Homosexuality - what is your view?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, I was talking to Stefan.

I guess it's just kind of a matter of empathy. If you're straight, just try to envision society not accepting you and people just expecting that your sexuality was your choice. Therefore expecting you to marry someone you don't love just to conform to society. That's how it is for homosexuals. (talkin' to the people who think it's a choice)

What if I told you that things you were born with(or think you were born with) or not always a good thing?

I believe it's from a young age, but not "born-in".

Reading this is also very helpful to understand my view: https://www.loamagazine.org/nr/family_life/what_is_homosexual_love.html

Yes, with another issue(say clothing) you probably would change after being bullied, but the thing is if you LIKE your clothing a lot you won't change it no matter what others do. It's the same with homosexuality. People don't change because they like it and make themselves believe they cannot change, which is complete nonsense.

People have changed, and that's enough proof.

But as I've said before, anyone who has changed has been a victim of huge trauma. You can't choose your sexual orientation, and you can only change it if your brain structure or hormone levels ate changed, which can be caused by extreme stress from 'anti-gay camps' or corrective hormones from 'anti-gay doctors'. Using these methods to change someone is just appalling.

Okay, let me make a remark here:

You simply CANNOT choose to be gay, straight, bisexual, etc. etc.

t the very least, it is a subconscious choice.

F IT WAS A CHOICE: Gay people wouldn't live such a life of Discrimination and Hatred.

As for Stephan's argument about AIDS and other STDs being contracted by gay people more than others, that isn't really solid proof. EVERYONE, not just gay people, need to be aware of, and take proper precautions against, such diseases. Just because the tissue surrounding the sphincter is more sensitive than that of the vaginal tissue, doesn't mean heterosexual people shouldn't be wary as well.

And those of us who are arguing: Here's a message-

From a typical Biblical standpoint, Homosexuality is a sin. However, if you want to prove that to the rest of us, you first have to prove the Bible is correct, which has yet to happen. If you want to say you disagree with it, that's fine.Give a reason, everyone's happy, no more arguing. I find religion and Biblical terms to be the main reason for the arguing occurring here. Here's an Idea, use proof that we can ALL agree with, if your point is to make us believe homosexuality is wrong. If you can't prove it to us in terms we can all agree with, STOP. TRYING.

...There;s a few minutes of my life I'm not getting back. Ah, well, ehehe, that's it for me, signing off for now.

I just want to say I'm appalled that you are *removed - site rules* that you think homosexuality is a choice and that you think people should change, I'm really mad and hurt that you hate people because of the way they are. *removed - site rules * Please stop trying to tell us *removed - site rules*! There are going to be people you don't like at all points in your life but as you are almost an adult you need to *removed - site rules* somebody else for who they are!

TM Edit: If you feel you are not mature or sensible enough to be able to exercise some control over the wording in your posts within this discussion topic, nor follow the first site rule regarding all posts, please do not participate further in this discussion or, alternatively take the discussion to another site.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you teach a child that being homosexual is okay, that doesn't mean that they will turn out homosexual. It just means that they will grow up more accepting. Tell a child that there are boys who love boys and girls who love girls, and the child will just nod and understand. They won't say, "WOW! So inspirational! That's it, mom, dad... I'm gay! NO STOPPIN' ME NOW!"

I just don't understand why one would want to forbid love just from what a thousand year old book says. Love is love.

@.bloopy you are 100% right and said that amazingly and everyone should know that because kids need to know and not be blocked from things that are such a big part of our world! Then the world will be able to accept everyone and it will be a better place!

Exactly. Fifty or so years ago, America was incredibly racist. I remember reading a book, To Kill A Mockingbird. If you aren't familiar with the story, a nonracist father lives in a very racist community with his children. However, he teaches his children about the principles of equality and that discrimination is not okay. People look back at this book and call it a classic and I specifically remember my English teacher lecturing about how children shouldn't be "protected" from reality. Fifty or so years ago, teach a child that whites and blacks are equal and they'll comprehend. Teach a child that whites are superior to blacks and they'll grow up with those ideals.

Now apply that to homosexuality.

(heh, maybe I should write a modern day version of TKAM but with homosexuality instead of racism.)

I honestly think that lesbians and gays can get married. I don't mind that at all! I'm not Christian, but I think it's safe for homosexuals to get married. That's what I say. :)

For the third time: https://www.loamagazine.org/nr/family_life/what_is_homosexual_love.html

Read it people. Here's a doctor talking, and I think it makes sense. I don't think you guys are smarter than him, and he says based on investigation and not on own understanding that homosexual love isn't REAL love and what causes homosexuality. You're definitely not born homosexual.

If you still think so, bring me good proof first.

I'm not denying that it may have happened when you were very young(5 years or so) but that still isn't "from birth".

I think almost everything I've said is backed with information out of books/the internet. I'm not just being against gays for no reason. ;)

And once more, I do NOT hate gays. But it looks more like some of you guys may be hating me though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back