALLY effect her. Grades matter all the time .... not kidding ...
If she gets something below an A in an elective, she won't get held back. Grades are important, but the most important thing is to learn. Grades are not he most important thing in the world, and not getting an A won't ruin anything. At my school even if you don't get straight A's, as long as you get above a 3.7, you can still get into the Junior Scholarship thing.

I have a problem with Spanish too. Like the teacher is good and all BUT THERE ARE SO MANY GIRLS WHO GIGGLE AND ALMOST ALL THE BOYS MAKE UP NASTY/CRUDE JOKES AND ARE REALLY MEAN AND DISTRACTING AND TELL LIES!!!!!!! It is hard to work in that enviroment.

I don't think he was truthful about failing 10-30% of his students.

The main reason I think that is because when students fail, it makes the teacher look like she/he isn't doing their job.

If he supposedly did that every year, the school wouldn't have kept him.

What grade are you in? 6th? 7th? 8th?

WOW, he's seems really strict I would CRY, lol. I would get frozen If I was asked a question in spanish!
grades matter here.. alot...

And all im saying is not in 6th...

Hes nasty... id rather take Latin later...

And Sweet Kandi, he is new. HOpefully he wont be here next year....

If she gets something below an A in an elective, she won't get held back. Grades are important, but the most important thing is to learn. Grades are not he most important thing in the world, and not getting an A won't ruin anything. At my school even if you don't get straight A's, as long as you get above a 3.7, you can still get into the Junior Scholarship thing.
Well, I don't go to your school so I don't know how it works. I'm a straight A student and not getting an A is un-familiar to me. I'm sure it's not the end of the world when it happens but my parents told me grades always matter. Because when you get good grades that means you're learning and listening :unsure:

Well, I don't go to your school so I don't know how it works. I'm a straight A student and not getting an A is un-familiar to me. I'm sure it's not the end of the world when it happens but my parents told me grades always matter. Because when you get good grades that means you're learning and listening :unsure:
I have it taking care of....

Sure, grades do matter, but remember it's not the end of the world if you don't get an A! You can get a B and still know your stuff but sometimes people have a harder time at somethings than others.

Trust me, the sooner you learn that getting a B or even a C or lower will not kill you, the better.

I'm sorry for double someone plz delete this :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back