How demanding is Tamagotchi Pix?

TamaTalk

Help Support TamaTalk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shiken

Reaction score
So I am looking to try running a more modern Tama, but since the Pix is the only option availability at retail and the Smart is currently only in Japan…my options are limited unless I am willing to shell out for a different model.

So my question is this, how demanding is the Pix compared to the vintage P1&2 models (this will be the easiest for me to compare to), and if less demanding…what about them makes them leas demanding in particular?

To be clear, I am not looking for an overly easy experience. I want the quality of care to matter, and might pass on it (for now) if it is a lot easier. And I am not against quality of life features, I just want to make sure it doesn’t play itself if that makes any sense.

If the Pix does turn out to be outside of what I am looking for, what other newer models would be a better fit?

Thank you in advance for your insight!

I'm still rather new to tamagotchi, but I do have a pix. I personally haven't found the pix to be very demanding. I haven't played with the original tamagotchi devices, so I don't know how they compare to the pix. One thing worth noting about the pix is that it has a babysitter feature. For 100 gotchi points, you can hire an in-game babysitter to watch your tama. This essentially pauses the game, so you can do other things. I hope this is helpful.

I'm still rather new to tamagotchi, but I do have a pix. I personally haven't found the pix to be very demanding. I haven't played with the original tamagotchi devices, so I don't know how they compare to the pix. One thing worth noting about the pix is that it has a babysitter feature. For 100 gotchi points, you can hire an in-game babysitter to watch your tama. This essentially pauses the game, so you can do other things. I hope this is helpful.
I think I am going to get one and check it out. The babysitter feature seems like I could get some use out of if I want to leave it at home when I go to work, and just run a Vintage P1 or P2 on me outside of home since they are smaller and easier to tuck away.

Hopefully the Smart comes over to the west sometime next year, because I am interested in that if it gets an english release.

I think I am going to get one and check it out. The babysitter feature seems like I could get some use out of if I want to leave it at home when I go to work, and just run a Vintage P1 or P2 on me outside of home since they are smaller and easier to tuck away.

Hopefully the Smart comes over to the west sometime next year, because I am interested in that if it gets an english release.
One thing worth noting about the pix and pix party is that they go through batteries like crazy. If you do end up getting one, I recommend getting Eneloop AAA rechargeable batteries and an Eneloop charger. You can find both of them on amazon.

Latest posts

Back