How can I tell if I'm in love (or something)?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
[SIZE=14pt]Advice [/SIZE]

By Saz-Lernin

Love is something only 16 or over people should feel as young people we need not worry about who we wish to spend our lives together with until we are 16, if not don't get all worked up it will just end in tears and hurt so its not love you are feeling its lust love is unexplainable.its not what they are on the outside but who they are on the inside. so just give up and move on and wait untill your late teens to worry about love.

I'm the daughter of a physcologist so I know what im saying when i say Its not going to work

p.s I'm in a relationship but its been going on for 5 years and i'm 13 and I knew the guy since i was little and we love each other in and out

[SIZE=14pt]Advice [/SIZE]By Saz-Lernin

Love is something only 16 or over people should feel as young people we need not worry about who we wish to spend our lives together with until we are 16, if not don't get all worked up it will just end in tears and hurt so its not love you are feeling its lust love is unexplainable.its not what they are on the outside but who they are on the inside. so just give up and move on and wait untill your late teens to worry about love.

I'm the daughter of a physcologist so I know what im saying when i say Its not going to work

p.s I'm in a relationship but its been going on for 5 years and i'm 13 and I knew the guy since i was little and we love each other in and out
You just contadicted (sp?) yourself, you said oh you can't be in love till you 16 but I'm 13 and I've been in love since I was 8..That's a wierd thing to say after you just blatently said you cannot love until your 16.

I've been with my boyfriend since I was 15 and we still love each other, love doesn't have an age limit. Just because your parents are physcologists doesn't mean your right, as you don't know the person who started the post.

[SIZE=14pt]Advice [/SIZE]By Saz-Lernin

Love is something only 16 or over people should feel as young people we need not worry about who we wish to spend our lives together with until we are 16, if not don't get all worked up it will just end in tears and hurt so its not love you are feeling its lust love is unexplainable.its not what they are on the outside but who they are on the inside. so just give up  and move on and wait untill your late teens to worry about love.

Wow your mom/dad is physcologist? Wow... not. So you're saying only a physcologist can tell me if I'm in love? Plus you said you're 13 and you said you loved this guy since you were 8. My aunt was in love when she was 14. She met my uncle. He was 18. They were going out for a while then when my aunt was 14, she got married to him. Of course she did a bad thing by dropping out of high school. Now my aunt is in her 40's and she's still married to Kevin and still loves him.

A physcologist can't tell if somebody is in love. It's the person. baybee-x is right. Just because your parents are physcologists doesn't mean they're right. This is what they've been taught, and just because they were taught that or researched it or whatever, doesn't mean they're right. I know my friends Daniel and Brittany have been going out since 8th grade and in the Fall, they're going to the 10th grade and they do love each other.

-C.M.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is more to love then appearance.
For example, me. I'm in love with a guy. Not the best looking one, but I love him for his personality. >///< I think he might like me back.

Anyway, just try to get to know this boy, please. -.- It seems as if you're just aiming on the looks(which you are).
I do know him. just because I haven't said I did doesn't mean I don't.... me and him are alike in ways. His favorite type of music is rock. I didn't even think he liked rock! I thought he was a wigger (a white gangsta). But I'm diffrent than you. If I'm gonna be with a guy, he CANNOT look bad. If he looks bad then I won't date him.

-C.M.

I do know him. just because I haven't said I did doesn't mean I don't.... me and him are alike in ways. His favorite type of music is rock. I didn't even think he liked rock! I thought he was a wigger (a white gangsta). But I'm diffrent than you. If I'm gonna be with a guy, he CANNOT look bad. If he looks bad then I won't date him.  

-C.M.
I think she meant really get to know him. Music tastes are one thing, but I think they meant way more than that like who he is as a person, how he was brought up, any memorable things about his childhood, their views on many of the hot-topics today, defining moments in his life, his beliefs etc. It would be benefical for you to know him for a good while at leasy a year before really making any judgement calls. That way if anything should happen in the relationship you guys would have a fighting chance resurrecting a friendship.

I've seen majority of relationships just disconnect and go off the handle when they rushed in too soon. You can really learn and see a lot happen that's the wrong and right way to date at times if you just pay enough attention. My first relationship I ever had we were friends for 3 years before anything further, dated 2 years and went back to being best friends for almost 2 years this October. He's got a Fiancee now but I'm still his best friend and we'd help each other out and take care of one another if we asked for it.

Anyway point is looks aren't everything and you REALLY need to look into the person and their soul to really figure out are they for you. I've met a lot of attractive guys who seemed perfect but turned out to be complete jerks to others or me, or I'd find out as I got to know them we wouldn't be able to click even if we tried :( The ones that are trustworthy that you've known a long time and those who truly make you feel good to be in their company will and should a lot more attractive than someone who looks awesome on the outside but has issues and negative energy on the inside to mess you up later.

You asked for people's feedback. Please instead of knocking some of it down, think about it. Don't say you will, do :)

-C.M.
It's when you say things like this:

I love boys! I wanna french kiss Connor! But I prolly won't yet.

that people are saying you like him just for his looks.

Chill out, forget about this whole 'boy craze' and actualy think- could you spend the rest of your life with this guy? Seriously answer it. Even if he got in a car accident and half his face got burned, even if he got a life threatening disease, would you still stay with him? If you answer 'no' it's not true love. Through health AND sickness.

Please, be realistic... If you just CANNOT date someone with a flaw to himself, you won't be very successful in a relationship like you're hoping you will be. No. Tamaw/pants is right: You need to consider these things, in situations. Do you seriously know him enough? Would you be willing to stay with him, even if something was to happen to him, or even you? It's all "What if.."s.

Don't get me wrong, you can't put an age on love! It's unfair. But you also shouldn't base a relationship off looks. Because there's more to him than that, and that's what you've got to understand too. :angry:

you get butterflies in you stomach - not literally lol - you day dream and your heart feels warm and fuzzy X3

o.o Well, we all have a different way at looking at love. But I wouldn't say that asking for love advice on TT was the best thing. LOL XD

I love the feeling of love, its the absolute best feeling in the whole world.

What love means to me is...

When you fight over who loves each other more...

When just being near each other brings so much joy to me heart...

When he tells me I'm beautiful... (Even if I don't believe it)

When he tells me I'm smart... (And I still don't believe it! XD)

Even when we fight, we still love each other, and get over it the same day...

When he returns the same amount of love I give him...

When I can't think of being with anyone other then him for the rest of my life...

Lol thats just what love means/feels to me. But it could be completely different for you. =)

Love is a magically thing. And it shouldn't be tossed around like a ball.

How many dating, love topics are you going to make!? There's really more in life than boyfriends, and girlfriends. Open up for once, you're just 14 or 13..
Exactly aren't you a little young it's kind of ridiculous going on about this anyway......

You just contadicted (sp?) yourself, you said oh you can't be in love till you 16 but I'm 13 and I've been in love since I was 8..That's a wierd thing to say after you just blatently said you cannot love until your 16.
I've been with my boyfriend since I was 15 and we still love each other, love doesn't have an age limit. Just because your parents are physcologists doesn't mean your right, as you don't know the person who started the post.
I started going out with him before Mum And Dad became physcologists .

and to who ever made the other comment phycology has a big part to play in love and it seems you don't know him well enough to make him a decent parter you need a an emotional connection before goin out with a person.

and i said the age to start looking at love at 16 what you are feeling is lust just like i can't know i want to be with this guy forever cos its lust at the moment not quite love yet as i said i am going out with him and i didn't use the word love to discribe it

I started going out with him before Mum And Dad became physcologists .and to who ever made the other comment phycology has a big part to play in love and it seems you don't know him well enough to make him a decent parter you need a an emotional connection before goin out with a person.

and i said the age to start looking at love at 16 what you are feeling is lust just like i can't know i want to be with this guy forever cos its lust at the moment not quite love yet as i said i am going out with him and i didn't use the word love to discribe it
I'm confused are you saying your in lust, or I am?

Because I'm not in lust, and I'd know if I'm in love and I very much doubt anyone else can tell me how I feel.

And I know I want to be with him forvever, I don't have to be 24 to know if I want to spend the rest of my life with someone (I know he feels the same also).

I think I am in love. I've had crushes, but nothing like this. The boy I like is not the best looking guy ever, but he's funny and kind, and i think he likes me, but i have no idea how to tell him, or bring the subject up.

P.S: Lets not start a fight people. No-one needs that.(I know thats a bit hypocritical because of what i said to Sprogs once, but whatever)

if you thinck you like

someone it can end in tearas and if your friends and he dosent feel the same way it can rewin your friendship :eek:

:p : megga_megn :huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back