How can you tell if you can't sing

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JAM

Reaction score
I'm in chourus and my teacher was talking about something and then he said

"some of you can't sing and even if your momma and grandma says so doesn't mean you can , and I'm talking about quite a few of you in here"

I'm confused because I tried out for alstsat and only people who can sing get in and I just want to know if I just am as awful as a dying frog or just have my voice crack during auiditions (I have never gotten any honorable mentions while singing that you had to try out for)

I have just this past year gotten a superior for this solo thing and I did better than my stupid sister (she has had honors chorus)

also when we were practicing for a concert these stuck up girls kept on saying "Veneasa is messing us up we are really good exept for her"

really the bad singers are Eva, Isha, and Mary (these are made up names hiding there real names)

Last edited by a moderator:
it sounds like an ok voice

but my sister keeps on saying I can't

Well, it can be confusing, but just ask someone to give a HONEST (be strict about it) opinion about your voice.

And by the way, I know about he whole crack up voice thing. I may not be a boy or anything, but strangly enough my voice does that too. Only during auditions too. People used to laugh at me because of it, saying that only boy's voices are supposed to crack, but I got over it. and yes, that can be troublesome.

Ask someone "Do you think I sing badly?" I don't think it's that hard.

What I think you need to know is that I think a lot of singing is attitude. Singing isn't only made up about how beautiful you sound. Sure, that helps, okay, but if you think that you sing wonderfully, you're less likely to pay attention to what the notes are, and then you sure won't be listening to the people around you. It's a team effort.

I believe that what bothers people is that the people who aren't good at singing a lot of times think they're good and therefore everyone should hear them, thus they sing loudly. You know that dynamics are important too, and they aren't listening to the group and where to fit in, so they're sounding twice as obnoxious.

What you could do is record your self singing on something that has good sound quality and play it back and decide for your self

In my opinion, no one is born with an amazing voice. If you haven't done anything to improve it, it is "unpolished" as i call it. I would suggest a voice teacher.

*BaBi*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back