Hi! I'm new! :D

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cudimaki

Reaction score
Hi guys, I've never posted here before but by the look of replies on other posts that I've seen, you're quite nice. :D

I recently salvaged my Tamagotchi from a box of wires and decided that I'll buy a battery and clean it up, just to see what it's like. I'd just like to know, what's the best way to clean the case/buttons/screen? It's pretty dirty and I don't want to risk taking it apart wrong and destroying it. It's a connection V3 if that helps anybody. Thanks! :3

Welcome to TamaTalk!

If you'd like to clean up your Tamagotchi device, I'd suggest you use a Q-tip (cotton buds on little 'sticks') and a light cleaning solution (not alcohol!) on the outer casing and on the battery compartment as some battery corrosion might have accumulated for a while.

As for the display, I recommend you use a small amount of Displex (a product used to remove light scratches) and wiping it off with a soft cloth on your screen. :D

When your Tamagotchi becomes squeaky clean, you can then insert new batteries, hatch a new Tamagotchi and share your adventures with everyone here on TamaTalk!

Taking tamas apart is pretty easy, as long as you have the right size screwdriver and work over a tray so you don't lose any little bits. If you do that you can clean the case, screen and buttons weithout worrying about getting any cleaning solution on the delicate electronic gubbins. If you're worried about not being able to put it back together again you could take photos as you take it apart, but honestly, there are only a few screws and a few components, they're extremely simple devices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back