Hi!

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hamster0804

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I'm Irene from Holland, thirty years old and I collect Tama's since I was a child. I've got a modest collection now, mostly vintage. I like them best because of the sentiment, I think :D

I was a member of the Dutch forum, but unfortunably it's abondonned, so I signed up here.

I'm always looking around for good Tama-deals, but that is complicated in Holland, especially vintage. I'm searching for a (affordable) Santaclautch and a devilgotchi for years now, someday I will be lucky on eBay!

Yes, I agree! I own five hamsters at the moment. Three Syrian hamsters and two winter whites. They're really cute :wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome!

Aww I'm jealous of your many hamsters! Hamsters are so adorable! What are their names?

It's a shame the Dutch forum is dead but it's quite active on here so there should be no problems! =D

OHGOODNESS! They're so adorable! Ahhh! <3<3

You have adorable pets! >w<

D'AAAAWWWWWH OMG THOSE ARE SOOOOOO CUTE!

I dont think hamsters like me very much, they always bite me..xD

I'm quite good with rodents, so i dont really understand...

I'll just stick with mice and rats for that department..hehe! :D

Anyway, Welcome to tamatalk! :D

And you're from Holland? I'm so jealous.. I wish i lived in Europe...

Cute hamsters! I have a syrian one, my first syrian too. I had only dwarf hamsters before. (one of them was white too). She is impossible to tame though... She is curious about people but won't trust them. :(

Thank you!

Hamsters can be very snappy. All my hamsters came from the shelter or from people who don't want them anymore. Frank was ment to be snakefood, Anne-Isabel has damage in her brain (her pupils are dissimilar) and is very unpredictable (sometimes she just screams out of nowhere). Jari misses a leg and was put up to get 'humanly euthanized', Tijn was dumped in a little box near a supermarket and Bette had a behavior problem, according to her previous owners.

With a lot of patience, a lot of room so they can use (and loose) their energy, a lot of talking (I always talk to them) and earning their trust with food, they slowly relax. I've worked in a shelter for three years and I care for hamsters since I was fourteen, so I think I can say I've got a little experience in that field ;)

Sadly my hamster comes from a pet store, and we all know what backstories pets from petstores have :/ Not sure if there can be anything done. But I still love it anyway and it gets enough exercise from being put in a hamster ball (too scared to let her roam freely when she doesn't even allow me to handle her....also, I have 7 cats anyway)

Latest posts

Back