Hey guys i began a book a bit ago...

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

kandi kween

Reaction score
The Realm of Aldenmor

By:Kandi

Chapter 1:

~The Journal~

Kara leaned into the shovel plunging it into the soft dirt. Her long black hair hung loose over her shoulders and she quickly flicked it behind her. She heard a voice above her. “Oh, come on Kara you aren’t going to find going to find anything. You have been trying for three weeks.” said Kayla, rolling her eyes.

Kayla jumped off the tree she was sitting on, Erica following close behind.

“Kara you know she is right. I’m not usually one to tell people to quit but I really think you should give up.” said Erica timidly.

“For one thing, Kayla is not right,” growled Kara, “As a second thing, I know something is here. I felt something was here, and I think it is going to change our lives.”

Just then her shovel hit something with a muffled thud. Kara looked down in surprise. “I found something!” she screamed with excitement.

Kayla looked on with mild interest, while Erica jumped in the hole, her brown hair in its usual bandanna, flew up and landed over her eyes. “Arrgh.” she said as she put her bandanna back in place.

Throwing her shovel out of the hole, Kara carefully eased her finger around the object and pulled it out of the dirt. It was only a journal. Kara sighed with disappointment, just before something caught her eye. “Whoa,” she whispered, “this is way weird. Look at this.”

Erica peered at it and her gray eyed widened with wonder. “Kayla, you have got to see this!”

Kayla nonchalantly jumped in to the hole and started walking to the other girls. She stopped mid-way. She too has noticed what was so weird. The journal was in another language, almost unearthly, but weirder still was the little symbols underneath the title. “What does it say?”

“I don’t know!” said Erica, “Maybe if we open it up it will give us some clues?”

Kara sighed. “I already tried. It’s locked.” For some strange reason they suddenly knew what it said and all at the same time they whispered, “Aldenmor.”

With a click the journal opened and they stared at each other. Kara’s midnight blue eyes met with Kayla’s green ones and with a nod as their only signal, Kara opened the journal all the way. Suddenly, they heard a faint buzzing and saw a blinding flash of blue light, then… blackness.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chapter 2:

~The Last Kingdom of Aldenmor~

Erica was the first to awake, and when she looked around she was confused. Instead of being in her forest, she was in a meadow. She laid back down, and closed her eyes. “I must be dreaming,” she thought, “I passed out in the forest and now I am having a dream of being in a meadow… but it feels so real. The grass is so soft and a perfect shade of green. Wait, what am I saying? I’m dreaming, I’m dreaming, I’m dreamin-“

“Erica! Kara! You guys awake? Come on lug heads, something going on.”

“Ok, I’m not dreaming.” thought Erica, “Kayla is always nicer in my dreams.”

“Okay, okay, I’m getting up Kayla.” Erica sat up and blinked her eyes. It was so bright out, she could barely see.

Kayla appeared besides her. “Huh.” She said, “Definitely weird. Hmmm, where’s Kara?”

“I don’t kno-“started Erica.

“LOOK OUT BELOW!!!” Screamed an-all-too-familiar voice.

Erica and Kayla looked up just in time to see Kara jump off the oak that they where leaning against. From habit they scrambled out of the way so she could land on her feet, as usual, but this time she surprised them by moving just in time to land on them.

“Oof!” Said Erica, “Get off me you, oaf.”

“Will do.” Giggled Kara as she scrambled off her human mattress,” While you guys where sleeping, I did some exploring. You wouldn’t believe this place. It is so amazing! Look over there!” Kara pointed to the north and the other girls followed her finger. Kara was pointing just over the meadow at this beautiful city-like structure. There was a white marble wall around the area and an iron gate. They couldn’t see much but their eyes were drawn like magnets to a castle. It was white marble, like the walls surrounding it, but with a magnificent red roof and a great, floating, glowing ruby floating just above the peak of the roof.

“Wow!” squealed Erica, “that is so cool!”

“Yah it is…”said Kayla reluctantly.

“Let’s go there right now.” Kara boldly demanded.

Before anyone could answer, she bounced off towards the gates, a ball of mischief, happiness, and trouble waiting to happen. In a hurry Kayla and Erica rushed after the time they her, although they didn’t know why. Knowing her she would be friends with half the kingdom by the time they reached her. “Darn, how does that kid never get tired? She has enough energy to light New York.”, thought Kayla enviously.

They both looked up ahead to see, Kara talking to a guard. The guard nodded as she talked animatedly, and pointed at them. They were approaching Kara when the guard looked up and shouted, “Hurranama!” Slowly, the iron gates opened, and as she walked through Kara said, “Ranaku!” and smiled.

Kayla said “Whoa, what language was that?”

Erica and Kara look up at her, puzzled. At the same time they chorused, “English…”

“No way was that English.”

“Umm yah it was. He said open and I said thank you. Maybe you just imagined it not being English.”

“Yah maybe I did…”

“Well anyway,” Said Kara, “He said the queen wanted to see us. I asked how do you know it is us. And he said that he recognizes us for our strange clothing from the prophecy... I asked if we could go in to the city, and he let us in. So now we must go to the, um, palace.”

“Oh and Kayla?” said Erica.

“Mmmm?”

“Since we are seeing the queen, you may want to fix your hair…”

“What?” Kayla reached up and touched her hair. Her usually neat, braided red hair was in a mess. As she pulled out her braid and slowly raked her fingers through her hair, she looked over at her two friends. Although Erica’s bandanna had fallen out, her brown hair still was perfectly parted down the middle. As for Kara, her hair seemed untouched. Just like in the morning her neat, black hair was perfectly parted down the middle, straight, except at the bottom where it curled into three perfect spirals, each swirl separated every have inch or so. She was so jealous of their always neat hair.

“Oh man I wish I had a brush.”

“No luck.” said Kara clearly enjoying Kayla’s frustration.

Finally they reached the gates of the castle, and the guard raised an eyebrow at their clothes. “Umm, we were sent here from the iron gates…” started Kara.

“I know.” The guard said simply.

“So can we come in?” said Kara.

“Yes.” said the guard.

“Well, would you open the door?”

“Sure.” said the guard, as he opened up the door.

“Sheesh.” said Kara.

“Hey, Erica,” Whispered Kayla, “Why can I understand him now?”

“Dunno.” whispered Erica as she stepped inside.

“Welcome, to my home.” said a sweet, melodious voice. A woman appeared from behind one of the pillars. She was beautiful. Her hair was the color of warm honey, and her velvet brown eyes looked over each of them in turn. Her skin was very pale from years indoors, and you would soon realize she was elfin, for her ears were a bit pointed. “My name is Queen Felena. Welcome to the Kingdom of Elementals, the last of Aldenmor. ”

Chapter 3:

Destiny, Fate, and Being Chosen

“I hope that you didn’t have to hard with the portal. Sometimes it gets a little bit bumpy and you may not first understand our language, or maybe suffer from extreme sluggishness. It doesn’t happen often but still, it could happen.” Said Queen Felena solemnly.

The three girls just gawked at her. After a few minutes of silence, Kara finally looked up and met the young queen’s gaze. As their eyes met the she smiled, but only for a moment. The smile was gone as quickly as it came. “Dark times are descending on us.” She began, “We need your help."

Well thats all i got so far... U like??? ~Kandi

Last edited by a moderator:
As the story goes on, the girls are on a quest to find the lost kingdoms (Moon, Sun, and Sky) They also find out that they are guardians of these kingdoms (one each!) they also bond with fighting partners (Kara= wolf kayla=tiger erica=eagle) and if their animals die so do they. :] They each have to be chosen by a weapon too (same as animals) and i chose a bow and arrow for erica, a staff(magical) or sword (cant decide between thw two) for kara, and a spear for kayla. Lastly they can 'become one' with their animals (morph into them), talk to them, etc.

I explain practically all that stuff in chapter 3 except them being guardians... XD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back