HELP!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TAMAFAMiLY08

Reaction score
Help Me! I like to dress in black and pink but I am NOT gothic! Seveal people have labeled me that and now avoid me. Not to sound all "Oh plz cry me a river",But I think it's affecting how people see me. Most people think I'm weird now. Any Help?!? thnx! :)

I'm always wearing black. My brother makes fun of me. I even have black shoes and socks. xP I say:

"So what? Black matches everything, and it makes you blend in!"

I know. I have horrible advice.

Best of luck!

Gee, that's abit harsh.

Everyone has the right to be dressed in whatever they want and not be labelled. Just be who you wanna be. If you feel comfortable in black and pink then by all means, dress in it. Its their problem that they dont appreciate you for you, and you should always be proud of yourself for who you are.

So dont let those people get to you, they're just some in-considerate...-well, I better not swear-

I've got only one piece of advice for you. Suck it up and ignore them. No matter how people act, they will always get labeled as something, there is hardly anything you can do to stop it.

Just dress the way you want to. What you wear usually reflects your character and personality etc, but if you just like the colours, then it's fine. I went through a couple of weird phases - I bought loads of blue clothes, then pink, now just whatever appeals to me.

Ignore them - even if it's hard. Only if they start bullying you physically or verbally (is that a word? I mean like, calling you names yada yada yada) should you take ACTION. It's not your fault you wear those clothes. Everyone will sooner or later be classed/labelled as something mean or unnecessary. In fact, I get called a nerd because I get good test results and the Young Gifted & Talented people have asked me to join them or something like that. They have some website and I've been on it but it kinda confuses me =/

ANYWAY...

Just be yourself and choose/wear clothes you will be happy with ^.^

Best Wishes,

barky

When someone may say "Oh look, it's the goth" Walk right up to them, with a big smile in your face, laughing. then say "If I'm a goth, would a goth act like this?"

Then walk away, still smiling. If they still do it, ask them "If I'm a goth, tell me why I am a goth."

When they bring up your clothes, just say "It clothes. If I wore pink miniskirts and bright red lipstick, would I be a 'prep'?"

I've done it before, it got them to shut up pretty fast.

just try to leave the least "goth" impression possible on people. (try to wear less black and pink, etc so people will stop labelling you)

you can't change what they said about you, but you can at least stop it from happening

Well people label people according to their 'style' these days. I wear normal clothes, not any certain fashion, and classified as 'That other kid'

If you are determined to prove otherwise, try wearing normal clothes for once! Like jeans and a T-shirt...

Gothic? Did I not get the memo? Is goth now black and pink? I would label that as pop-punk, kinda like Avril Lavigne... But seriously, do you care what other people think. I get called emo and goth every single day and I manage to block it out. The only thing to do is ignore them and roll your eyes.

Edit: paper*cut, I do NOT suggest that she should change what she wears. It would just make her unhappy, uncomfortable, and possibly mad.

Last edited by a moderator:
So, you're labeled?

Now you know how everyone else in the world feels.

Just ignore it. If someone wants to criticize you for being you, they're not worth your time.

It's just a label. How someone sees you.

I honestly have lost all touch of what, "gothic," "emo," etc truley are these days. (Styles of music...?) So if the definition of, "goth," is someone who wears black, then you're being viewed/labeled correctly, aren't you?

I mean, we all label people. I'll see someone in the hallway, and I'll automatically catagorize them by there appearence - most of the time subconsiously. Is there anything wrong with that? No, there isn't, unless it turns into a bullying issue.

So just don't worry about it. Be happy with who you are. It's honestly not a big deal and nothing to worry about. :unsure:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back