Homecoming

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Songbird

Reaction score
For those of you that are in highschool (or if middle schools have it), are you going to homecoming?

If you are, are you going with friends or do you have a date? Did you get your dress already, and if so what does it look like? Does yours have a theme or no? How is your hair going to look (for girls)?

Haha, so many questions:)

--

I'm a freshman this year, and I'm going. I have a date, so I'm super excited!

I already have my dress, it's jade green with a black lacy type material over it. I really like it. :)

The theme of my homecoming is Alice in Wonderland!

Also, since this is my first year going, what goes on at a homecoming dance and how do you prepare for it? I'm really confused about all of it.

Yes, I'm going, because mine is on my birthday this year. [: The theme is carnival, and I got my dress yesterday. here it is. And I'll probably just wear my hair down.

Anyways, good luck at yours. If your middle school had any smaller dances, it's pretty much the same as those.

Sorry but what is/do you mean by homecoming? I'm Swedish, but I haven't heard THAT word before... :mellow: ^_^

Sorry but what is/do you mean by homecoming? I'm Swedish, but I haven't heard THAT word before... :mellow: ^_^
Homecoming is a school dance in high school to kind of kick off the school year. It's usually around the first football game of the year.

I'm not sure what countries have it, but I know the US is at least one of them.

Homecoming is exciting! I've never actually gone to a Homecoming football game, but when I was a freshman I went to the dance. That was okay. I went with my friends rather than a date, and on top of that I was at the bottom of the social food chain so it was a little awkward... I felt so out numbered! My school is pretty big, there are 600-700 per grade, and not many freshman went to the dance - it was mainly juniors and seniors with their dates. It was fun though.

I'm going again this year. I'm a junior now, and my boyfriend and I are going. The date is Saturday October 9th. I'm looking forward to it. I'm going dress shopping this Saturday. I'm like simply, classy things, so I'll probably go for plain black... again. Maybe I'll try to do something a little more exciting this time, though not too exciting, because my boyfriend doesn't want a super bright tie! Ha. For dances I usually just curl my hair at home and leave it down, and that's what I'm planning on doing again (I'm a creature of habit).

Oh and our Homecoming's have never had a theme... just semi-formal. I'm kind of happy about that though, not gonna lie!

You'll have fun. You can't really prepare, nor is there really any need to, besides having a dress and whatnot. If you've gone to school dances in the past, it's pretty much the same thing. Just relax and enjoy it =]

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm going. Mine is October 2nd. I always have to attend the homecoming football games due to marching band. Dances are fun also. This is my Freshman year, but I've been to homecomings in the past because grades 7-12 can attend. My school is so tiny, so not everyone has dates. I usually just hang out with my friends. There is a chance I will get a date... but that isnt my main concern. :p I've had a date for dances before, but I find hanging out with my friends funner. *shrug*

My dress is black and has ruffles at the bottom. On the top of the dress, it's a light pink color with two roses for detail. I'm wearing a pearl necklace with it. I'm gonna look pretty dressy xD or you can just click this picture...

Theeeeen... today in Class I found out the theme was "Neon". I obviously wasnt aware of this, but I dont really care. I really like my outfit already, and It's not like everyone will follow the theme anyway.

I dont go crazy on my hair. I just do it at home; curl, straighten it, or some up-do that works best with the dress. I really like my hair up for the current dress I have.

I don't do dances, so no. But I do go to the homecoming game since I'm in marching band. Last year's sucked bc it was raining and we couldn't play our instruments, and the homecoming queen/king ceremony was also out in the rain, it was horrible.

We don't have football so we don't have homecoming.

We do have a formal though, which is always around Christmas time. No one really goes with dates, as that's more for prom, which is only for the graduates.

I'm kind of sick of school dances, but I'll go anyways. I still have months to find a dress, so if I see one I'll be sure to pick it up. I hated mine from last year, I don't even know why I bought it.

I might go if I can get a ride, haha. Not sure about a dress though, I hate wearing them and would much rather be wearing a tux, to be honest. It sounds like fun though! ^^ As far as a date goes, none here. I just go with friends, since I don't like guys anyways :(

I honestly don't see the point of homecoming. It's the first year I'd be able to go, since I'm a junior and the dance is junior/senior only. Homecoming here is kind of REALLY expensive.

Buying a garter for a date costs like $50. (And it can be over a 100 for mums, if you're a guy) Southern traditions are weird, don't ask me why we do mum/garter exchanges, but we do. And then you form homecoming groups and make shirts with (usually) sexual innuendos on them. Then you buy an expensive dress, because we all want to look absolutely stunning. On top of that, group dinners at fancy restaurants and girls night out and the limo all add up.

It seems more of a hassle than anything else. I'd rather spend my money on some shoes which I'll wear out more than once.

I'll probably crash an after party or chill with my friends at home with some good movies.

I'm a freshman. I don't know if our school even has a homecoming dance, they haven't made an announcement for it. I didn't realize they were so fancy.

Our school doesn't have football either. Does that make a difference?

When I was in high school, I always went to our Homecoming games, because I played trombone in our marching band, and went to the dances afterward.

I just got back from the homecoming game. It was fun :)

I'm not going to the dance tomorrow though. Our theme is Alice In Wonderland too.

No, but I remember going to the mall and there were mobs of girls buying dresses and the line for the fitting room being a mile long (exaggerating). That was bad for me, because I needed a dress. But there were only those strapless, short party dresses, and that's all they had. ;w;

Oh yeah, homecoming passed already and turns out there wasn't even a dance. Homecoming dance isn't really a big thing at my school, so we're saving money for another dance in November. It's the week when our team plays a big rival of ours, and we have a big spirit week, pep rally, and dance. Still, school dances at my school suck, i only go to ones that are outside of school, like one the band has called the Band Ball at a nearby hotel in february.

Last Friday was the "homecoming" varsity girls soccer game, then afterward that night the Sadie Hawkins dance, which was sort of like a homecoming. I went. It was pretty fun.

My school has "homecoming" but they don't have a dance. It's the only high school I know that doesn't, and I'm not sure why. But they have a football game and a pep rally, I didn't go to the game, and the pep rally was just plain stupid. I don't even understand how they can call it homecoming without a dance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back