hhheeeeellllllllllllpppp!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

tamarsc

Reaction score
hi every1!

do u have any tips 4 puppy training or vicious dogs cos my friend needs help!

plze reply!

~tamarsc~

plze help! im desperate

Last edited by a moderator:
just stay persistent when training them it will all work out and besides there are no short cuts 4 traing an animal

Teach them early and have some treats on hand. Training my dog to sit, shake paw, lay down, speak as well to return the ball back when playing fetch required repeating yourself more than once and rewarding the dog when they do it correctly. You'll know if your training is working when you don't need to repeat the command as much.

Patience is also essential, as well as keeping one's cool. Dogs I notice tend to respond better to a calm firm voice than you getting upset and screaming at them. Just keep it up and you should have your dog doing tricks in no time :) As for behaviour, when they growl or bark when you don't want them to, make sure you don't wait until later to punish them. Their memory isn't like ours so make sure they know immediately if you don't like what they are doing.

If the dog is 'vicious', your friend should probably be going to a 'doggy school'. They work very well, especially if your dog isn't very good with other people/animals. Puppy school also really helps (and because I think it's a puppy (unless she has two dogs)) the dog probably isn't really vicious. Puppies just like to nip and eat almost everything. Puppy school is good for socializing dogs and having them learn the basics (and the dogs can learn more too, if they go back). A 'puppy school' is usually a class once a week that the owner and dog to go together and learn how to train/discipline dogs.

And they offer most of these classes at community centers for pretty cheap too. If you're having serious problems with the dog, it's always best to get a professional's help.

Last edited by a moderator:
Watch "It's me or the dog". It's a show that teaches vicous and unobedient dogs to do what their masters want them to do. 99% of the time she trains them. Who knows? Maybe you could actually go on the show?

Other than that, you could go to puppy classes or dog school. It will help. Just remember to be consistent and don't slack off after a while. We did that. Our dog used to be perfectly trained when she was a pup, now she is a terro dog.

ZOMG ZOMG YEAH! Watch It's Me Or The Dog it is like soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo awesome. And if no matter how many times you watch it and it doesn't work, put in a call and be on the show! XD

thanx guys!

the dog can do sit, lie down, shake hands and is learning how 2 stay. it just has trouble with growling and being vicious. thanxs sssoooooooooo much 4 helping and ill still have my ears open 4 more! :)

thanx again!

~tamarsc~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back