Help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You should respect your mothers opinion.
But, if you wanna go on it that badly, maybe compromise like bratzroxg.

Maybe get you AND your mom to get a facebook, so she can be in it aswell. If she doesnt like on part of it, she can say "Dont go on that part please"
This is a good idea.

Go to her, explain that this is for contact with friends and ask her to be apart of this experience. She's probably worried about the unknowns of the web so if she's actually on the page to check on you then she'll feel better about it.

If this doesn't work do not bother her about it again. Ask in six months. Long time, yes, but pestering will get you nowhere!

BTW: You don't have to be 18. I used my real age and I'm under 18 and I know I'm legal on there.

And anyway, isn't that the whole point? To have your friends on there? Lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
Harumph.
"All my friends have one"

Make your own trends.
[SIZE=11pt]I agree[/SIZE]

Facebook isn't the # thing in the world. [ibelivetosomepeoplethattwilightisbutthatsanotherstory]

Like Never Ending Abyss said, "Make your own trends"

Sure there are many awesome trends to follow these days, But whats more fun is being Unique and Creating something New.

Just Because Everyone else has facebook, That doesn't Mean its absolutley nececsary for you to have one too.

If your friends fell out of a tree because everyone else was, would you do the same?

I do have a Facebook though, But I'm not as into it as I was before, alot of my family members are on it, Ones I don't really talk to, and can only keep in touch with on facebook, since i hardly ever IM anyone anymore.

And I used my Real Name, and Age.

My mom doesn't really care, as long as nothing innapropriate happens.

She's more addicted to Facebook than I am.

But imo, facebook is boring. Bebo is more fun, more Colorful and stuff

Facebook is all dull and Blah.

Unless you have a thing for the color white, and Various shades of greyish blue.

But If I had to choose between facebook and Myspace, I'd pick facebook.

Simply because Myspace confuses me.

If you do want a Facebook, and your mom doesn't want you to have one

You don't have to use your real name,

example, If your name was ABCD EFGH [....But I doubt your names the alphabet, just an example though. xD]

You Could always Put a Nickame or something.

Or You could have your Mom make an account for you, That She'd be allowed to check, the account would be in her name, But You'd be able to add your Friends.

Anyways, Thats all I have to say.

Remember. The internet can be a dangerous place, Be safe, and Remember to get a Parent/Gaurdians permission before going on a site you May be unsure about.

~Acid

Lie doesn't revolve around Facebook, Myspace or Bebo.

You can keep in touch with your old friends by phone. Or email. What ever happened to writing letters to eachother? I found writing letters to my old friends very exciting :D

Just because everyone else has one doesn't mean you need one. You should do what your mother says and move on.

Try calling up your friends and asking, "Hey, can you make an account on _________, it's really fun." Just make sure the website is a website your mother allows you to use.

If you're still not enjoying my advice, then you could ask your mom if you could have a Facebook that she can check on, in other words, she can just choose whenever, sit down in a chair, and scurry over the website to see what you're up to.

My mother allows me to have a MySpace but she comes to check on what I'm doing from time to time. Before, she wouldn't let me have an account but then she told me I could if I let her check on me from time to time.

Lastly - you don't always need to talk to your friends.

Before I became the 'lone wolf' people think I am now, I decided to let go of a few friends because they wanted to much of me. They followed me on every website I went on and all in all ended up coming across as the most annoying people I've ever met.

Before anyone flames me saying I'm making assumptions or whatever else you want to say, I just added it on 'in case' this is the situation. Just in case, that's it. And I don't think a few extra sentences will do anything much, eh? ;3

EDIT; Only because I can't spell. ;D

Harumph.
"All my friends have one"

Make your own trends.
Ahyes. I had to make one more post.

It's all about originality my dear.

If your friends all jumped off cliffs would you join them? Uhnaw, I though so.

Ahyes. I had to make one more post.
It's all about originality my dear.

If your friends all jumped off cliffs would you join them? Uhnaw, I though so.
No.. but if all your friends are on a single site which makes communication easier, it's not "just cuz".

Saying "all my friends have a bf so I want one" is one thing - saying "all my friends have them and this is the easiest way to keep in contact with all on one medium" is another.

And as far as I'm concerned, saying "all my friends are jumping off cliffs so I'm going to too" is COMPLETELY unrelated. :D

^that's exactly what I wanted to say, tamaw/pants.

and just for the record... i hate myspace xp lol

No.. but if all your friends are on a single site which makes communication easier, it's not "just cuz".
Saying "all my friends have a bf so I want one" is one thing - saying "all my friends have them and this is the easiest way to keep in contact with all on one medium" is another.

And as far as I'm concerned, saying "all my friends are jumping off cliffs so I'm going to too" is COMPLETELY unrelated. :p
I guess so, but it's also about what your parents want. :3

This will probably count as an excuse, but I have pretty much no friends in real life, so sometimes I have a hard time understanding things on friendship.

I guess so, but it's also about what your parents want. :3
Of course. n..n

My mom got in on it - she's on it as much as I am! :p

Just depends on the parents' rules which should be respected. ;D

Of course. n..n
My mom got in on it - she's on it as much as I am! :p

Just depends on the parents' rules which should be respected. ;D
That's pretty cool :3 , but my mom and dad would probably never even consider a MySpace/Facebook.

All my dad does on the computer besides work is play a game called MapleStory, he's about level 50, it's kind of funny. xD

My mom joins all these forums, so she lets me join ones I want to.

My dad could care less. He only goes on the computer when he absolutely has to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back