Help!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

LoVeMeFoReVeR

Reaction score
Okay, so I'm 14 and in the 8th grade. My friends, (Not friends with them anymore) have been calling me some pretty bad names lately. Since I happen to like more guys than usual, they have been calling me a slut, or hoe. (Sorry for the language!) But it's not like I go out and get drunk and have sex with them. Right? I mean like this one girl I know, she's already doing that stuff, and she's the same age as me.

Another thing too!

One of my friends that I mentioned above, is really spoiled. She is really mean to everybody except for me. But the thing is, I hate going over to her house. Because all she does, is yell scream, punch, and cuss at her mom. And she never apoligizes after. And I just sit there speechless. And this one day, she wanted to go to the mall for one CD, and the didn't have it, so she MADE her mom drive her to the mall THREE hours away. A couple days later, she wanted me to go the Universal City Walk with her to meet one person who she met over the internet. Way older than her. And her mom was just going to leave us there and pick us up later. Well, I really didn't want to go, so I told her no, and she went balistic! She started screaming, "WHY WHY?". She started to cry and the whole nine yards. Then I was trying to calm her down, and she told me just to forget EVERYTHING! So I was guessing she meant our friendship. I haven't talked to her since, and everyone keeps telling me just to forget her. My mom really didn't like her, because of the things she did. So now I really don't want to speak to her ever again either. But every once in a while, I'll go on her Facebook page, and she's still talking bad about me. And all of our friends can see it on her page! What should I do? Just leave her be? Or ask her to stop talking about me like that?

Much help would be appreciated!

Well for your first problem, it's happened to almost all girls before. Unfortunately, the word slinging of "hoe" and "slut" is at a high right now, because it's supposedly cool, and kids are growing up way faster now. You know that you're not as promiscuous as they say you are, and that's all that matters.

They're just being immature and using this new vocabulary to be nasty. I don't know what kind of help you want with this, but just ignore them and they'll stop and move on. Or, if they're your friends, explain how it hurts your feelings and how it's rude, and maybe they'll stop that way.

The second problem, is a bit more touchy. This girl obviously overpowers her mom in the family situation, taking charge as "alpha-girl" in the house. I had a friend like this, and ultimately, she got into some bad stuff and I cut contact with her with no hard feelings. Judging by what you're saying, she's a little too privileged for her own good, and needs a reality check.

You've (by what I assume) have been a good friend to her, and for her to just flip sides like that is totally disrespecting your relationship. She has no right to talk publicly about you. If I were in your situation, I would try ignoring it, because what she is looking for out of you is a reaction, and also a false support group from Facebook friends. An alternative, is to try and call her on the phone (NOT computer!) and talk things out - don't get into a heated argument, but patch things up while trying to distance yourself as friends. The reason you should call is because you're going to be able to express yourself a lot better through speech, and she won't be as mean as she would be behind a computer screen. By phone, she might be a bit more understanding.

Good luck with everything, and if you need more advice PM me.

As for being called a slut, you know it's not true, so just ignore it. Whenever someone says things like that, they're just looking for a reaction, so don't give them the satisfaction and they'll stop.

And if that particular friend, or any of your friends, say these mean things about you, you might want to consider whether or not to continue to be friends with them. If it just happens once, your friend might just be upset about something that has nothing to do with you and is taking it out on you, in which case you can work it out later. If it happens repeatedly, then they're not really being a good friend, now, are they?

I would just leave her be. She probably wants to get a reaction out of you. If you let her know she upsets you, she gets what you want. I would try to make new friends and forget about the whole thing.

I agree with the others. I don't think this is as big of a deal as you think it is. I understand you're upset that she called you those names, and she had no right to say that about you, but stay strong. Hold your head up high and act like you don't care. She'll get over it eventually.

This girl just seriously needs a reality check. She'll learn the hard way when she's out on her own in the real world and realizes that she can't get everything she wants and boss people around.

Just hang out with your other friends who aren't spoiled brats. :) xD

I would just leave her be. She probably wants to get a reaction out of you. If you let her know she upsets you, she gets what she wants. I would try to make new friends and forget about the whole thing.
This.

Makes a lot of sense :kusatchi:

Seriously, she's not worth your time - infact, you could say exactly that if anyone asks you if you've seen her badmouthing you on fb

To me, sounds like a case of bullying. seen it too many times. stopped bout half of it. i try my best.

The people who are calling you that are very mean.

You don't deserve to be called those words. heck no one should be called that.

I know how you feel. This happened to me numerous times. The best thing to do is what everyone else is saying. But the thing I did was I ignored them and moved on. I made other friends that treat me with great respect. Hope I helped a bit. Plus you dont deserve to be called hoe\slut, just keep on being who you want to be :ichigotchi:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back